[Completed] OFFICIAL Stimhack OCTGN League #1

Can I encourage everyone to verify the matches please? There’s a huge backlog and it serves no purpose at all. All it does is disable the real table results from showing.

Just go to match listing, select your match and click verify.

6 Likes

just joined right now - going to get a bit more into OCTGN the next days :slight_smile:

A lot of the matches are verified but still in the queue.
(Look at the star behind the opponent’s name)

P.S.: Ah I get it now. All your newer matches get stuck in verification when you have old ones that are unverified.
Another P.S.: Oh, all matches where you were involved as an opponent get stuck too… My chain reaction should resolve itself in a few hours :wink:

Doing some more league streaming this afternoon if you guys want to gander.

Hi, I’m in and thanks for organising this.

Octgn: Pokeratician

Mm, yeah this seems pretty cool.

I’ll register tomorrow and hopefully be able to log a game or two.

Yes, it does that to make sure your ELO is correct. If your first match is rejected your ELO will change and therefore all of your other games will grant different scores.
Either way, people should verify right after the match, it doesn’t take one minute to do it. Lucky for me all my opponents verified the games right after it happened.

Wow, 160 participants! 0.o

Just a thought - after we’ll be done with the league and find a winner, would it be possible to rename the league to something like “Stimhack Ranked” and run it indefinitely?

7 Likes

I’d prefer the finite time span of a league format, but I suppose it depends on whether people want a long term tournament or an ongoing ranking.

One other consideration, we may garner more interest in the current format because it does have that tournament aspect?

I like the idea of the league having a fixed time frame as well. There’s nothing saying we can’t start a new league a month or so after this one wraps and basically have a league all year round.

1 Like

Hopped on last night to play my first league match against plinkodemayo. Yeah…that was NOT pretty. I’m still a bit sore from that mugging. But that’s why I joined up, to play folks that are more than likely much better than me. That’s the best way to get better yourself.

3 Likes

True. The difference is the ELOs will get reset and we no longer will be able to quickly identify the best players. But probably you guys are right, having a permanent rating could negatively impact frendliness of the community.

Anyone going to be around tonight? (Central time, after maybe 6:30 PM?)

Gonna be playing and streaming for the next couple hours. Folks are welcome to watch and chat about bread or whatever.

1 Like

So just wrapped up a night of streaming. If you want to check out my games. Here’s the archive link with some timestamps on who I played and when.

1:30 - @PlinkoDeMayo

29:00 - @TandooriChicken

1:22:45 - @Melonbomb (Game #2 was INSANE)

Hope you guys enjoy. Let me know what you think. I went 2-4 for the day. I am hot garbage.

2 Likes

Early conclusion: I’m even less cognizant of board state on OCTGN than I am in real life. I have yet to win a game on OCTGN, either before or after the league started.

Consolation prize: I won my draft pod last night at FFG and nabbed a Gabe and a Melange.

2 Likes

I’l be recording my games in this league and putting them up on youtube. I’m not sure exactly what percentage of games I should be uploading, all or just those where something super interesting happens. Thoughts?

In any case, I’ve already uploaded my first two games. Here’s the link to the playlist that will be getting bigger as the league goes on!

7 Likes

Of course that’s not me, I’m not that bad… :blush:

I got agenda flooded straight away ;( I knew that with the money this Kate deck can generate, I was facing an uphill battle.

Nice that you chose EMP over Scorched. I had only 1 EMP in hand to finish you :wink:

As a Runner: I play 95% crim, but I got sick of the regular Andro. I tried this deck without too much practice and had never played the Chris H deck. I fell into my biggest flaw: being to aggressive. Only run on the first click…

1 Like

Anyone noticing that the standings haven’t updated for many hours now? I’ve verified all my losses but they still aren’t posting. Seems like there’s a real backlog.