Corporate Sifring - How I learned to stop worrying and destroy ice

SO! I think Sifr is gonna be great. Lets start a thread about bringing back parasite recursion ice destruction. Here is my idea…

Corporate Sifring (45 cards)

Null: Whistleblower

Event (15)
3 Déjà Vu
3 Dirty Laundry
2 En Passant
2 Inject
1 Levy AR Lab Access [color=#6da045]●●●[/color]
1 Retrieval Run
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
2 Clone Chip [color=#6da045]●●●●[/color]
3 Şifr

Resource (10)
3 Daily Casts
3 Liberated Account
2 Same Old Thing
2 Street Peddler

Icebreaker (7)
1 Black Orchestra
1 Mimic
1 MKUltra
2 Paperclip
2 Yog.0

Program (8)
1 D4v1d
2 Datasucker
2 Medium
3 Parasite

Built with [URL=https://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/37JhYK7YCnYAyxTT5]Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

Do you need Levy? Is this a deck you expect will run through its deck? Your only draw is 2 Inject and 2 Peddler.

Would a third Clone Chip advance your game plan more than Levy?

3 Likes

maybe, I will test both.

This thing has zero damage protection. Wow. Bold move in a meta full of Blue Sun and IG. Also, no current, but I guess that’s kinda okay, as most Corps run only cheap, little-benefit currents at the moment to counter Strike …

1 Like

instant loss to CTM

Corporate Sifring (45 cards)

Whizzard: Master Gamer

Event (14)
3 Déjà Vu
3 Dirty Laundry
2 En Passant
2 Inject
1 Retrieval Run
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (8)
3 Clone Chip [color=#6da045]●●●●● ●[/color]
2 Plascrete Carapace
3 Şifr

Resource (8)
3 Daily Casts
3 Liberated Account
2 Street Peddler

Icebreaker (7)
1 Black Orchestra
1 Mimic
1 MKUltra
2 Paperclip
2 Yog.0

Program (8)
1 D4v1d
2 Datasucker
2 Medium
3 Parasite

Built with [URL=https://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/37JhYK7YCnYAyxTT5]Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

There I fixed it

What interesting Sifr decks are people coming up with? I was also thinking about a Hayley Parasite deck with Ice Analyzer.

Here’s what I was thinking. Depending on how successfully Noise mills and Imp can disrupt kills, could probably use some more protection. I think the interesting thing about this sort of deck is going to be answering the question of how much you can afford to faceplant spiky ICE (letting them rez it so you can parasite it) vs. how much you have to set up to break it at least once vs. when it’s worth burning a precious clone chip to instantly kill it.

Parasifr

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (12)

Hardware (6)

• 3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ★★★●●●●● ●
  • 3x Sifr

Resource (11)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (10)

• 3x Cache (The Spaces Between) ●●●
  • 2x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
  • 2x Medium (Core Set)
  • 3x Parasite (Core Set) ★★★

9 influence spent (max 15-6★=9, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Seems alright. I would probably try to find room for Katy or just any other econ card. Older Noise builds relied on the extra oomph from Aesop’s to work and you will need slightly more cash to get the Sifr install, along with the pricier cost of your breakers.

Of course, once it is installed, you are back on easy street.

In my testing Sifr+Parasite +/- Clone Chip is pretty ridiculous. You probably have just enough draw to make it work, and while I miss the tried and true Aesop’s sales, you probably have just enough money to make it happen.

I’ll test a couple of my builds this weekend. I’ll post if I have anything good.

But I think we need to make good decks that are complemented by Sifr, rather than build entire decks around Sifr as a gimmick. My decks have been focused on other types of punishment, then use Para-Sifr to lock the corp out in complete destitute.

1 Like

Here’s my current Hayley build. It’s not 100% all in on ice destruction, rather it uses Chameleon for the small stuff and Sifr/Parasite/Atm0n for the big stuff. It’s an update of an older deck that I had some success with (but more importantly it was really fun to play).

Shotgun full of bees v2.0

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (6)

Hardware (12)

Resource (17)

Icebreaker (5)

• 1x Atman (Creation and Control)
  • 3x Chameleon (The Underway)
  • 1x Inti (Creation and Control)

Program (6)

11 influence spent (max 15-4★=11, available 0)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

1 Like

I love the name

It matches how you play. The Personal Workshop isn’t just for economy, it solves the Chameleon facecheck problem. Load up the workshop with a Chameleon, faceplant an Ice and dare them to rez it. Hayley provides your “second barrel” to get through another ice or install a utility program. You can also do fun shaper bullshit like install an Interface off of PW, Hayley out an LLDS, and then Chameleon an ice they didn’t think you could break.

It suffers from limited draw, the econ can be tricky if you get locked out early, and if you don’t draw workshop you can get flooded with high-cost interfaces and Sifrs. Still, when it works it’s a blast to play.

Zero Cool Atman (46 cards)

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker

Event (18)
3 Diesel
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Employee Strike [color=#000000]●●[/color]
2 Indexing
1 Levy AR Lab Access
2 Modded
2 Scavenge
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (8)
3 Clone Chip
2 R&D Interface
3 Şifr [color=#cf3713]●●●[/color]

Resource (8)
3 Daily Casts
1 Film Critic
1 Kati Jones
2 New Angeles City Hall
1 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
2 Atman
1 Cyber-Cypher
1 Inti
1 Mimic [color=#cf3713]●[/color]
1 Yog.0 [color=#cf3713]●[/color]

Program (6)
1 Datasucker [color=#cf3713]●[/color]
1 Parasite [color=#cf3713]●●[/color]
1 Paricia
3 Self-modifying Code

Built with [URL=https://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/KzXgSJfqqoqpQumLr]Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

Atm0n is I think the correct direction for the deck.

Because the answer is either in instant-parasite (basically Clone Chip/Peddler) or else being able to easily break any ICE they rez, once, which means some kind of AI program. The AI we have are Faust, Atm0n, Crypsis, Overmind, Darwin, Knight, Eater, Dai V, Brahman, and Alpha/Omega. Chameleon is honorable mention AI, and honestly probably the best solution because it can break Turing/Swordsman.

Basically what we’re looking for with SIFR is a two-card rig that can break any ICE. The AI that stands out to me for doing this are Atm0n, Faust, Crypsis, Dai V, Darwin, and Brahman. Especially Dai V and Brahman because he breaks subs the easiest of all of these… Dai V implies that we’re in Smoke if we want our two-card Rig. Brahman can’t be part of a two-card rig, or else we’re doing some kind of shenanigans to keep him installed. (Brahman on Baba Yaga is kinda hilarious.) Atm0n, Crypsis, and Faust are the simplest of the AI, they don’t really need anything besides SIFR. And Atm0n’s the easiest to use repeatedly, so I think it’s worth examining Atm0n-focused builds out of Shaper. (As an aside, SIFR+Parasite+Clone Chip only works out of Anarch or Shaper. Parasite/Clone Chip cost the same for either, SIFR costs one inf, and Atman costs 3, so either 3 SIFR in Shaper or one Atman in Anarch are the same cost… But we probably want more than one Atman, so Shaper it is.)

In Shaper, if we want to use 3x Parasite 3x Clone Chip 3x SIFR, that uses 15 Influence, so if we’re doing that we are interested in in-faction breakers… But, since we’re running SIFR, we don’t really need to care about strength-boosting… So actually, Pipeline/Dagger look good out of Shaper. Inti is fine, and Zu.13 is fine.

Just so happens that Shaper has some of the best card draw, too, so we can run 3x QT and 3x Diesel. Burst econ is probably where we want to be with so much card draw, so 3x Dirty Laundry, 3x Sure Gamble, 3x Daily Casts…

The deck will be weak to tagging strategies, as it’s focused on dealing with ICE, so 2x NACH + 2x Film Critic is probably right.

Since we want to go through our whole deck at least once, 1x Levy. We can either do 2x Levy, or add in SOT, and because a lot of our econ happens to be events, I like 1x Levy + 1x SOT.

SMC because Yes, Modded because we want the discount on SIFR and Atman and we have the card draw to do it… 2x Indexing 1x TME to start with… Then we have to decide what ID to use. The ones that are usable for this are Kate, CT, Smoke, Jesminder, and Hayley. Oddly, I think Exile might be interesting to use with this just because the card draw is what we probably want even though it’ll be the weakest effect of all of them. We don’t need the decreased decksize of CT/Smoke, and between them we’d want Smoke’s recurring credit over CT’s memory… We aren’t installing that much, so Hayley doesn’t look that appealing. Kate or Jesminder? Well, Kate’s probably just better so let’s start with Kate… (Free Clone Chips, too!)

So the deck looks like this: (Deep Red = SIFR)

Burn it Down

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (18)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Indexing (Future Proof)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
2x Modded (Core Set)
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (6)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]★★★[/color]
3x Deep Red (Mala Tempora) [color=#FF4500]●●●[/color]

Resource (10)
2x Beth Kilrain-Chang (Blood Money)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
2x New Angeles City Hall (Future Proof)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (5)
2x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
1x Pipeline (Core Set)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead)

Program (6)
3x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]★★★●●●●● ●[/color]
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
9 influence spent (max 15-6★=9, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Zero testing yet, but this looks intriguing at least.

2 Likes

Great minds

Ats0lute Zero (45 cards)

Event (14)
3 Diesel
1 “Freedom Through Equality”
2 Indexing
1 Levy AR Lab Access
2 Modded
2 Scavenge
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (9)
3 Clone Chip
1 Plascrete Carapace
2 R&D Interface
3 Şifr [color=#cf3713]●●●[/color]

Resource (10)
3 Daily Casts
2 Earthrise Hotel
2 Film Critic
1 Same Old Thing
2 Temüjin Contract [color=#444f80]●●●●[/color]

Icebreaker (5)
2 Atman
1 Cyber-Cypher
1 Inti
1 Mimic [color=#cf3713]●[/color]

Program (7)
1 Datasucker [color=#cf3713]●[/color]
1 Misdirection
1 Parasite [color=#cf3713]●●[/color]
1 Paricia
3 Self-modifying Code

Built with [URL=https://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/KzXgSJfqqoqpQumLr]Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

A current shaper deck without Net Mercur or Beth can’t be right, if you ask me.

This is probably far from being optimal, but it looks already quite fun:

Kate SIFR Paraspam

Event (15)
3x Diesel
2x Dirty Laundry
2x Indexing
1x Interdiction
1x Levy AR Lab Access
1x Quality Time
3x Sure Gamble
2x The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (5)
1x Astrolabe
3x Clone Chip ★★★
1x Grimoire ●●

Resource (14)
2x Beth Kilrain-Chang
3x Daily Casts
1x Kati Jones
2x Net Mercur
1x Same Old Thing
2x Street Peddler ●●
2x Temüjin Contract ●●●●
1x The Turning Wheel ●

Icebreaker (5)
2x Atman
1x Chameleon
1x Inti
1x Refractor

Program (6)
2x Cloak
1x Parasite ★ ●●
3x Self-modifying Code

11 influence spent (max 15-4★=11, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Martial Law

I think 2x Peddler is objectively wrong in an anarch deck trying to spam parasites with Sifr. The number of CC is contentious because of influence but peddler is free and does a similar thing so much better. I’d easily go 3x peddler and much less inject as a result.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree Anarchs want 3x Peddler, but 3x clone chip will also be worth it for recursion. Everything should be centered around the most broken synergy–that you can instantly install a parasite and destroy almost any ice, fearing almost no facecheck punishment (architect is the only one that comes to mind).