Corporate Sifring - How I learned to stop worrying and destroy ice

A current shaper deck without Net Mercur or Beth can’t be right, if you ask me.

This is probably far from being optimal, but it looks already quite fun:

Kate SIFR Paraspam

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker

Event (15)
3x Diesel
2x Dirty Laundry
2x Indexing
1x Interdiction
1x Levy AR Lab Access
1x Quality Time
3x Sure Gamble
2x The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (5)
1x Astrolabe
3x Clone Chip ★★★
1x Grimoire ●●

Resource (14)
2x Beth Kilrain-Chang
3x Daily Casts
1x Kati Jones
2x Net Mercur
1x Same Old Thing
2x Street Peddler ●●
2x Temüjin Contract ●●●●
1x The Turning Wheel ●

Icebreaker (5)
2x Atman
1x Chameleon
1x Inti
1x Refractor

Program (6)
2x Cloak
1x Parasite ★ ●●
3x Self-modifying Code

11 influence spent (max 15-4★=11, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Martial Law

I think 2x Peddler is objectively wrong in an anarch deck trying to spam parasites with Sifr. The number of CC is contentious because of influence but peddler is free and does a similar thing so much better. I’d easily go 3x peddler and much less inject as a result.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree Anarchs want 3x Peddler, but 3x clone chip will also be worth it for recursion. Everything should be centered around the most broken synergy–that you can instantly install a parasite and destroy almost any ice, fearing almost no facecheck punishment (architect is the only one that comes to mind).

I honestly believe the next MWL update is coming soon, and it will introduce a restricted list starring Sifr and Parasite (as well as a few others, probably Breaking News and EOI). There’s no way this combo lives until Nationals season.

2 Likes

Yeah 3x CC is a good call but I think its subjective, as maybe the Temujin or Faust or Wyldside or Levy is a better use of the influence. I don’t think you can make an argument against street peddler at all here.

Here’s my 2 builds thus far. I’m trying to build them to have good matchups vs the whole field, which is hard since one of them is a Shaper deck =P

Sifr Kate

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (15)

Hardware (10)

Resource (8)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (6)

10 influence spent (max 15-5★=10, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

This started out as a strait Atman deck, and then after chatting with some people, I basically made it a regular Kate deck that also has an Atman. Sifr has 2 MU, so throwing in a coupe Paricia for the IG and Gagarin matchups seems to make sense, although I haven’t done any real testing vs them with it yet. Beyond that, it plays the remote lock game and digs deep in R&D late – basically just a Shaper deck. I usually prefer to go 2x SMC over 3, but I want 3 SMC in this setup because I want as many of my CCs to be used on Parasite as possible, so using a CC to bring back an SMC for setup feels pretty bad.

This second deck is basically just the World’s Whizzard deck with some shit shuffled around to make it slightly more Parasite focused. So far in testing it feels ludicrously powerful.

Papa Sifr

Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Event (15)

Hardware (4)

Resource (13)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (7)

10 influence spent (max 15-5★=10, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

I figured the Ice Carver and Net-Ready Eyes weren’t as needed if I could reduce the strength of all ICE to 0. Black Orchestra has, so far, been enough of a Lotus Field answer. The extra influence from the Yog.0 I also removed became a Clone Chip for more Parasite-y goodness (also good to get back a Yog or a Mimic from Inject snafus). I also yanked the Projenitor in favor of another Liberated Account. Sifr costs and arm and a leg to install, so I wanted more cash in the deck in general. It might not be needed but has been nice to far.

Basically, even if you see Sifr late, you’re still playing a great deck. As soon as you do find it, shit goes into overdrive. Meet a huge ICE in the wild? Use Sifr on it this turn to break for super cheap. Next turn, toss a Parasite on it and run it again to toss it in the dump. It pairs amazingly with Temujin, since almost any server is suddenly cheaper. Code Gates are hilarious with Yog out. Everything is just better. It’s been a hell of a deck so far.

1 Like

Wanted to try Sifr with some more ice destruction tools, so Val with blackmail and en passant seemed the right choice:

1 DDoS
3 En Passant
3 Sure Gamble
2 Keyhole
3 Inject
2 Liberated Account
3 Blackmail
2 Datasucker
3 Temüjin Contract
3 Parasite
1 Black Orchestra
1 Spooned
2 Rumor Mill
2 Eater
2 Şifr
2 Same Old Thing
1 Paperclip
1 Mimic
3 I’ve Had Worse
2 Clone Chip
2 Déjà Vu
3 Daily Casts
3 Street Peddler

1 Like

I’m not ready to post my whizz list yet, but I’ll toss out my ideas at least. I’m trying a frantic whizz with Mopus + Eater + Vamp.

Use Parasites and Sifr for things you need to access and destroy ICE as needed, but most of the time you just vamp the corp to 0 and grab agendas when they can’t rez ICE. Full set of install-from-heap breakers available as backup when needed.

I had been using Apoc, but found it was only really trashing ICE, and Sifr + parasite can probably take over that job fine.

So again, the idea is to make a good deck, that Sifr complements. My list mostly uses Vamp to deny corp rezzes, but still wants to clean up problem ICE from time to time, or just keep servers from getting too expensive to run repeatedly. With econ denial as a main focus, the ICE destruction helps hold the corp down and prevent them from building a board state.

Not sure if I want 2 Levy, 1 Levy + 1 Apoc, or 1 Levy + 1 CC.

3 Likes

EDIT: i’maderp nvm

Sorry, but Prey doesn’t work. Sifr works for the rest of the Ice encounter, Prey check strength after the Ice is passed. By the time Prey fires the Ice is back up to strength.

Once again, Apex is screwed out of the best cards.

1 Like

Lot more decks without Aaron Maron than I’d expect for a post Quorum world.

1 Like

Honorable mention goes to brahmin on baba yaga. (No AI)

1 Like

That makes me wonder if we’ll ever get a card that combos well with Prey? Probably not, but one can dream…

Where’s the influence coming from to fit the Levy/Apoc? Are you dropping Temujins and relying on MOpus?

No Temujin. I’m landing Vamp repeatedly, so I need an efficient way to generate infinite credits that is very difficult for the corp to interfere with.

All of the Influence is:
1 Levy
1 levy/ Apoc/ CC
3 Magnum Opus
3 Parasite

1 Like

Thanks! After fooling around this morning I’d decided to drop Temujin as well. My previous iteration of two Temujin, two MOpus felt horrible. The worst of all worlds.

Gotta make room for slums somehow?

i definitely made that mistake (unless you’re mentioning that time i made that mistake then… WOMP WOMP²)