Cracking the Genome

I guess it wouldn’t, would it? I’d never thought about it before ig

But Hudson kits une does if the runner doesn’t break

More usual is to camp a psychic

Why? Wouldn’t this be like the runner accesses 0 cards when they get to the access step, like if they’d used Eater on the way in?

because you can’t kitsune from a remote. Because psychic field is cheaper. Because you have to trash the asset if it is your scoring remote. Because snare very rarely scores a flat line out of a remote.

Sorry, I was referring to Hudson-Kitsune.

Has there been more ground broken concerning crappier jinteki assets like dedicated server? Or perhaps diversified portfolio /turtleback spam?

Oh yeah, and shipment to kaguya came to me in a dream, for some potential double robin surprises

1 Like

Can’t help but feel like Hanzo might be better in this build than the average Jinteki build, simply because of the higher trash cost.

No idea how to make it work.

I’m trying something with it - House of Knives + Hanzo, Cerebral Overwriter and when the Runner has at least 3 brain dmg - Hiro + Emp or just Hiro.
I believe Genetics needs at least two cards to make it good - Space Camp and some card to flip the archives down.

Archived Memories, Subliminal Messaging or Reclamation Order. Enough recursion to fuel a constant stream of discards.

2 Likes

Hm, Reclamation to get Shocks to hand and to throw them out? It may be some help.

3x sublimation 3x shock plus shi is sufficient.

Essentially when set up, you are charging the runner 3 net and a click for the privilege of trashing cards for the normal price.

Look at reuse instead. jackons/reuse to refill archives with face down cards…

Jackson Howard is the hero of industrial genomics

1 Like

Anyone tried Panic Button? Decent synergy with the ID and only one influence.

A friend of mine was complaining about running into Panic Button+Reuse Genomics on OCTGN, essentially the same trick as the short-lived CI deck but without the step where it scorches you six times in one turn afterwards. It’s apparently a thing that’s out there and is working for people. (And, in Jinteki, there’s the added benefit that if you install an upgrade on HQ, most people assume it’s a Caprice, not a Panic Button. ~MINDGAMES~ ).

so what’s the benefit of Panic Button without the flatline route? Just to feed Archives?

Panic button reuse

I’m wondering if it’s a good ID to play unprotected Sundews ?

I don’t think Reuse is strong enough outside of a game winning combo. Discarding less than 4 is nothing special and any more than that, you pretty much need to win that turn.

Panic Button on the other hand is actually a reasonably efficient way to draw cards. Industrial Genomics covers the low trash cost weakness, potentially giving you multiple uses from it or at least letting it stick around to make them reluctant to run HQ. As @stoppableforce mentioned the Caprice bluff coming out of Jinteki is solid.

Another thing to think about is if you are simply overdrawing to fill archives a natural fit is powerful situational cards like Swordsman or Snatch and Grab. Panic Button might fit in a toolbox deck if not combo.

1 Like

Yes, I had success with dedicated server, hostile infrastructure in ig and used aggressive secretary as a ronin bluff. Mind games, indeed! We can never let the runner know what’s really going on with this id