Cracking the Genome

Nice, nice. If you’re going Snare, I think you need to add Kitsunes.

1 Like

Snare / Kitsune becomes much more effective with EBC - where you can trash to pull a snare to hand.
EBC is worth it for the rez effect as well, which helps the deck vs leela, blackmail, etc.

1 Like

That’s pretty much where I ended up with Genomics too. Haas Arcology AI has done some pretty good work for me in this ID too. But I’m not sure it’s better than SanSan Grid.

Especially if you yell “KITSUNNNNNNEEEEEEE” when you flip it.

edit: …and make them access a Fetal AI on 1c.

2 Likes

Bonus points for each rezzed HostIle Infrastructure when you make them hit the Snare

2 Likes

Played the build today with the Biotic . . . much easier to get those last points. It seems so easy to find with this ID as well. Seems strong. I played it against a PrePaid Kate, a Oracle-Ken, and a Noise deck.

1 Like

I played a few games against quetzal today, and its just like any other jinteki ID, if you’re not teaching against net damage, you’re going to have a bad time.
Nothing is going to be as simple a strategy as sansan, but barring the influence difference, Haas arcology has a lot going for it in jinteki. It’s cheaper to Rex, and it looks like a trap no matter how you slice it. Sansan is powerful, but expensive, and consider getting multiple arcologies online at the same time, fast advancing a nisei mk ii or that first medical breakthrough is pretty astonishing, and can be accomplished with just 2 separate install/advances. It ends up being as much in CE as sans an, if not more that way, but the opportunity to just take the game away like that, and make them respect your bluffing capability, that’s wild. I mean, sometimes those single advanced cards can hurt if they’re the right ones. Maybe aggressive secretary or shattered remains would be a different variant of this deck.

Ooh, but what would I cut?

Devilish idea, and it’s a crapshoot, but if you Jackson out a shitload of cards, people assume you have shock and shikyus in archives. So why not double down on ronin and overwriter, use snare instead of shock and shi kyu, add aggressive sec and shattered remains, and go for making the runner unable to get past your neural katanas, Geminis and komainus. Eh, I always want to use every jinteki trap ever, in every jinteki deck, its so much fun neutralizing the runners neurals.

The point is, if there are a couple ways to really go about the industrial genomics plan, the mind games and trickery reach personal evolution levels.

Switchblade is really starting to be a problem for low str sentry decks.

Very true. I played one build versus a switchblade Andy deck and it was pretty bad. Couldn’t really keep the Econ down cause my sentries were so cheap to run through.

Yes, I ran into this yesterday on SHL2 against Andromeda. Security testing makes this deck sad since spending 15 to trash Sansan is no longer backbreaking for the runner, Switchblade makes it really sad. R&D lock is still this deck’s biggest weakness, as with most FA but in my build it’s so ice light that it’s an issue, so I’ll probably have to put Caprice in somewhere and then probably remove Komainu for something else that isn’t Switchblade bait.

Either way, I’m likely just going to shelve this for now with O&C coming out.

1 Like

my first 2 games against IG were against chris with a sec test ken. i did end up winning, but trust me, 15c to trash anything is still backbreaking. even with 2 sec tests that is 4 turns worth of sec testing. 15c is always a lot.

I have been playing around with Crisium Grid, as it has a favorable rez/trash cost even early, is easy on influence, and protects against many of the weaknesses presented by your porous ICE. The downside is that it doesn’t block RDI/HQI, but they are good for every other multi-access card I believe.

I have had a much harder time against Imps than I have Security Testing. Personally I don’t really care how many credits the runner has, at least to a point. Nobody can keep up with 10+ rez costs if their plan is to trash all your stuffs. At the moment, I really have no alternative to SanSan City Grid for scoring, aside from a single Susan and some Tsurugi, nothing that poses much stopping power against runners past the early game.

Depending on how well crisium grids hold up, I might swap in a late game Off the Grid, or maybe just use an ASH+Red Herrings to tax them to death? I’m also toying around with Punitive Counterstikes, allowing me to more liberally dump agendas into archives as long as I can keep my money up.

I’ve still had good luck with the deck, and its still a lot of fun to play.

I am more playng with kitsune / mothergoddess connectivity these days.

I’m wondering whether this might be a place for an ITD deck, since the ITD is more protected from trashing by the ID and Jinteki ice is very spiky.

2 Likes

The card itself is a good fit, but you don’t (or at least, I don’t) have the ICE to leverage ITD with. Obviously, that could be rejiggered, but I still only have room for about ~12 ICE, leaving much to be desired, and not much ETR anyway.

I will say, I think what’s missing from many deck-lists (including mine) is an efficient way to invest your clicks, which is one thing ITD helps solve.

1 Like

What about Shell Corporation?

Shell corporation is actually misleading, because I don’t think it is even very good in IG. What it comes down to is this: no matter what you put down, the trash cost is, ~3-5+ID ability, and you have to put enough credits onto Shell Corporation that it was click efficient, so you’re investing clicks into it (plus the implicit cost of having it in your deck), means that more than almost any other economy card, the Runner can soften the economic trade-off quite a bit by waiting until the trade is in their favor.

I would just throw down a Melange and hammer it until they sack up and pay the 10 credits trashing it.|

However, if you build a secure server, or already are camping a snare on your SanSan, then perhaps you could revisit running shells.

2 Likes

I haven’t played a game versus IG where assets were getting some crazy boost like +9. If this is happening, you are probably not playing optimally. How I’ve generally been playing against IG is to build up my board state until I can afford a turn of checking archives, eating a few cards of Shocks, and trashing 2 or 3 assets. Sometimes early game I’ll check more aggressively, to crush out a Sundew or PAD Campaign. IG is very strong even it’s only granting +2 or +3 to assets. Who wants to pay 6c to trash a Jackson on an RND access? Even when you want to, it’s pretty deflating.

10 may have been hyperbolic, but, with an ASH or Caprice over archives, it can easily get ripe. I also play punitive counterstrikes, and if the runner knows that, they are frequently forced to respect the flatline and just wallow in their own misery.

Unfortunately Ash doesn’t stop face-down cards from being flipped face-up.

3 Likes