Cracking the Genome

I think the biggest strength of the ID isn’t making already expensive assets like Marked Accounts and Pad Campaign impossible to trash, but rather make assets that normally are not viable more effective. I’m thinking Docklands Crackdown, Encryption Protocol, Dedicated Response Team, Levy University, Melange, etc. For econ, the best approach would be Celebrity Gift + Subliminal Messaging + Reuse.

Edit: Can I just say how happy I am that this ability isn’t restricted to installed cards like Encryption Protocol? :smiley:

6 Likes

Here is a bad version I made in 10 minutes.
BUT,
Hiro is in it, so it balls out of control.

Genomics

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (10)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
1x House of Knives (Honor and Profit)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (15)
2x Chairman Hiro (Honor and Profit)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)[color=#FF8C00] •••[/color]
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
1x Ronin (Future Proof)
3x Shock! (True Colors)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (4)
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
2x Red Herrings (Core Set)[color=#FF8C00] ••••[/color]

Operation (9)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Neural EMP (Core Set)
3x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (2)
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
1x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
3x Quandary (Double Time)
2x RSVP (True Colors)[color=#FF8C00] ••••[/color]

Sentry (9)
2x Architect (Up and Over)[color=#8A2BE2] ••••[/color]
3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
2x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit)
2x Tsurugi (True Colors)

15 influence spent (max 15)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Reuse, panic, jackson (for draw), future perfect, shi, shock, perhaps archived memory, anon

Daily News show.

shock does seem rather obvious, unsure if shi kyu is necessary.

it’s hard to see how you can create more pressure with reversed accts than with this ID, so that is nifty.

What will be pretty interesting to see is if the first two servers people are icing with this ID will be hq/rnd and archives. I recognize that in a perfect scenario you have 3 ICE in your hand and you will take care of archives on the following turn, but what if you don’t? Will it be preferable to know for sure you have your nasty face-check ICE where it needs to be? It would be pretty refreshing if play-testing proved that to be the optimal practice.

1 Like

I was thinking about this as well. I think it depends on what else you have in your hand, but I don’t think it would be too uncommon to ICE Archives over HQ/RND with this ID, especially if you have a way to overdraw and ditch an agenda or two into Archives, leaving HQ vulnerable, or RND versus Criminal, for example.

I just had a cool idea. Toolbox Assets via Boot Camp and Toolbox ICE via Levy University. Janky? Almost definitely. Fun? Maybe!

There’s been a ruling on this: Hostile Infrastructure and Sources of Trashing [Ruling] | Android: Netrunner

3 Likes

Gross Anatomy

Agenda (8)
1x Hades Fragment (Up and Over)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (13)
2x IT Department (The Source)[color=#8A2BE2] ••[/color]
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)[color=#FF8C00] ••[/color]
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
1x Psychic Field (Honor and Profit)
2x Reversed Accounts (Up and Over)[color=#FF8C00] ••[/color]
3x Snare! (Core Set)

Upgrade (4)
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
2x Will-o’-the-Wisp (The Spaces Between)

Operation (9)
2x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)
2x Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora)[color=#006400] ••••[/color]

Barrier (5)
1x Ashigaru (Up and Over)
2x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)[color=#8A2BE2] ••[/color]
1x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)
1x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)[color=#FF8C00] •[/color]

Code Gate (5)
2x Lotus Field i[/i]
3x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (5)
1x Architect (Up and Over)[color=#8A2BE2] ••[/color]
1x Grim (Opening Moves)
2x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
1x Pup (Honor and Profit)

20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

I built this with one question in mind: What can Industrial Genomics, and only Industrial Genomics, do?

RP protects remotes through click compression; the upcoming Gargarin Deep Space is like a slightly better Encryption Protocols (pay 1 to peek, not pay +1 to trash) . IG can choose to go high risk and put juicy assets out there (i.e., installed). I took this a different direction.

I built this with an eye towards protecting the trashables ~before they were actually installed~. Making 3 such cards (Nisei, Will O Wisp, Snare) no longer trash on-sight, is the goal. I’ll use Jackson to find combo stuff and either overdraw/power shutdown to have maybe three or four cards facedown early. I’m relying quite a bit on program destruction to secure the lategame scoring windows…though I hope IT department might also help in that…department. I’ve included so much net damage because this deck is built to attack tempo, so the damage helps cow the runner’s confidence if nothing else. Yeah, my ‘traps’ are toothless (no Overwriters, Junebugs, even Ronin), but I don’t want the kill, just the paranoia. I wanted this deck to be a weird take on glacier, not shell-games.

Possible revisions to make room for interns or a single archive memories. Influence was tight all over…Also wanted an extra Celebrity Gift and Psychic Field. Maybe sneak a Sagittarius in for even more program destruction? Architect is golden though… Agendas feel alright for a taxing build.

[Want to try including Checkpoint + Saving Face after O&C hits. I’m super excited about Checkpoint splashes in Jinteki, generally, because over R&D it’s as good as an ETR against canny runners expecting a Snare/Fetal. As good as a flatline against those who aren’t
Edit: Really wanna include a flatine deck somewhere with Hiro, Checkpoints, Saving Face Hiro, hmm]

I really don’t think Crick will help this deck type because IG wants Archives as close to locked down as possible. I don’t want Archives to be disincentivized (which Crick or Shock could do), I want it as close to unavailable as possible. Crick is going to be phenomenal in more ordinary decks, who just want a single ice to say ‘no, Archives isn’t free datasucker/security testing/sneakdoor’. I actually think Gutenberg is the scariest of those, but that’s neither here nor there.

I also think the asset/Ice tutor thing is cool but in general dislike telegraphing my sorely needed cards. Still think high-impact installed assets like IT/Eliza’s are the way to go, but Eliza’s is pretty unreliable, since it needs a weird binary ice comp behind it (high cost/low cost), which makes all of the ‘Eliza decks’ I’ve seen have unreliable openings. (foundry excepted).

My thoughts are a mess, sorry. Hope some of this is on-target.

2 Likes

Appreciated. Knew the Noise part, but had forgotten the rest.

I feel like these decks are clogged with things that don’t help you win, only help you protect archives so you can have high trash costs on a noncohesive group of random economy/utility/damage assets. The trick is going to be keeping archives face down at a reasonable cost while also making the assets that your opponent can’t trash win you the game somehow. Basically, it all sounds very hard. I give up.

11 Likes

No one ever said cracking the genome would be easy.
After all, we are Achieving the Impossible.

7 Likes

Let’s just crack into a nice warm can of Diesel instead.

1 Like

Wish I could but I gotta go spend some Quality Time with my Femme Fatale.

3 Likes

I’d rather Inject it, personally.

1 Like

Something something, All-nighter.

3 Likes

how about ronin, hiro, power shutdown and dedicated response team in single deck? ill try to cook something up with this, once i got the pack.

Data Raven in archives and Dedicated Response Team would be quite good combo in Industrial Genomics.

3 Likes

Here’s a list I just threw together on a 5 minute break. This is a 49-card version, but I may see what a 59-card version would look like, too.

IG Toybox (Version 0.1)

Agenda (8)

Asset (11)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (11)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (7)

21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

My thinking was that Toybox is already a respectable trash cost. A few boosts from IG might help it survive accesses and ensure you get it to the field. After that, glacier up. Use Caprice to defend scoring remote. What do you all think? Blue Level Clearance seems better than Anonymous Tip.

re: giving up

Yeah, it feels like the pieces aren’t there to trigger the ability without bending over backwards. But before Sundew and ELP, RP was also not all it could be. Maybe that’s some disingenuous false equivalence, but the point is, there aren’t any cards with an elegant synergy to propel Genomics. i.e. A card that directly lets you flip cards in archives face down

The cynic in me says that a single rezzed copy of Hostile Infrastructure would do more of what I was attempting than this ID would. The answer to all of these critiques is that I’m not trying to figure out how competitive this ID will be (answer with existing cardpool: not very), but what the best build for it would be. Probably silly to focus on optimizing a suboptimal ID, but fun nonetheless.

Now along competitive lines, there’s always the upcoming Biotech: Life Imagined. I’m also going to revisit glacier Tennin post O&C. And some of the /tg/ theories for MaxX’s ability and Argus Securities’ are just wild in comparison. But I came here for this weird underdog and built a deck with the wrong ice/econ balance…but the right spirit? Or something.

[I ~read~ on /tg/ that MaxX’s ability was at start of turn, draw one, discard two from your stack. And Argus was the runner either takes 2 meat damage or 1 tag when an agenda is accessed. These obviously are rumours at this point but feel like they could be real abilities, what with something even crazier like Valencia 's BP being in the same pack]

3 Likes

Looks loads better than mine, and Blue Level Clearance is probably the best way of triggering the ID since it doubles as econ. The only thing I’d object to would be 3x Subliminal Messaging.

The more I think about it, the better I think a Chairman Hiro oriented kill deck might be.