Cracking the Genome

Your first remark is precisely what this thread is about! :smile:
IMO it’s never silly to explore the full gamut of what ANR has to offer. Competitive play is one thing, and experimental deck-building is another. Both rewarding in their own way, at least to me.

4 Likes

When all else fails reset your brain and harken back to (so sorry I forget your name!)'s work compression article. You dont have to be super cute with the id, you just have to find those few cards that are so exceptionally obnoxious to trash that you create a situation where running archives “might” be the right move but tbey don’t know for sure, or is all but required.

It seems like it would be a good idea to run a more Net Damage/ Trap oriented deck. Not only would you have six cards you would be always happy to dump into archives with overdraw (Shocks/Shi Kyus) but it could save the ‘always trash’ ambushes like Snare, Cerebral Overwriter or Junebug. If you could find enough money, pair it with three Hostile Infrastructures (rezzed more cheaply and tutored for via Executive Bootcamp) and you have a deck where the runner needs to get into archives, take shock/shi kyu damage, get to the remote, take another damage or two, and spend five credits. That is a busy turn, especially with a taxing archives server. If you can fix Crisium Grid and Off the Grid in there, your remote is even more secure. Meanwhile they forgot about the Ronin that has been sitting with two advancements but has been too expensive to trash, or you have scored a 3/2 because they are too busy drawing up and trashing things.

It may not be as effective as the most competitive PE decks, but it could work decently enough with a few more support cards.

I am going to try a first go at a flatline build later today, after work. Is Industrial Genomics rezzed on OCTGN?

Another thing to note with the damage/ trap version is that your failed traps serve double duty. They are trick of light batteries as well as facedown fodder for archives when you install something over them.

I revamped my hot mess decklist but won’t bother posting the updated version of what was scrapped until I can actually test it a few times on OCTGN. The Source isn’t rezzed yet afaik.

The more I think about this, the more I feel like I just want to build a self-milling Biotech: The Tank deck to make the most of its Levy Access-like ability.

The Source should shake things up a wee bit, what with Incubator and Code Siphon. Markus 1.0 might be better than Eli for RP’s centrals, because runner wants to break both subs even if it’s just a courtesy run.

1 Like

another idea for a deck is docklands crackdown + reversed accounts :smile:

More thoughts involving Hostile Infrastructure in general, but in this identity is where it can really shine.

Just one rezzed Hostile Infrastructure makes a psychic field on a shell corp a dangerous game. Feel free to charge up that shell corp while that thing is on there. If they lose the game, they cannot trash anything, including the psychic field. However, Shell Corp is horrifically slow so I don’t think it has a place here. Maybe if you put Hokusai Grid on there things will get scarier.

It seems more and more like the best idea is to keep them busy running around doing other things while you are scoring as much as possible and watching for a flat-line opportunity. Getting the ice to back this up will be hard.

One of the best threads out there right now.

I enjoy trying to figure out this ID. There’s so many ways to think about it.

2 Likes

I’m a sucker for dedicated response teams. I’m well up for trying a 3 DRT, 3 Data Raven influence package here. It’s probably not fantastic, but will feel good when it works!

Jinteki aren’t that great at tags though. Although DRTs love a good snare.

In my mind one of the basic properties of this ID is that it sort of turns upgrades into ice in that they become untrashable to a certain degree. So when using only damaging upgrades they act more like unbroken, unbypassable subroutines.
This deck is a kill deck that trys to make running on any server a flatline. So, triple stack the hokusais, selfdestruct on hiro or an asset, all shocks in the archives, hold all of your snares. If you manage to do all of that then that is 3 net damage per server run.
Anyway, just a thought on how this ID can affect deckbuilding,
Also, I’ve included only non-parasiteable ice, this way they still have to bring breakers out.

Genomics

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (10)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
1x House of Knives (Honor and Profit)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (19)
2x Chairman Hiro (Honor and Profit)
2x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)[color=#006400] ••[/color]
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)[color=#FF8C00] •••[/color]
3x Server Diagnostics (Creation and Control)
3x Shock! (True Colors)
3x Snare! (Core Set)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (6)
3x Hokusai Grid (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Self-destruct (The Source)

Operation (12)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Neural EMP (Core Set)
3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)[color=#006400] ••••• •[/color]
3x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (3)
3x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Code Gate (2)
2x Lotus Field i[/i]

Sentry (2)
2x Architect (Up and Over)[color=#8A2BE2] ••••[/color]

15 influence spent (max 15)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Off the top of my head I suggestion an evil nasty trick of light deck.

Assumptions & Conclusions:

1. We’re going to get a large number of cards in archives quick. Doing so will raise the cost to trash assets so high that the runner will be unable to trash them, effectively in game.
  2. This means a high predominance of assets & updates.
  3. This means that we are going to rely on cheap assets MHC/PAD/SHell perhaps marked accounts and private contracts for econ.
  4. Lets go iceless (or as near as we dare).
  5. Since we are iceless, we will need agendas that can defend themselves. The Future Perfect… is well… perfect for this.
  6. We are going to mush out assets with tokens. Junebug/Ronin look perfect. Psychic field also works. Plan B might also.
  7. We are going to build up tokens for use with trick of light.
  8. We are going to score an agenda as soon as we pull it. We can use Boot Camp 3x as a tutor for 1-2 San San. That in combination with TOL/Archived mem/should do the trick.
  9. We are going to need to defend R&D from deep digs. Hosukai/Tori come to mind. I suppose you can drop some ice if you really want to.

Sounds pretty nasty… and fun actually. 3x Executive retreat 3 x TFP 2 x HoK? Just works so well with a face down tori…

1 Like

The question is how are you keeping face down cards in archives? I think that’s the biggest challenge.

1 Like

Truth. Iceless won’t fly…

Edit: Hudson/Kitsune/Ash

Perhaps slightly less ice than usual, but most of it is crazy taxing (and expensive). Triple up on toll booths, Komainu, Janus, Archer, Curtain walls, whatever. This will destroy your influence, but tripling up these things on archives early game while dumping extras you cannot afford in archives might be a decent plan. You’ll need to get your assets and operations going to be able to rez them, but once one or two are rezzed, you might as well have untrashable stuff. It’ll take them ungodly amounts of money to get into archives, then more money (and net damage with Hostile Infrastructure!) to shut down your econ. Sundews and server diagnostics will be your friends. If you can get 3-4 of these out at once, and the runner cannot trash them all, you hopefully will be swimming in money to rez that expensive archives ice.

So your R&D and HQ as well as your remotes will be mostly iceless, but Archives will be a tank.

It’s a shame City Surveillance is 4-influence. That would be a great tag tool for a DRT Genomics deck.

1 Like

Exec Boot Camp tutors Assets. SanSan is an Upgrade.

New cool idea for this deck.

Key cards: Gyri Labyrinth, Corporate Troubleshooter, Chairman Hiro. Corporate Troubleshooter, IT Department., Whirlpool, Ash.

I think you see where I am going with this…

Draw a bunch with Jackson and Anonymous Tips, digging for two Gyri Labyrinths and a whirlpool to setup on archives. Setup Corporate Troubleshooter on Archives and start collecting IT Department tokens while dumping crap into archives. Score on an Ash they cannot trash because all those facedown cards in archives is too damn expensive and start saving the pennies. Maybe fire off a Reversed Accounts or two. Meanwhile they are drawing down to three cards per turn with Hiro… they gotta run on Archives…

Maybe put Hiro behind a Susano for Imp protection. I don’t think it would work but it is fun to think about.

Well, it seems a bit obtuse, and I still like hudson/ash on archives.

But you could put Crisium Grid on Archives… and OTG on … Archives.
Then to run archives takes two runs on hq, AND a trash of your ENORMOUSLY expensive OTG …

I likes it.

OTG needs to be installed on a remote server. And what would a Crisium on Archives even accomplish? The run is still successful in terms of the run itself, just not card abilities related to that run. Even if for some reason OTG was able to be put on Archives, you could just run HQ once, then mosey on into Archives and turn everything face up, since Crisium doesn’t keep you out and OTG is rendered impotent.

Also, OTG is free to trash O.o At this point I’m wondering if I’m not misinterpreting your entire post, since nothing seems to make sense? Help me out here.

Edit: Oh wait, facedown things = expensive to trash due to the ID, duh. Okay, I got that part now, not that it helps at all since OTG can’t be installed on centrals.