Cracking the Genome

If Runner access a single card, including Ash, they flip up all facedown in Archives.

Nah, you’re right. Forgot the remote requirement on OTG. Typing more than thinking today, it seems.

As for the hudson… if the order was hudson, kitsune (access card from hand) would’nt they then be denied accessing any cards? You’d have to have an architect as well to recur the kitsune…

I dunno. If you don’t flatline them by getting them down to negative handsize, you might be able to Ronin, Neural EMP them to death while their handsize is low. Hell, even if you get them to hit one Labyrinth when Hiro is out, they’ll discard down to one card. Plenty of time to bomb them. Let the ID protect the Ronin and Hiro while you get your pieces in place, let snares, shocks, and shi kyu’s protect your other two centrals, and try to score a House of Knives.

Hiro seems like a good choice even without Labyrinth. The potential of having three shocks in archives means that they will have a choice on their turn when Hiro is out. They can either draw up and run archives, in which case they will end their turn with 2-3 cards. Or they can run archives with three cards on their first click, get their hand wiped, then draw up. Either way, you have a window to get a Ronin charged with perhaps a Neural EMP or two in hand once Hiro is rezzed.

Here’s another deck idea using the two cards that directly trash to archives, Accelerated Diagnostics and Power Shutdown. Combos include tutor and fast advance Philotic Entanglement or straight up 3-5 Neurals.

CRAIG VENTER

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (10)

Asset (12)

Operation (17)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (3)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

2 Likes

Any particular reason why False Lead over HoK? I really like this concept.

I think False Lead keeps them from being able to draw back up after a snare hit, so a Ronin/EMP dump can kill. 4 cards means a HoK and single access snare doesn’t flat. Draw 3 and Neural or Ronin doesn’t flat on it’s own either. Stop them from drawing and your window gets bigger.

1 Like

False Lead has a couple functions. It’s great in a deck when you know you can win if the runner doesn’t take specific actions with their first two clicks. For example you’ve got Jackson out and the combo ready to go, if they don’t trash him in their first two clicks you win. The other use is it’s just amazing with Neural EMP, I predict most Jinteki: PE builds will evolve to include it.

1 Like

I don’t think I understood the idea. You have only damaging assets so its unlikely the runner wants to thrash them, so what benefits from this ID? Or is it that you don’t eant the runner thrasing this cards from crntral acesses?

Yeah, I think a huge part of this ID’s benefit is on R&D and HQ accesses. It would help keep the crucial Jacksons alive and make people just generally reluctant to check remotes.

To me it feels like every IG deckbuilder needs to answer “How do I stop Imp from voiding my entire deck strategy”?

That aside, I think the right way to go about building this identity is creating a list of cards that would be awesome if only they had a higher trash cost. From those, find the ones that can be easily leveraged into a win condition, and go from there. Don’t assume you’ll ever get more than +2 or +3 from your ID (unless a card comes out that turns cards in Archives facedown again), though - everyone can get into a server once.

6 Likes

Going along with Peekay, overdrawing into shocks over archives is going to be my plan. Just make archive runs distasteful since a total lockout is a waste of corp resources. Small margins of 2/3 cards facedown in Archives with mild ice, refreshing the facedowns as needed over the game. Trying to run x2 Caprice and x3 Will O Wisp so they gain some resilience from the ID ability. Even small early inconveniences, like a single facedown card (shock?) and a naked Jackson do some work compression. They either check archives once or trash for 4 cred. Might want to try Shell Corporation and focus on upgrades/tightly iced centrals instead of assets.

I plan on putting a Komainu, or even better, Checkpoint, over Archives and let the Shocks (x? copies) do the rest. Tried to keep my ice cheap to save money for Will O Wisp & Snare. The net damage is not just there as a psychological deterrent; between Wisp, Grim, and Power Shutdown I hope to create windows by sniping breakers and straining the tutoring/recursion necessary to get back on balance. Had to remove traps and double down on the rig removal.

Here’s the link to my much more conservative decklist:
http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/10887/gross-anatomy]

Re: Imp, I plan on finding room for one or two Cyberdex soon once O&C hits. I’m actually more worried about the upcoming virus tools/Eddie in terms of hits to consistency, than Imp by itself. Also, if the runner spends an Imp on a Caprice or Will O Wisp, I’ve still done my job, since they’d never waste the Imp token on it normally. IG won’t save Imp’ing operations or ICE in any case.

3 Likes

Yeah I forgot to mention it but I think IG definitely wants to play Cyberdex Trial.

Komainu over archives with Shock!s would work well or Neural Katana for more resistance to Parasite. Checkpoint is actually excellent for this.

Will O Wisp is trash-to-use for the corp so raising the trash cost would only affect it in R&D/HQ or when it’s not triggered.

Yeah, I know about Will O Wisp self-trash, I just wanted to protect it till it’s installed and can work its mojo. Might want to only run two, not sure. Also three architects seems crazy but I had the influence so…its install from archives sub seemed too good to ignore. Crisium Grid might actually need a spot here.

I think the only way to make IG decks with multiple copies of Subliminal Messaging is to concentrate only on centrals/upgrades and use Shell Corporation for $$$. Like Tennin, asset drip econ is a no-no. Unlike Tennin, how do you score lategame without the free ToL batteries? So I’m mostly avoiding Subliminal Messaging altogether.

I just meant that generally corps should try to plan on making room for at least a single Cyberdex soon, not just IG. Hivemind is (allegedly) part of a multi-card suite whose other pieces we haven’t seen yet. Even wiping accumulated Datasucker tokens in <1 turn is potentially worth it.

1 Like

IIRC, if the Runner ends up hitting Archives unable to access cards they all stay face-down, but if they hit Archives able to access any (even limited to 1 via Hudson) they get to turn them all face-up. Is that right?

I believe so.

well I think the shock / shi plan is probably better.
But the point of hudson kitsune was that hudson means you accessed one card. Kitsune made it the card in HQ and therefore no cards in archive got revealed…

Oh definitely, I agree that will be annoying combo. :slight_smile: Just wanted to make sure I understood.

do you really need to overdraw or can you instead include cards that are situationally very useful, so that when they are not they can be discarded and still provide value to the deck. This is perhaps (hopefully) the eloquence of the ID.

What about Haas Arcology? Granted, it can’t protect itself, but I think it’s a good candidate for a card that would be much better with a higher trash, and can provide a win condition, allowing you to score 3/2 and 3/1 from hand.