Cracking the Genome

Space Camp is also a card worth looking at to dissuade Archives running. Use it to load up Ronin/Reversed etc if the runner does hit archives, could leave them still without the resources to get rid of things if they’ve had to run into an archives caprice over and over.

Are there any other hostile Assets we could use like this?

Archives doesnt even require a big investment to make it super unpalatable, just a komainu + Caprice followed by shocks if you are successful should be enough to make it horrifyingly annoying.

2 Likes

I’ve been imagining Isabel McGuire in IG, bouncing back Snare!s to hand after the Runner hits them in remotes and can’t afford to trash… Mushin Junebug, Runner accesses no trash, ToL to something else, bounce Junebug, Mushin something… want to run it again?

don’t make fun of me

Having a Ronin at 4 on start of turn is invaluable, to be sure. I actually think Space Camp works best with advanceable ice, though I want to try something like what you mentioned as a kill condition in Biotech: The Brewery. (Since 2 of the Biotechs really want Biotics to FA/flatline). If you start with a 4-advanced Ronin and a Biotic in-hand, you can deal 5 net damage whenever. No tags, runs last turn, or agenda stolen last turn necessary.

Product Placement is NBN’s upcoming micro-trap, though it doesn’t trigger from Archives. No clue if HB will ever get something along those lines.

You’d probably be Better off with tol.

Or alternately she’ll corp. Drop it on the known trap

[quote=“Anonymousful, post:83, topic:2227”]
Having a Ronin at 4 on start of turn is invaluable, to be sure. I actually think Space Camp works best with advanceable ice, though I want to try something like what you mentioned as a kill condition in Biotech: The Brewery. (Since 2 of the Biotechs really want Biotics to FA/flatline). If you start with a 4-advanced Ronin and a Biotic in-hand, you can deal 5 net damage whenever. No tags, runs last turn, or agenda stolen last turn necessary.
[/quote] Off topic, but I think it’s going to be very exciting to build a Biotech deck to take advantage of both Greenhouse and Brewery. I’m imagining a core of Biotic Labor and Mushin no Shin, with Ronins and Plan Bs to round it off. Play it like a hybrid of Tennin Lightning and Cambridge PE, fortifying centrals while throwing out the occasional 4-advanced asset. Once you chalk up a couple of Nisei counters (play with the new Genetic Resequencing!), chuck an agenda and a Caprice out in the open and watch them gnash their teeth in pure undiluted frustration.

…damn, now I can’t wait for The Valley.

1 Like

Well, I had a lot of fun and luck with this deck (Industrial Genomics, despite the proxy nisei)

New Corp Deck

Nisei Division: The Next Generation (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (9)

Asset (20)

Upgrade (5)

Code Gate (2)

• 2x Chum (Core Set)

Sentry (9)

Other (3)

13 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
48 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

It could be my success was due to people being unfamiliar with the ID.
Mulligan for cheap ice or jackson.

EBC is there to tutor caprice, or jackson or…
Jackson is there to let you overdraw and stock your archives.

Architect over r & d - but also over archives. Plays a lot like RP - but the tax is easier to establish and you get your econ flowing faster.

Ash/Red would make good additions.

How do you protect your scoring Remote? With Susan?

I’ve been playing this ID a bunch over that past few weeks. (I’m the boss at my meetup, they’ll play what I tell them to play!) I don’t have a winning formula yet, but I’m having a ton of fun. I’ve been playing super asset versions, and one of the best cards has been Turtlebacks! 5+ to trash early, and they pay themselves off really quickly! Combine them with PAD and Mental Health and econ is done.

I tested:

The Root. It’s pretty sweet, especially if rezzing big assets like Hostile Infrastructure, but I think the deck is good on economy without it.

SanSan with FA. Kinda worked, expensive, boring.

All the fast advance agendas, spread them out with other assets. Dies to R&D dig pretty hard.

Right now my favorite thing is TFP, NAPD, and Fetal with RSVP. If they don’t break the RSVP, they cannot steal an agenda. Also they can’t trash anything, including the Snares they hit. I’m still working on how to win. :wink:

3 Likes

RSVP in Genomics sounds cool, especially with that Agenda spread. Unstealable!

Caprice/hosuki/tori
And lack of funds.

Definitely the hard part!

This reminds me of trying to make Untrashable work. Sure, you can make your assets not worth trashing, but at the end of the day if they just ignore you from the start, set up, and take money to fund their breakers, how do you actually go ahead and win? SanSan isn’t an awful idea, but it’s a lot of influence.

1 Like

I know it may seem uncreative but I think classic sea-scorch tactics with massive unstoppable asset economy is a win here. Just keep drawing and trashing until you got ur combo, maybe an archived memories to tag twice if need be. Just run clinics, pad’s, turtlebacks and keep drawing/discarding into defended archives. Imp will suck though. Late game Ronin’s to make sure you can blast through dem plascretes. Stream of consciousness post.

1 Like

In this ID, I think you want to make your assets hard to trash so you are making money, so you can afford good ice to score behind, and also threaten the kill. Tall order, perhaps.

Latest version of the deck is 27-3 against random octgn opponents.

1 Like

Is Industrial Genomics rezzed on OCTGN?

Nope, so I’m not sure how one would get a sampling of random opponents unless you were proxy’ing it at a FLGS.

Yeah just enough plain to oppobents. Use a proxy card. Lost to whiz today. Got him down to 3 csrds…

Getting this topic back up cause this is my favorite Jinteki ID so far and I’m really excited for it.
What do you guys think about Valley Grid from SanSan cycle as a ultimate archives protection?
Put 3 or 4 ETR Ice on archives and when the runner runs to flip your archives cards face-up he’ll get 3 or 4 reduced handsize on his turn. Enough for a Neural EMP or Ronin kill. Thoughts?

The ID is strong and a lot of fun.

Daily business is a lot of fun.
EBC ditto.

haven’t considered valley grid. 3 shock and 2 shi are generally good disuasion
But Hive sounds…

Sounds fun in theory but in actual game you’ll probably have many more things to worry about than have time and money to stack that much ice on Archives, I feel like. This ID will take a lot of testing out to see what works.

1 Like