Cracking the Genome

What’s your current list? Are you liking the Data Mine?

Hey Spags…

Hey spags - I’ve moved away from data mine. In 25 games or so, I was averaging just a little more than 3 net dmg, a game. Which I think is low for 3 deck slots. That being said the win rate with datamine is the same (within variance) with the version without.

But it changes runner behavior. Drop two data mine on archives - and its my observation that very few people run archives again, especially if you telegraph the data mines. Which is the whole point.

I’ve also noticed that the current version is a lot less fun to play.

EB is great with pup.

current list:

New Corp Deck

Nisei Division: The Next Generation (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (9)

Asset (19)

Upgrade (7)

Sentry (9)

Other (5)

15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Anyway, this is the current list. Comments welcome.

2 Likes

Yeah I looked at Valley Grid.

It looks absolutely, positively insane.

Intrigueing behind Iress.

But ridiculous behind shinobi, hourglass, popup, grail ice, ARCHER, - hell might revive interest in tyrant, curtain wall, Heimdahl1. Even Zed behind Eli.

I mean in theory komainu valley grid neural emp for the win…

I think you’re misreading Valley Grid. It reduces the max hand size by 1 per piece of ice, not per subroutine on a piece of ice. Still pretty sweet, though- stack ice 2 or 3 deep and the runner needs to be pretty careful when they choose to run through it.

Have you misread Valley Grid? It says ‘whenever you break all subs’ so archer, shinobi, tracing ice in general certainly ireres and popup you can just pay through. It’s best behind lots of single sub etrs. 6 would be best - though at that point…

definitely misread.

Still amazing = )

Yeah. Great fun. Jinteki are deeply upsetting.

wondering if this ID would work with the Docklands Crackdown approach from @Zeromus’s deck? probably not because you don’t get the extra clicks needed from HB’s agendas, but it’s something i’m trying to make work.

1 Like

I’m not impressed with deck hands in general.

Click to cost a recurring 1…? And you have to keep dock safe. Which if you can keep it safe… why aren’t you scoring?

2 Likes

my thinking (untested) is that with the potential high trash cost from IG, you might not have to work too hard to protect it, unless you expect an imp or singularity. shutdown/wisp/destroy breakers, and while the runner tries to build the cash to bring them back out, score behind cheap ETR ICE. fun idea, but might be magical christmas land.

I do like that idea. Was thinking about trying to shoehorn it in.

Based on seeing @Chris_Pedersen’s build, and trying my take last night, here’s my latest. I’m pretty sure net damage is the route to take. Could be fun. The Runner having no idea what they’re facing helps. I added Snares for some teeth in R&D.

sHell Games

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (11)

Asset (26)

Upgrade (5)

Sentry (10)

Other (2)

15 influence spent (max 15)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

Looks like the anti-Edward Kim deck has already arrived!

3 Likes

All these no-operation decks freak me out! :smiley:

Nice spags… I like it… a lot. Archer is a lovely include.

I think you will find that you don’t have enough economy, and that 3x shell is not enough to drive the boat.

What you will have to be careful of is imp. Is one of the reasons I have so much econ, and then ways to recur.

Let me know

I like the +1 Archer +1 Architect -2 Power Shutdown.

1 Like

Looks like this could use some Turtlebacks!

I swapped Mental Health for Shell. Same amount of econ otherwise, no?

I really don’t think the deck needs a ton of econ. Need enough to get the HI and Snares online. Otherwise, just keep installing and discarding, no?

3 Hedge Fund and 3 Diversified Portfolio is probably needed I think.Mostly because you want to be threatening from turn 1 and be able to eat a couple of siphon without being totally broke and with your R&D / HQ disarmed.

Hey spags.

Its not the quality of the shell camp that concerns me, its the extra rez cost. I like very much that you could in theory keep all the shell corps in the scoring remote. (And dread the day someone came by with singularity).

I also like that its another ebc target.

I had 3x shell in my early versions and pulled them, as I found I didn’t have the clicks to drive the income. Click to install, 3 clicks for gain, 1 to bring 'em home 5 clicks for 9 credits - and at 9 credits shell corp starts looking pretty tasty to trash…

Plus as an upgrade not tutorable. I’m definitely curious how it turns out.

Calimsha’s comment about being threatening is spot on.
Shell gives you some as defense - whereas I just ride out account syphon. Anyway am curious how it works…

1 Like

Yeah, I plan on giving it some reps this weekend. Should I actually throw it right into the teeth of the Stimhack league, or ease it in with randoms first?

I agree that being threatening off the bat is nice, a la @mtgred’s Sweeps at Worlds. However, this is a bit slower, and, like PE, can ride out Siphons. DivPort is cool, but def. doesn’t help to be threatening immediately. Hedge is nice, but with the tight deck slots (I actually jumped to 54 cards, and was considering 59!), I don’t think it warrants a spot.

Sweeps/MHC could work. XD