Cred cred wine - Andy with Au revoir

Is anyone trying this out of Nero? I’ve been having a very good time with the linked list. I think Nero is worth it for the ability to run while building a rig and only install your expensive sentry breaker much later, which I think mitigates the slower start. Medium is also a bomb.

My Nero deck

1 Like

I don’t count runs there on purpose, because running here or there can be another short term goal that the Test run still need to fulfill. Since all programs are run dedicated, if you don’t clic run with test run, it’s a loss of tempo.

The 2 clics you loose next turn with the TR version are runs for the SMC version because I want to compare credits with same grip / same heap / same stack.

Yeah, but you counted the credits from that. You’re comparing five clicks to four. There’s still an advantage to SMC, but if you value free clicks at three credits, it’s 7, not 10 difference.

1 Like

You’re right for this :
So SMC -4 to +5c vs TR -5c to -2c, it’s 1 to 7 better for SMC, not 1 to 10 :wink: (x2)

6MU + 2 Link, or 7MU.

From Chaos Theory, 7MU is easier to achieve.
From Kate or Andy, 6MU + 2 Link is easier.

Chaos Theory only needs one card to achieve the MU, Kate/Andy need two cards at minimum (Or Toolbox, but… Nobody runs that. Though if there were a deck that could afford Toolbox, it would be this deck.)

I find the Andy version to be the most Powerful version of the deck, the CT version to be the Fastest, and the Kate to be a middle ground. More consistent than Andy (the discount helps here, along with tutoring) but slower than CT, and slower than Andy with a Good Draw.

As my problems with the deck when I first tried it related to setup speed, I’ve gravitated towards the CT variants, but I can’t say bad things about the Andy variants. Also Crim’s gotten some better card draw/selection in the meantime so it might be worth it to revisit. (Anyone tried Exclusive Party?) Reflection is also a very good reason to go Blue.

1 Like

what do you do about It’s a Trap! serious (not serious) question

… for a friend

You don’t care snitch endgame.
Because of SMC the deck must be finishing games half of the time with 1MU left :wink:

Snitch is required to make sure you always have 3 cred/click available.

Nothing hurts the deck more than being unable to use the economy you spent 5+ deckslots on.

I would sooner trash the third Au Revoir than the Snitch.

(Related: This deck tends to destroy RP.)

Run other servers. If they have IaT outermost on HQ, R&D and their only remote congratulate yourself on forcing someone to run 3 IaT.

4 Likes

Alternate dumb answer: Forged Activation Orders :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

6 (snitch/au revoir), 4 mandatory
5 (breakers/smc), 3 mandatory.

This deck does not have 8MU, you’ll need 8 40% of the time, or hold your breath until you find one of 3 (corroder/smc) / 11 programs.

Say you do this at card #23, that’s a lot of turns you don’t run at full aurevoir then (this one is the hidden cost of SMC vs TR).

Or consider droping snitch and jackout on that stupid PAD.

The link doesn’t work.

Anyway, since I don’t have your deck list I’ll just ask you. How do you get your Au Revoirs out? Are you running SMC? I like Nero but Andy’s starting hand helps you so much in finding the pieces. I thought about using Roledex but having them trashed seems dangerous in a faction that’s not know for recursion. I’ve been trying to make a decent Nero deck but vacilatate between dropping the Au Revoir or keeping them. I’ve decided, untill otherwise convinced, to just use him and his console to aggressively face check any ICE the Corp installs, find weaknesses, and exploit.

I think the reason I’m hesitant to try it out of Nero is two-fold: First, he has no built-in ability to help with setup speed/cost, the number one issue holding the deck back. Second, his built-in ability that combos with Au Revoir/Reflection, that theoretically allows you to leave Snitch in the binder… Is predicated on the Corp playing into it, which isn’t usually a good idea. And even then, it’s only once a turn, which precludes the primary strength of Goodbye: 12 creds/turn.

Thanks, I guess I’ll repost in full. The general idea behind the deck is that you don’t need the engine until the mid to late game, instead you run and apply pressure using Neros ability and set up as you go along. Hence the inclusion of medium for a faster threat than turning wheel. Additionally the deck is packed with econ and draw, so you’ll regularly be online with at least 2 au-revoir by the time the corp has a scoring remote set up.

Here’s the list.

Nero v2

Nero Severn: Information Broker

Event (20)
3x Career Fair
2x Diesel ••••
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Emergency Shutdown
2x Inside Job
2x Legwork
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (4)
2x Reflection
2x Sports Hopper

Resource (12)
2x Bank Job
1x Councilman
3x Daily Casts
3x Earthrise Hotel
1x Symmetrical Visage
2x The Turning Wheel ••

Icebreaker (3)
1x GS Sherman M3 ••
1x GS Shrike M2 ••
1x ZU.13 Key Master ••

Program (6)
3x Au Revoir
1x Medium •••
2x Snitch

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)

One further point, with Nero you knoow longer need to leave unrezzed ice on hq or RnD so often if you want to charge the wheel. This has been suprisingly useful.

I suspect the deck is actually quite different out of Andy. Personally I prefer being more aggressive as a criminal; for a big rig deck, I would probably play it in Shaper.

Take the 2 net damage the first time, then suck it up and run the server normally? If they rez, then it goes away after you trash a card you don’t care much about. If they don’t, then you can either Snitch the ice after it or you’re in. Not a big deal.

1 Like

ok, i’ll be sure to do that.

one follow up question: why answer so incredulously about an obvious joke post?

Sorry, not trying to be incredulous! It’s a silly card, but the question is worth an answer, even if it boils down to “don’t be afraid.”

Hey @Calimsha can we call this archetype “CardBordeaux”

7 Likes

I had some luck with a similar deck during regional season (top 8 Connecticut). I was on SMC and bad criminal card quality options (express delivery) at the time to help combat the consistency issues. How do you feel about Diesel vs QT vs SMC in this deck?

Overall, I find I lose a lot of games on 6AP and I think the deck needs a little push. I’m pretty hopeful The Black File may give crim a lategame out versus FA and glacier play.