Cred cred wine - Andy with Au revoir

QT could definitely work. On draw vs tutors, I personally prefer draw and a deck full of generally good cards as opposed to being dependent on finding tutors. It might just be a play style thing, but I think it works pretty well for crims where you want a constant flow of cards and credits in order to continously pressure. In fact I would actually consider cutting one of the special orders in the deck, as I very rarely use more than one.

Cardonnay…

8 Likes

The regional winner here used Quality Time and I think it’s better as it draws you into economy events (Party, Sure Gamble) and allows you to delay the Au Revoir setup.

1 Like

So what should we name this archetype?
Foodwineshopwheel?

Andy’s TurningWinefood?

WineForkFoodShopCoats?

1 Like

Wine and cheese? :yum:

5 Likes

I’ve always liked the names:
So Long, and Thanks For All The Creds
The Long Goodbye
Gone in 23 Seconds
Jack In, Jack Out
Jack In a Box-E (back when Box-E for MU+Handsize because there was a Stimhack+SMC build…)

(My favorite’s the first one.)

My vote is for “Turn On, Tune In, Jack Out.”

That’s a good one. But unfortunately we can’t use it because it doesn’t contain stim, food, shop, coats, or fork.

1 Like

I think Cardonnay is the best by far, except maybe CardBordaux.

Puns are the best names.

2 Likes

How about Astalavista Andy?. It was the name of a hacking website and Hasta la vista is see you later in spanish so it is fitting.

Dispossessed wino?

1 Like

The name of the thread is nice, I’d say “cred cred wine whine” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How about better hurry up and start winning cause if you don’t you’re fucked? That’s what the deck says to me, personally

2 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with this deck a bit, and it is very powerful once it is set up. Snitch lets the runner know what each piece of ICE is at it enters the board (the best a corp can do is install 2 pieces early before reflection is up to try to keep the inner one hidden).

I run with a Siphon spam, since Siphon will charge TTW, and allow a Pol Op to be installed. Since some econ denial is already in my deck, I like to use Forged Activation Orders to trash ICE that I would find difficult to run through in the mid-game.

While I like it, I’m worried that it may be overkill, since this deck uses its extensive information about the cards in HQ and ICE on the board to predict when and where agendas will be to make high-impact runs, and it’s powerful econ allows it to afford runs pretty regularly.

Any thoughts? Is Forged Activation Orders a worthwhile include? or overkill in a deck that just outmoneys ICE and runs smart and hits its agendas?

Sounds a poor choice against the ubiquitous Yellow decks that are low on ICE and big on speed, or against things like the IG or Gagarin builds.

I’m playing the deck (Calimsha’s version) a lot these days. Once it is set up the deck is a warmachine. You don’t really need a more powerful machine, you need to assemble the pieces as quick as possible. Try with less credit denial (3 siphon and 1 SoT is really enough) and tools to abuse it (forged) and put more draws / wathever to set up faster.

Tl;dr : forged is indeed overkill

I had a feeling. I’ll go back to the Express Delivery, which does help set up faster. Yellow is the real threat, and Forged is a dead draw in that matchup.

1 Like

I’m trying a Lawyer Up and an extra Dirty Laundry over the two Express Delivery. Express is just dead cards if you get them with Andy in your opening and there seems to be few reasons to pay a credit and drop one with the Hoppers and Earth Rise.

I can see a case where the Career Fair or AuR is in the top 4 cards, but paying a cred to find that out sometimes feels like a real gamble.

Removing tags is also a real pain to get right as there are a lot of key resources you must keep alive and what with the all yellow decks, Closed Accounts and All Seeing I and Exchange are everywhere, so clearing them is a must making Siphons hard(er) to time.

Anyway, Crim is easily my least played faction, so I’m enjoying the experience, but I am still getting my sea legs, for sure.

1 Like

I see the case for Express Delivery as:

1. there are a few cards that you need to find (Au Revoir, Snitch, TTW, Reflection), approximately 9/45 cards.
  2. Drawing 4 of those cards is a chance to find one of them
  3. If you don’t find any of the cards you need in the top 4, you get to shuffle your stack so there is a chance you will put what you need closer to the top.

It’s not the best card draw, but it gives you a chance to draw the best card, and it won’t flood you the way Quality Time tends to.

2 Likes

Agreed. It’s not the card we want but its the card we need.

3 Likes