Credit Denial Anarch

This deck has a cool name but almost no economy, no multi-access, and limited/expensive breakers. I don’t think it has good matchups against any of the popular & good corp builds, sadly. Those, not necessarily the inclusion of Caissa, are probably the bigger issue.

1 Like

this is something im experimenting with at the moment. i like it quite a lot, won most of the games, altho havent played too many games with competitive guys i value, more like with octgn bunch. found out lucky find is decent addition economy wise and masanori solves drawing issues too. wonder if nerve agent/medium is better than keyhole. i like keyhole as it forces corp to split efforts between two servers eventually, but 2mu sucks. any comments?

Red Deck Wins

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Event (13)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••• •••
1x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••• •
1x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow) •
1x Queen’s Gambit (Double Time)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount)

Hardware (7)
3x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (6)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (9)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (10)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
2x Keyhole (True Colors)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Double Time

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I’d swap the three Cyberfeeders and Queens Gambit for 2 more SOTs and 2 more Deja Vu for maximum Siphon/Vamp action.

1 Like

I’d agree with ditching the Cyberfeeders as lysander suggests, you will find them to be slow almost for sure.

If lucky find is good, then it means those of us without spare influence might be able to make QG work. Ugh… I really need more input for this one.

I’d play something else to help recover from closed accounts, no armitage means you need queens gambit, since you can’t click to 3 creds and play lucky find in same turn, and you certainly can’t play LA.

I wanted to go back to basics, here is what I am doing tonight at league (no octgn because I still don’t have internet at home).

Whizzharder

Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Event (14)

Hardware (5)

Resource (5)

Icebreaker (11)

Program (10)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to True Colors

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

I feel as though this is one of the very few decks that’d gain more benefit as Reina, since you’re going all-in on keeping the corp at zero and unable to rez anything.

I’ll keep an eye out then. everytime I play Reina I end up wishing I was whiz, so I figured I’d start with Whiz this time.

1 Like

Positive test results, -2 SOT +2 LA, if I can find a way to jam at least 1 ice carver in there I will be good, have my eye on one of the 3 of programs.

Having a grimoire on the table every game was MVP. I squeaked out a win against weyland with 1 credit leftover starting with no programs on the table:

parasite archer (-1 str), corp doesn’t have enough ice or money to win on their turn, my turn begins parasite (-2 str) have deja vu, mimic and 7 credits, deja vu, install data sucker, install mimic, run archives using my free sucker token to get archer to 3 str, break ETR, win.

This was my favorite of a few great grimoire plays that I got to make because I went up to 3 grimoires.

I didn’t play any knights all night, didn’t miss them terribly, a lot of times I’d look at the board, and only be able to make a play with knight if I draw it first click. Knight makes turn 1 or 2 siphons happen if it’s in the opening grip, and not much else.

Nerve agent was good, it didn’t score me agendas, but having the option of using was better than imp or ice carver

If I was reina instead of whiz in this deck I would have had an easier time vs weyland and a worse time vs NBN last night. I will have to ponder this more Lysander. My meta is equally divided among all corps unfortunately.

I like the idea of this but the Econ looks shaky. Only Hedge and Armitage? No Dirty Laundry, no other sustainable Econ, and expensive Card Draw with QT?

DL synergizes with Datasuckers and Anarchs overall need for maximizing Clicks. Do you really need 3x Corroder, AND Yog, in a deck with Knight? I’d consider dumping 1 Corroder and 2 Yogs for an extra Knight and 2x DL, and would consider a 3rd DL in place of the 3rd Grimoire though that one is more preference than anything else.

1 Like

Those are valid criticisms, and I think most successful decks in this archetype are doing similar to your suggestion.

Adding 2 liberated accounts was a good improvement based on the testing I did.

DL synergizes with Datasuckers and Anarchs overall need for maximizing Clicks.

DL is a good card and I would include it deck space permitting.

If I continue to end games with 1-3 credits in my pool, I will know that I am in a good place with the deck economically.

Do you really need 3x Corroder, AND Yog, in a deck with Knight?

Yes, because I want to run remotes and trash assets, since keeping corp broke for multiple turns is how I win, I’d rather spend a click and 5 credits to run for free anytime I want, than multiple clicks to move knights around.

Good feedback, I also have a secret deck on the side that follows your suggestions a little more.

Today I played a similar deck in a chronos protocol tournament. It performed really good.
I used Noise since I wasn´t expecting too many trash targets. The milling ability is still nice. You can force the corp player to use their jacksons and it can also be used as a last ditch effort to win a game.

I wanted to run dual combo decks at a tournament that we had today, so I picked DLRRR and CI. CI was pretty standard, and this latest version of the Anarch deck came together by ripping off a lot of deck ideas from better players than me.

I take back everything I said about Cyberfeeder, they work much better than I give them credit for. Here is the list, I finished second out of 16 going 3-1 with runner and 3-1 with corp.

Hard at Wyldside.dec

Credits to Wegeex

Event (11)

Hardware (5)

Resource (14)

Icebreaker (9)

Program (6)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Double Time

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

cyberfeeder is deceptive. you get one early and you cannot believe people complain about anarchs being poor. you draw one late when you need answers and you cannot believe its taking up a deck slot.

two cards im surprised arent making it into anarch lists are blackmail and stimhack. ive been sticking a random 1-of blackmail in most of my runner decks and its been surprisingly good since a lot of different decks play grim.

stimhack is still one of my favorite anarch cards. part of the anarch game i feel is trying to lull the corp into a false sense of security when you are low on money then surprising them with stimhack, splashed inside job or blackmail.

2 Likes

I thought about 1 blackmail, glad you like it. I will try it too.

How is stimhack without crypsis? I’m 50/50 on knights, I really dislike spending that mandatory click that I would get for free with crypsis, it’s the same reason the same old things keep dwindling down.

on the other hand, playing blackmail with a few SOTs is probably great when it’s great.

stimhack is a fine 1-of especially if you run SoT. i wouldnt run more than 1 without clone chips or workshops.

some combination of crypsis and knight might be the right call. the siphons have to land and with those two breakers they will.

you could also probably cut a deja vu. in my experience they clog up the hand in non workshop decks.

A little bit of necromancy :wink:
I have gone slightly diffrent route as i was playing exile but hated moments when corp has a lot of money and can raz everything and even magnum opus couldnt keep me up.
So i tried Reina denial and after some time when i needed to change mmindset to anarch i had some succeses.
Lately been second at chronos protocol in Katowice with Reina and Jinteki RP.
Reina Economy Denial 2nd Chrono Katowice (46 cards)

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter

Event (14)
2 Account Siphon
2 Deja Vu
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Emergency Shutdown
3 Sure Gamble
1 Vamp

Hardware (3)
3 Grimoire

Resource (10)
3 Daily Casts
3 Kati Jones
2 Same Old Thing
2 Xanadu

Icebreaker (8)
2 Corroder
2 Knight
2 Mimic
2 Yog.0

Program (11)
1 Crescentus
3 Datasucker
2 Keyhole
2 Nerve Agent
3 Parasite
I am using dejavu and sot for syphon when available or shutdown couse anything of cost 3 is like syphon for corp.
I only used keyhole in last game which it wons me, other games normal acceses was enough plus nerve agent
Atm i am trying to incorporate 3x quality time to increase consistency…

i wonder if its better in such decks, to focus just on one multiaccess card type and gain slots because of that, be it keyholes/medium/nerve agents only. what u think?

With no carapace, no NACH, no Imp and floating tags, do you just accept the possibility of insta-dying whenever the corp has at least 6 credits?

2 Likes

The opposite I think. One of the strengths of credit denial is its ability to threaten multiple places at once, forcing the corp to spend money defending one place, and you just go somewhere else. However I wouldn’t run Keyhole, it’s too MU and click intensive.

This is the latest incarnation of my Anarch rush/credit denail deck. This has been my main deck since I started playing and it wins the majority of the games it plays (I reckon around 70%) - albeit it is untested in a competitive environment.

The credit denial here is tactical - it’s designed to constantly be moving the threat around, whilst ensuring the corp has limited resources and can’t protect everything at once. It doesn’t try to keep the corp on zero all the time, but it does take maximum advantage of the periods when they are and creates such periods to snipe agendas out of remotes/create the opportunity for multiple runs R&D/HQ.

The only thing in H&P that stood out for this deck was Overmind. It’s a combination of life insurance against Jinteki, an efficient way to power through cheap ice early on and, in the mid game, a tool with Stimhack to break into a scoring remote. So far it hasn’t disappointed, but it does put more pressure on the deck’s already fragile economy.

Hemorrhage/Nerve Agent perform a simliar role, exposing agendas trapped in the Corp’s hand. Its really personal preference as to which you prefer. Currently I run Hemorrhage because it lets me pressure HQ and disrupt Combos even if HQ is ICE’d to high heavan.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder
Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:

Total Cards: (45)
Event (19)
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Account Siphon (Core #18) x3 ■■■■
Vamp (Trace Amount #21) x3
Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow #87) x3 ■
Deja Vu (Core #2) x2
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control #52) x3
Stimhack (Core #4) x2

Hardware (4)
Grimoire (Core #6) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead #9) x2

Program (19)
Knight (Mala Tempora #43) x2
Datasucker (Core #8) x2
Medium (Core #10) x2
Parasite (Core #12) x3
Corroder (Core #7) x2
Mimic (Core #11) x2
Yog.0 (Core #14) x2
Hemorrhage (Fear and Loathing #82) x2
Overmind (Honor and Profit #53) x2

Resource (3)
Armitage Codebusting (Core #53) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 50
Criminal: 12
Shaper: 3

1 Like

Nice discussion here. I am also toying with an Anarch deck. My take is to pressure all servers but R&D. They put ICE there anyway, but dont let them rez it. When they are low on money, press advantage with Medium. This is a further build from an older deck I really liked from dice minus seven (Dice Minus Seven: Netrunner – Vamp/ Medium).

Currently testing the deck, but don’t get many games in. Feel like the deck should have more money and also run Vamp, but I find it impossible to make room for those cards.

Medium Whizzard v0.2

Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Event (16)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••• •••
3x Demolition Run (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
1x Easy Mark (Core Set) •
1x Queen’s Gambit (Double Time)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (10)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •
3x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Icebreaker (6)
3x Crypsis (Core Set)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora)

Program (13)
3x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Djinn (Core Set)
3x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Double Time

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Most definitely not. Anarch’s biggest strength as a faction is the ease with which they can pressure multiple servers without going out of their way both in deckbuilding and during the game, with a specific rig. If you want to focus on one server, you’re better off with a different faction most of the time.

1 Like