Credit Denial Anarch

let me put question different way then:
isnt siphons/vamp/sot package enough to say its pressuring hq and make it a reason to play with 2/3 medium only?

The issue I have with many credit denial builds is that they can end up treating denial as an end in itself - whereas actually it is a tool to score you agendas. And since a poor corp will end up with agendas that they are unable to play or defend clogging their hand it seems like you miss a trick not to have a way to go in and get them. Certainly the builds Iā€™ve played without Hemorague/Nerve Agent have been much less punchy and have been more prone to stalling.

Iā€™ve seen Data Dealer in some NYC winning netrunner lists of the past for Noise decks running Account Siphon and specifically to feed Vamp.

In my opinion, it isnā€™t. Those cards make agendas pile up in HQ (either because of no money, or because of more ICE going to protect HQ). Nerve Agent gets fed off of Siphon/Vamp runsā€¦ why wouldnā€™t you use that synergy to actually win after siphoning/vamping the corp into oblivion, rather than take forever to steal the agendas and give them time to recover? Every single siphon/vamp deck I ever played (and I played quite a few, let me tell you) benefited greatly from having a Nerve Agent out.

At the very least, you should be running Imp. Thatā€™s a great multi-pressure card.

2 Likes

Why would Anarch want to splash for Tri-Maf when they have Hard at Work in faction? ;D

5 Likes

So, Iā€™m fumbling around trying to put a Noise version of this together, because the OP mentions that while Reina and Whizzard are going to be the MOST effective, Noise should also work, and I think that itā€™s not something most players expect from Noise.

The big question Iā€™m running into is if something like Pheromones might be worthwhile to help save money on the various Vamp runs, even if just a couple of credits. Between Siphons, Vamps, and Nerve Agentā€¦ it sure seems like having it might be handy. At the same time, it eats into influence (dropping an AS for a Pheromones and an Aesopā€™s?) and Iā€™m not sure if the added ease-of-entry is worth the reduction in actual money-draining power even with the mill-on-play bonus.

Also, people are more likely to wipe viruses against Noise, even a virus-light (comparatively) Noise. So thatā€™s a thing (though locking them is always fun).

Any thoughts?

Lullaby (Good Knight Noise)

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (12)

Hardware (3)

Resource (9)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (15)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I decided against Pheromones in favour of some Professional Contacts. I might swap those for Clone Chips, in turn, but Iā€™ve always found ProCon exceedingly useful in my Noise builds. Perhaps Iā€™m just a touch too slow, as a player.

The goal here is to put intense pressure on all the central servers, milling the Corp fairly heavily and supplementing that with Siphons and Vamps that theyā€™re unable to handle fully. Iā€™ve yet to playtest it much, and Iā€™ll confess to being a pretty bad builder of runner decks (all corps are more interesting to me than any given runner IDā€¦), but I think this has the potential to be a lot of fun.

Gormanā€™ll be swapped for Cache the moment I can ā€“ Iā€™ve seen lots of people use Gorman, which is why itā€™s included (I suppose if they donā€™t have Jackson and youā€™ve drained all their money, itā€™ll help build that back up?) Iā€™ve not played with it much myself. If it doesnā€™t hold up, Iā€™ll probably use the influence on another ProCon, or on an Aesopā€™s. Or more Fall Guys.

This was previously running Liberated Accounts instead of Armitage, but it seems like that gets you to a slower start if itā€™s in your opening hand, so I thought Iā€™d try the more-click-intensive-but-more-productive-over-time option for a bit, since Iā€™ve already got Kati for big credit dumps.

EDIT: -2 Gorman, -1 Vamp, -1 Crypsis, +3 Cyberfeeder. Dunno how I overlooked that, but itā€™s super useful here. Sahasrara might not be the best use of influence, I donā€™t know, but extra cash to keep installing things seems useful to me. Clone Chip might be better for the extra recursion. Will have to see.

Similar to Myriad, i saw that list posted by demon stone and put my spin on it, i took this to my regional in sydney, the deck only dropped one game, due to a failed gamble on my part :frowning:

It works as a denial deck, But doing it by pushing pressure on the corp to make bad plays. with hostage giving it some more reliability, the changes i would make currently is drop the source for another hostage. i think once i actually paid 7 to steal a NYPD agendaā€¦ sigh(still worth it ) when i couldnt find aesops or a hostage.

Reins Hostages, Tops 8 in sydney regional,

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Event (6)
2x DĆ©jĆ  Vu (Core Set)
2x Hostage (Opening Moves) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
2x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
2x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
3x Deep Red (Mala Tempora)

Resource (12)
1x Aesopā€™s Pawnshop (Core Set) ā€¢ā€¢
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
2x Decoy (Core Set) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)
2x Kati Jones (Humanityā€™s Shadow)
1x Mr. Li (Future Proof) ā€¢ā€¢
1x The Source (Creation and Control) ā€¢ā€¢
1x Xanadu (Humanityā€™s Shadow)

Icebreaker (4)
2x Darwin (Future Proof)
2x Knight (Mala Tempora)

Program (18)
2x Bishop (Second Thoughts)
2x Hemorrhage (Fear and Loathing)
2x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
3x Keyhole (True Colors)
3x Parasite (Core Set)
3x Pawn (Opening Moves)
3x Rook (Opening Moves)

14 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Fear and Loathing

Decklist published on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Alright this thread is over.

2 Likes

So if a deck can manage a different kind of denial, but isnā€™t your exact deck, do not bother.

Gotcha!

2 Likes

Steven Woolleyā€™s Reina deck he won colorado regionals with has to be in this discussion i think.

Event (11)

3x Account Siphon ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ā€¢
3x DĆ©jĆ  Vu
1x Indexing ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
3x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp
Hardware (6)

3x Deep Red
3x Plascrete Carapace
Resource (10)

2x Armitage Codebusting
3x Data Leak Reversal
2x Joshua B.
3x Same Old Thing
Icebreaker (8)

2x Corroder
3x Knight
3x Overmind
Program (10)

2x Datasucker
2x Medium
3x Parasite
3x Rook

all in on siphon. i have to think the pilot has a lot to do with the success. ive played against similar anarch decks before but they seemed inconsistent. if the corp knows almost every scrap of your econ comes from siphon then i think its much harder to win. i guess we will have to wait for the TC videos but there is no card draw, no econ if you cant land siphon, a lot of bad times if you have to use overmind to ever break komainu or tsurugi and a dangerous vulnerability to swordsman which is probably ok because no one seems to like swordsman (i love swordsman).

ps. there is parasite - so i guess that handles the annoying jinteki ice, still i have to think sometimes they are on the bottom of the deck which leaves click drawing like a madman to find them.

3 Likes

Stevenā€™s deck is very HQ-dependent, more so than Anarch really needs to be.

2 Likes

I feel like Anarchā€™s biggest advantage in terms of threat is that they can actually threaten every central server. Against Shaper, you can leave Archives undefended and focus on R&D. Against Criminal, beef up HQ, and toss something over Archives now that Security Testing is a thing (especially if theyā€™re running Gabe/Silhouette).

Anarch can threaten both HQ and R&D evenly, and much of the time can turn threats there into Archive threats as well (obviously most true against Noise, but Keyhole and DLR help them all with that). You canā€™t leave anything unprotected safely, which means tying up more resources protecting yourself everywhere against the faction that has the focus in disrupting your tempo.

All of which is to say, yeah. It was a good article on building Anarch, I think, but some back-up econ for when youā€™re locked out of HQ early seems valuable ā€“ especially because Jinteki has a whole swath of Archives protection that makes scoring with DLR all the more tricky.

Itā€™s an article on building tag-me Anarch - slight difference there :smile:

(My next Stimhack article will be about Anarchs, as thereā€™s a lot of stuff people donā€™t realize it seems)

5 Likes

Iā€™ve always had a lot of trouble with Anarch myself. I usually basically play Anarch as a Shaper or as a Criminal, and feel as though Iā€™m missing out on something. I always simply attributed it to the cardpool, hoping that Anarchā€™s box would help set the faction straight.

His deck seems super-light on credits. I still play (and win a lot) with my Bleeding Out hemo-noise build, which feels credit-light as it is, and it runs 6 more econ cards (with a total EV gain of around +23c).

Obviously, do not have a 15-0 record at regional events on my side, but whoa :).

You are :smiley: If I were to give you one hint (without spoiling too much from my WIP), Iā€™d say ā€œhave less of a concrete plan to victory when building your deckā€. Youā€™re not building to create a specific weakness and then exploit it, youā€™re building to severely punish any weakness that shows up during the game.

Those builds work extremely well if you can get into HQ. A first turn rezzed Tollbooth mostly means itā€™s game over, though :smiley:

Or to quote Knight: ā€œManeuver warfareā€™ is a doctrine that advocates keeping an enemy off-balance. It works just as well in cyberspace as in reality.ā€ That sums up playing Anarch for me.

2 Likes

I think my regular opponents know me / strong deckbuilding well enough to know that strong HQ defense is important, is the thing. I havenā€™t been able to rely on Siphon as a pure econ engine since, like, regionals last year :).

Good point. I suppose what I found particularly useful is that Iā€™m generally hesitant to play tag-me, which limits my options rather heavily. While it might not be something I stick with, itā€™s useful in that respect, at least.

I look very forward to your insights, though!