Custom Token Set

Technically not true; derezzed campaigns can have credits on them that should be differentiated from advancement tokens and power counters.

Advancement counters could just be upside down counters and be worth only 1.

@PHRHD you walked into the opinionated land mind field that is accessories in netrunner. Sorry you had to see us at our worst.

3 Likes

The main issue is the small, busy text on each making it hard to distinguish or understand at a glance.

As others have pointed out, the plug symbol is not the most universal modern power symbol, but the new version you made looks good. The lightning bolt might be too similar to the brain damage token in shape, depending on the design.

Yeah, Iā€™ll most likely use the power symbol option, as it seems more recognizable for opposing players.

Yeah, I donā€™t see why I couldnā€™t just flip them over and have the blank side be an advancement counter? I donā€™t necessarily think I have to do something crazy for the advancement counter, and if I did, I could screenprint on the back side. That might kill two birds with one stone. Would just up the production cost considerably.

Also, as for the accessories thing, itā€™s always been more of a preference for people. A lot of this is stylistic, and the whole reason I chose to make a new set was for aesthetic purposes. I like to keep things a very particular way, which you can get an idea of if you check out my tumblr, that basically shows you the direction of everything I do.

I know, thatā€™s why I said ā€œIMO.ā€ I very explicitly was speaking only for myself, and not making a universal statement.

You absolutely could. Both sets of FFG credit tokens I have are light-colored and transparent, so itā€™s hard to distinguish across the table whether a credit is even flipped over or not. The Litko ones have the same problem. If your credit tokens are reasonably opaque so that itā€™s obvious from a couple feet away whether a token is face-up or face-down, this would work fine.

1 Like

I was hoping to get a mirror finish on the credit tokens, which would make the opposite sides a solid color, gray most likely (until I painted the backs black, at least). So, that would cover that pretty well.

2 Likes