Data & Destiny Spoilers

Would a runner pop clot in response to a single advancement counter going on an agenda in a scoring server/empty server? After the second counter they don’t get a chance to pay for it before scoring right?

Harmony Medtech agenda suite: 3x TFP, 3x Global Food.

11 Likes

I was totally thinking that. 18 AP, only 15 are available to the runner. 9 are protected by psi games. That influence though…

That saves slots on Shi.Küys. No need to run em if runner probably needs to steal 3 anyway (or you can risk that they steal 2x TFP).

The flavor on Reality Threedee is disgustingly awesome. NBN, taking the adult webcam experience to the next level - and of course it would be MaxX on the art!

Everything from the Bad Pub to the trash resilience to the additional money if tagged is just too good.

2 Likes

The Source may want to have some words with you.

4 Likes

Not janky enough. Muertos Gang Member + Pawnshop!

1 Like

Man. I’ve been playing combo wombo shenanigans out of NEH for a bit now with 5-point Beales and 8-damage Breaking News into Traffic, Traffic, Scorch. Accelerated Diagnostics circumvents the forfeited agenda, so if I have a scored Breaking News now with 24/7 News Cycle in the deck, I can theoretically do 16 meat damage in a single turn for 12 credits. :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Holy shit Apex can splash Independent Thinking. The THEME!!

3 Likes

new doctor guy + aesop can let you get rid of gang members hassle free

3 Likes

For those not wanting to go poke around on FB, here are the strengths and influence of all the D&D Ice I could find there (in the order I saw them, but with cost and brief reminder of which one they all are):

Turnpike - 2rez, 3 str, 2 inf
Tracer Sentry that costs the runner 1c to encounter and trace5s to give a tag.

Assassin - 7rez, 5str, 0inf
Tracer Sentry that trace5s for 3 net and trace4s to trash a program

News Hound - 2rez, 4str, 2inf
Tracer Sentry that trace3s to give a tag, and gets ETR if there’s a current (from either of you)

Resistor - 0rez, 0str, 2inf
Tracer Barrier that trace4s to ETR and gets +1str for each tag

Special Offer - 1rez, 3str, 2inf (I think we already knew, but just to be sure)
Ad Trap that trashes itself for 5c

TL;DR - 1rez, 4str, 2inf(?)
Code Gate that duplicates each sub on the next piece

Archangel - 4rez, 6str, 4inf (we definitely knew, but for completion’s sake…)
If accessed from anywhere but Archives, you can pay 3c to make the runner deal with the sub, which trace6s to add 1 installed Runner card to their grip (your choice)

Nothing really surprising or unpredictable among the strengths, though I’m glad Assassin is 5 and not 4.

EDIT: So, Assassin seems like an actual plausible choice, particularly for Jinteki but honestly in any faction that likes doing damage and has lots of money.

News Hound is pretty decent for NBN, particularly Sol with the “currents forever” stuff. Special Offer’s hard to parasite, but would always have trashed itself, so… that’s fine?

TL;DR is almost exactly what I thought it’d be, decent enough positional ice but with all the pitfalls normally associated. Though maybe a bit scarier when you don’t know what’s behind it than Chum, because the right card could get sooo many subs. Hilarious with Midway Station Grid or NeoTokyo Grid.

Resistor isn’t the hardest trace to beat, but 0 to rez is nice, and if they go tag-me it’ll get hard to break, but still falls into the “wish I had a sub-boost” area even then.

Turnpike isn’t bad, but as soon as they have a Mimic it only costs them 2c. Before that, though, yeah, it’ll probably land a tag, I guess. The on-encounter effect is a nice way of extending the lifespan/making the trace more meaningful than just boosting the trace more.

Archangel remains divine, as we already knew it to be. Hadn’t realized at first glance that you get to pick the card, and since it’s any card, well… there are a number of ways that could screw up a runner, starting with getting rid of their Film Critic and going on up to removing their console (and hence causing programs to trash) or getting rid of whatever expensive-but-necessary thing they were counting on, or even just removing their ability to insta-Clot you next turn.

Does Archangel protect itself against Imp?

1 Like

Should do.

1 Like

On access before constant access abilities. TFP psi then can imp. Fetal still deals damage. Archangel gets encountered first

1 Like

Turnpike seems pretty strong. Taxes mimic for 2 for a cost if 2, plus punishes facechwck pretty hard. (Taxes 3 and a click)

Though maybe competes with Gutenberg.

Archangel is sick and seems good.

Nothing terrible, but those two standout in my mind.

Other than archangel and assassin I’m not seeing much that interests me, but then again being a FA guy I kinda knew that would probably be the case.

Everytime you post I imagine you shooting finger guns at yourself in the mirror and going “you the man”. Or putting sunglasses on.

5 Likes

So, about Adam
Do you think the way to go is to remove the directives? [Cause if that’s the case clearly it makes no sense playing him…] or can we build a deck that takes advantage of these directives? Since they will be installed at the first turn we could maybe think about a deck that uses the good part about each one instead of the bad part. Is it possible or am I just too hopefull cause I really liked the art and the concept for him?

I would also like someone to explain Adam to me. Too hard to figure out. I do recall Snow Jax declaring that he was “a mess” and that s/he questioned his viability.

@Andremodt @steve_houston

From what I can tell:

• Never get rid of the HQI directive
  • Depending on your build/mulligan, get rid of the reduced hand size/draw or the running one ASAP
  • He probably wants to play a bunch of cheap crap like Cache or Bank Job or whatnot so he can fire Independent Thinking. It requires installed cards. It also directly clashes with Aesops.
  • His console is definitely a keeper and gives him a lot of MU to use big support programs like Keyhole/Medium most likely. It also supports aggro play.

He still looks like hardmode and he NEEDS to splash influence on breakers which is going to be really weird. His draw can be really bursty. His secret OP card is the 2 credit Program Prepaid but it looks like it’ll suffer from Datasucker syndrome and end up being splashed elsewhere since it’s one influence (cool but why??). Adam wants Harbinger from Apex.

@steve_houston yea, you can Aesops his Directive’s away. Thematically its not too much of a reach since Aesops is a fucking wizard but yes, it’s lame. But now that we know that he doesn’t have any breakers (we thought he would) his influence plan suddenly doesn’t have room for 3x Aesops. Independent Thinking will be his thing.

2 Likes