So I happened to bring all of my Runner cards with me last time I went to FLGS for casual Netrunner…
Two new people were there playing, and they were the only ones available to play with. One had just finished tweaking his Noise deck, so I played against him with a Corp deck for him to test it. These players do not have the entire cardpool available.
While I was playing, I had an idea to have the other player look through my binders of Runner cards, and find a card that he thought was interesting enough to build a deck around.
After a little looking, he remembered how I once complained at length about a card… so he chose that card as my challenge: Monolith.
Urgggh. I’d forgotten to sort and bring the Data and Destiny Runner cards. (So many of them are niche…) so I didn’t have Windfall. So instead, I built it in Chaos Theory, around Eureka. I built quickly, just grabbing cards from the binder that seemed to fit the theme and not suck completely, and were under my influence… Here’s the result:
Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)
- 2x Diesel (Core Set)
- 1x Drive By (The Underway) ••
- 3x Eureka! (Second Thoughts)
- 3x Game Day (Breaker Bay)
- 3x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••• •
- 3x Power Nap (Double Time)
- 3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
- 1x Brain Cage (Chrome City)
- 2x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
- 3x Monolith (Creation and Control)
- 1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
- 3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
- 3x Motivation (Opening Moves)
- 3x Oracle May (Honor and Profit) •••
- 1x Atman (Creation and Control)
- 1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
- 1x Refractor (First Contact)
- 1x Switchblade (Up and Over) ••
- 2x Cloak (Creation and Control)
15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to The Underway
Deck built on NetrunnerDB.
It performed… Adequately. High points for the deck were drawing 6 cards with every Game Day, and getting 9cr off a Power Nap once. I did actually hit a Monolith blind with a Eureka, and installed it… And didn’t have any programs in hand.
After the game, I can tell you the deck would be better with Toolbox instead of Monolith… But anyway; Are there any cards that you flip through your binder and go 'Y’know, I wonder what a deck built around this card would look like…"? I was hoping he’d pick something that looked interesting/fun to build instead of Monolith.