Depth of X-Wing as compared to Netrunner

Yeah if you don’t like dice there isn’t much do be done. I’ve never heard of Eclipse, I’ll have to check it out.

If you like ship combat, strategy depth, and Star Wars, but not so hot on heavy dice randomization, then Armada is great…

thread derailer launched

Indeed you have to ! That game is amazing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Red attack dice are pretty reliable in Xwing. You can build your squad to have reliable re-roll + focus in attack, and that will minimize most of randomness in your attacks.

Green defense dice are on the other hand very unreliable, and they are designed to be that way. But there is a solution there as well. You can build offensive large ship squads which really don’t care about defense dice whatsoever and just aim on killing opponent faster.

2 Likes

The luck factor that dice can bring to a game is something I myself don’t like about X wing (and one of the things i love about netrunner is that it limits the luck factor as much as possible).

Still, the X-wing world champion for years 2013,2014 and 2015 was the same guy, and i think that tells a lot about how skill thankfully plays a far bigger roll than any dice roll in X-wing (and the fact that there is heavy dice manipulation like it was mentioned in a previous comment, although allow me to correct you: the focus action turns eyeball icons to hits automatically, the target lock action is the one that lets you reroll dice).

1 Like