DJ Hedgehog Reviews All That Remains

The goal is to exhaust the runner to open up scoring windows, not necessarily kill them :). As I said, it’s pure jank, though it is 50/50 right now. I won both games through agenda rushing while they were too resource-poor to deal with it (one was a gabe, and I had no ICE on HQ :D). 2x city surveillance plus recurring DRTs opened a 4-turn window for me to score 2 astros.

It’s not a srs bsns build, but it is sufficiently different that my local meta didn’t know wtf to do right away :).

One point: Rezzing Adonis with Executive Bootcamp is not a great idea.
You get the 1C discount, but you then don’t get the 3C income from
Adonis. So you end up -3C rather than -1C. Sure, the Adonis will fire
for one extra turn, but it’ll probably be trashed by then / returned to
your hand with Blue Sun for a 4C rebate.

Do people rez it that way? I thought the idea was to rez it end of Runner turn, gain 3, return for 4. Gain 3c for 1 click.

EBC is just the tutor for it, since you’re likely running 1-of, max 2.

Yeah I think people are talking about Executive Bootcamp as a tutor for Adonis rather than a 1c saver. Blue Sun usually wants to see 1 Adonis in a game and recur it over and over in their scoring server until they have an agenda. EBC lets you run 1 copy and save influence.

With Boot Camp you can run a 1-of Adonis and go fetch it, then use the
Boot Camp to rez for extra economic benefit. There are tons of other
options and card interactions, see how many you can find!

Was the bit I was objecting to. Using it to tutor is fine and a great use of it! :slight_smile: Just pointing out that the article sounds like it’s advocating using the boot camp to rez Adonis, which is a silly plan.

Definitely. Especially since you just burned the Boot Camp to find it.

Good point- and noted. I was on the train of thought for the fetch and got carried away. Fetching requires the EBC to be trashed, so it could not be used to rez Adonis.

Even if you had another copy in play, it wouldn’t do any good. You would basically rez Adonis for 3 and gain 0 from it this turn… Start of your turn trigger window is all gone, when you rez an asset with boot camp.

Edit:
Just noted that @Kandiru already said that few post above…

PSA: You can’t use pad campaign money to rez daily business show on the same turn.

3 Likes

Your thinking is wrong is so many ways. Let me count them:

First:

[quote=“hhooo, post:28, topic:2434”]
You dont need help getting through Eli in shaper though.
[/quote] Everyone needs help getting through Eli, incuding shaper. Atman at 4 is 7 to install.

Second:

Shaper dog is insanely more efficient than all of the breakers you listed. It’s limited use is its only downside.

Third:

[quote=“hhooo, post:28, topic:2434”]
…unless you’re already running scavenge in your deck.
[/quote] …or clone chip (see: every good shaper deck).

Fourth:

You are setting up a false dichotomy here that every deck should run Atman or Shaper Dog. There are so many other good options for Shaper! You can run Shaper Dog for all the big barriers and have an Atman at 0 for wraparound. Then, you can have your clone chips and a few scavenges (a good card on its own). That will give you all the flexibility you need.

2 Likes