Does TWIY* have a place in the game now that NEH is out?

Mother Goddess has won me several games. It’s great with Paper Wall, it’s great for rushing the early astro (ie, the game plan of this deck), and it can lock out some runners completely. I would not be hesitant to say that Mother Goddess is one of the best cards in the deck. I was thinking about adding a copy, but we’ll see.

I’m using Jackson over Anonymous Tip because of Noise; you don’t want too many agendas milled of course, but getting biotics milled is no fun either.

1 Like

yeah the first couple plays I was questioning if Jackson was worth his weight, but after 5 more I realized he definitely is necessary. I run 2, which may be enough. interesting point about Mother Goddess, may have to try it out

Just won a store championship tourney (20 players) using this TWIY* Midseasons build. The deck went 7-1.

NBN: The World is Yours* (Future Proof)

Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)

Asset (3)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
1x Reversed Accounts (Up and Over)

Upgrade (2)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (19)
2x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Psychographics (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves) ••••• ••••
1x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
1x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (5)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (4)
1x Tollbooth (Core Set)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (2)
1x Data Raven (Core Set)
1x Hunter (Core Set)
12 influence spent (maximum 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)

One thing I like about TWIY* over NEH is that you play no remote, and that stops the Security Testing, which is really important given that you need a money advantage. I will make an exception for San San’s though. If they want to let a rezzed San San live, they can have all the Security Testing $'s they desire. This deck gets a lot of 13 advanced Beale wins. For players who figure out what’s up and start building money, you then have to use the San San’s to force their hand. I found Closed Accounts to be more important than Fast Tracks so have 2 and 1, respectively. If someone is racing you with money and you’re neck and neck at 20+ credits, having Closed Accounts or two makes the Midseasons play with a marginal credit lead more viable.

It’s a heady deck. You let them score. You get a ton of tags, but then usually don’t have the 13 credits necessary for the walkoff Fast Track Psycho Beale. At that point it is a race for you to get the money necessary while doing what you can to limit accesses.

4 Likes

How do you play the Reversed Accounts? Do you bluff it as a sansan to hit them for -8?

That is a fairly new addition to the deck, so I haven’t had the chance to test it to its fullest. In the tournament I played it out unadvanced a couple times, as you suggest, where it usually works to cost the runner a run and 3 credits to trash.

Seems like a pretty bad move if you hit them for 8. That’s four click and 2 credits to hit them for 8 credits. Not a huge swing if you compare to even just click for credits four times.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I was confused. There’s no reason for the runner to leave advanced cards on the table. Maybe swap it for a Universal Connectivity Fee?

I designed and ran a “no-remote” NEH FA for GenCon/US Nationals. I guessed that Andi would be ubiquitous, Sec Test would be ubiquitous, and that the additional activations of NEH ability for PAD and Marked (c/t a still reasonable number of activations from Jackson, SanSan, biotic’d agendas, and Breaking News; I of course agree that the runner can Sec Test off my SSCG as much as they want…) just wasn’t worth it. As it turned out, I didn’t see that much Andi, but the deck still won. I think I lost two or three of 14 or 16 games (don’t remember the specifics of the tourney, it was a lot of ANR though, against good opponents). Too bad my running sucked.

Yeah that is actually what it was in the previous version. Universal Connectivity Fee is great when you have already landed the Midseasons.

Reversed Accounts is in there because I needed more help for the pre-Midseasons part of the game. It gives you another way to sap the runner’s money. Maybe a third San San would actually be the way to go there.

Edit: oh and I thought I should just add, the additional handsize TWIY* gives you is actually quite a bonus. Mainly protects your agendas from sniping. Also lets you hide a card when baby giraffing, and makes it easier to hold onto all those operations. You play a lot of operations in this deck that you usually have to hold for a while before they are enabled or become optimal (Fast Track, Closed Accounts, Midseasons, Psychographics).

What was the competition like up there? I wanted to check it out, but the release of ONC and the late start time scared me off a bit.