Early observations of the Core 2.0 meta

That doesn’t work; Femme Bypasses Kakugo, and Kakugo deals damage whenever the Runner passes it, which includes bypassing it.

1 Like

I made the same mistake predicting Hunting Grounds would be a nice splash again. Kakugo is a nasty piece, eh? I’m so upset Net Shield is rotating, mostly because of that. I always though Net Shield was a better splash than Feedback Filter for IG. :confused:

Why is Feedback Filter gone? It’s C&C. Do you mean Net Shield?

How many cloaks or ghost runners do you need to support this though? I agree that daiv’s gained some purchase post 2.0.

You know, I sure did.

Two Cloaks and Mercur?

Agenda flood is definitely a real thing. Even in my rushier decks I was having trouble with this, getting everything set up and running. Maybe I had poor draws so far, but the lack of consistency from Jackson being gone is frustrating for sure.

1 Like

I would include 2x Cloak and 3x Net Mercur. I was, however, running Desperado Smoke previously, so you may perhaps include 1x Ghost Runner or go to 3x Cloak if you use a 2 mem console.

What have you tried to mitigate flood? Most of my post rotation games have been as aginf with obokata and TFP, so density is normally low enough to not be a problem.

My architects of tomorrow list spends 8 influence on 2 special report and 2 whampoa. It’s quite a lot, but seems sufficient. If I just ran 1 solution it would be special report. I mostly miss Jackson for his draw now.

Just special report and preemptive action so far. Still exploring options.

Special report has seemed pretty good. Miraju is decent in jinteki. Has anybody tried disposable hq or Alexa belsky?

I’ve been playing with disposable HQ a bit. Getting them to access it when flooded can be a problem. End up in some roulette situations where they legwork and you need them access the DHQ first to avoid loss.

1 Like

I’ve had some games where I got super flooded and had nothing to do but try to score and hope they could not Legwork. That is no fun, but I won two games where i was in that spot.

I actually had one super annoying game vs. Fisk where the constant forced card draw caused me lots of issues. No Jackson changes the game for sure.

Mirāju is amazing, it’s saved my hand many times. That coupled with Special Report and I’ve yet to be pained by flood in Jinteki.

1 Like

I think that jinteki is in the best position right now, with TFP, Obokata, GFI, and nisei mk 2. We’ll see, I guess, whether “self-protecting 5/3’s” is a trend that continues (looks promising given the spoilers for kitara cycle so far). I wonder if the best way to adapt to this blighted, jackson-less hellscape is to just lower agenda density and add a slot or two for Fast Track to get agendas when you need them.

1 Like

They have the best FA tools too, with both Trick of Light and Shipment from Tennin. FA offers another way to deal with flood, as you can get agendas out of your hand that way instead.

2 Likes

It’s kind of slow FA though. Requires either the runner not to make a run (which happens only early usually, or if they’re temporarily low on cash) or you to have a bunch of advancements on ice (which requires tempo or cards that do it). The possibility is definitely there, but it’s harder to achieve than it was before I think.

1 Like

Miraju is nice in Jinteki, the only downside is when the runner wants to keep breaking just to tax you out. Preemptive is such a poor Jackson replacement. I find myself throwing them in the trash a fair bit.

1 Like

With respect to flooding, does DBS not do enough as Jackson replacement?