Easter Egg

Ok, I know that because of the release of O&C we should all be talking about how amazing the new runners are (and they really are, btw). However, after reading the full spoiler a couple of times, this concept came to my mind:

Easter Egg VA

Quetzal: Free Spirit (First Contact)

Event (15)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x Forked (Order and Chaos)
3x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••
2x Spooned (Order and Chaos)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Wanton Destruction (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (5)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••
1x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) ••
2x Ekomind (All That Remains)

Resource (8)
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Duggar’s (First Contact)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (4)
2x Eater (Order and Chaos)
2x Overmind (Honor and Profit)

Program (13)
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
1x Keyhole (True Colors)
1x Magnum Opus (Core Set) ••
3x Origami (Up and Over)
1x Paintbrush (Double Time) ••••
3x Parasite (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Very concisely, the idea is to paint a nice easter egg (like they do in Russia).

Less concisely, Quetzal + paintbrush represent a pretty effective combination that is turned in a rather funny way of dealing with ice by the new cutlery set. The idea is to use duggar’s to go through the deck and set the key pieces on the table, origami and Ekomind for instance. After that, recover your programs and start to run.

On the designing level, I believe that getting the right economy is the toughest thing to solve. Given the abundance of memory slot I picked magnum opus for the long term support. Armitage Codubesting should help while setting things up, given that it is a sort of burst economy. I am not sure about Sure Gambles.

Any comment before I sleeve the thing up and give it a try?

The key to overmind being super effective, particularly with ekomind and duggars is to have a 5th click with which to play the overmind after a full hand duggers draw.

The deck I have experience with, we get 20+ counter overminds on the table, then its just kati + stimhack recurring all day, locking out remotes and setting up massive medium digs.

3x public sympathy + 3x origami + (for now) all nighter (will be stim dealer/amped up) later.

I definitely think the cutlery+eater is a good add to stay aggressive while the combo falls into place though, might import that into my build.

Seems like paintbrush and overmind are anti-synergistic. I get the point of enablying the cutlery. But one copy of paintbrush isn’t going occur enough to matter. I would suggest 3x e3 and 3x overmind.

2 Likes