Elite Draft of the Whole ANR Cardpool

Derp

1 Like

No PPVP? No MWL… And no one drafted it, surprisingly.

this point was brought up to me many times, and my response is the same.

β€œwhy not ppvp?”

1: im not kate
2: no levy, no SOT
3: no multi access run events, no DL

the value of PPVP drops like a rock because of those things.

2 Likes

So basically instead of stealing PPVP with a pick, you took Lucky Find instead and made the person who actually might’ve gotten those other things sad because they didn’t get the busted econ? :slight_smile:

No Sure Gamble because Day Job/Lucky Find work better…?

1 Like

holy hell i forgot sure gamble.

that list is getting a massive edit.

im a fucking idiot. i totally spaced out on that cuz i started building that deck from the draft board, and forgot the free sure gamble. holy shit…

–

but i took lucky find cuz its just a decent card and magnum and kati was off the table. i was looking at β€˜dollars gained per card’ after i had to abandon my aesops plan. and i played LF before without ppvp. its better than you think.

3 Likes

PPVP is pretty bad in this format, you need to get clonechip/smc/Levy and Kate to make it work. Not to mention you have to play it without sucker and parasite.

1 Like

In draft, Lucky Find is actually really good, especially with Comet. … Oh you have Comet in your list. Mwahahaha.

(I still love Diesel, Comet Trigger, Lucky Find in Draft. Almost as much as Levy, Comet Trigger, Inside Job.)

1 Like

I don’t feel you necessarily need Kate to make it work, in Draft, but Levy is definitely required.

… Why Clonechip/SMC? So you can abuse the massive econ that PPVP provides…? I’d expect Quality Time and Same Old Thing to make a PPVP Draft list before Clone Chip, at least. (SMC makes sense to try and reduce the number of non-event slots. That’s the weakness of PPVP: Events don’t break ICE.)

Regardless, I love Rotisserie drafts. (Oh wow, I spelled that right the first time.)

My opinion is in ppvp Kate, you overdraw a lot to set up your ppvp and money, you don’t want to be forced to install the breakers you draw, or have to play the money because you are holding the breakers. Also without Kate I don’t think the engine can support your econ need, especially on a below average draw.

1 Like

I’ve added a page to the spreadsheet for reporting how certain match-ups felt (we’ve just been playing games whenever, not a tournament structure). I started populating it with my observations so far.

2 Likes

They don’t YET

2 Likes

I think you were correct about how tough it will be for runners to deal with your News Hounds. Without the freedom of the full constructed format to build in good solutions to sentries, runners are left trying to use β€˜normal’ killers to deal them, in which case Shrike and Golden are β€˜pretty good.’

Except runners are also poorer, so breaking multiple sentries with credits is even more difficult.

Yeah so far my corp has been great. I’ve won through Merger being stolen twice now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Mm, you know what goes good with Golden? Unscheduled Maintenance. Just you wait, this is a prediction that card will be used again

Null Draft Deck

Kind of want a second wanton in here for some mups… but couldn’t bring myself to cut 2nd Bhagat. Oh well running with this.

Null: Whistleblower
46 cards
Influence: 15/9 ●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​○​○​○​○​○​○​
Casual play only
Event (10)
3 Forked
3 Knifed
3 Sure Gamble
1 Wanton Destruction
Hardware (4)
2 Net-Ready Eyes ●​●​●​●​
2 Vigil
Program (13)
1 Bishop
3 Crescentus ●​●​●​
3 Mimic
3 Paperclip
3 Yog.0 ○​○​○​
Resource (19)
2 Adjusted Chronotype
2 Bhagat
2 Ice Carver
2 Kati Jones
3 Liberated Account
3 TemΓΌjin Contract ●​●​●​●​●​●​
2 The Turning Wheel ●​●​
3 Wyldside ○​○​○​

1 Like

Deck looks sicknasty. I would not want to face it in this format.

You got some more influence to play with, no?

Yes I have 1 free but the good options to spend it on are taken so rather than force something I’m just going with 14/15.

1 Like

My Lists:

Snake Draft: Val

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (14)
2x Amped Up
3x Blackmail
1x Rebirth ●
3x Rumor Mill
2x Spooned
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (4)
2x Cyberfeeder
2x Turntable

Resource (9)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop ●●●●● ●
3x Drug Dealer ●●●
3x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (3)
3x Faust

Program (20)
3x Cache ●●●
2x D4v1d
3x Djinn
2x Harbinger ●●
2x Imp
2x Medium
3x Parasite
3x Trope

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Blood Money

Snake Draft: Argus

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed

Agenda (14)
3x Corporate War
3x False Lead
3x Hostile Takeover
3x NAPD Contract
2x The Future is Now

Asset (6)
1x Elizabeth Mills
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
2x Snare! ●●●●

Upgrade (3)
3x Prisec

Operation (18)
3x Accelerated Diagnostics ●●●
3x Beanstalk Royalties
1x Big Brother ●
2x BOOM!
3x Hedge Fund
1x Midseason Replacements ●●●●
3x Power Shutdown
1x Stock Buy-Back
1x Subliminal Messaging

Barrier (4)
1x Changeling
3x Ice Wall

Code Gate (2)
2x Enigma

Sentry (2)
2x Archer

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

1 Like

The boldest of moves, in this format that makes sense.

1 Like