Everything, Everywhere (A SYNC Thread)

I’m kinda eyeing -1 resistor, it doesn’t do much before the runner is tagged, and after they are tagged I win a lot faster with Boom than EoI.

I’d also kinda like a Closed Accounts and/or Psychographics, but I’m not sure those are worth the deck slots.

-1 Resistor, +1 Eli 1.0?

no, looking for +1 Archived Memories. AM works wonders with EoI and Boom, so I think it’s a decent improvement.

Elizabeth Mills is a good use of 2 influence - kills NACH & Wyldside, and blanks Val.

1 Like

This is an excellent suggestion, since I know I will see at least 1 Val this weekend (possibly more). The scariest thing to me right now is Val with multiaccess.

I had trouble with passive shapers who locked me down with NACH & Film critic, Val will be a massive problem too, I played one and was lucky they kept hitting archangels buried in RnD to bounce their obelus/multi access pieces.

I also found AM to be an excellent include. So im considering omitting the sansans altogether to fit both.

3 Likes

SYNC turned out to be the correct meta call for Worlds.

The UK testing team* found that SYNC was the top corp vs Whiz (& Val) and in our testing was also the top corp overall (but had much weaker matchups against the rest of the field than CTM). Not only did we find that we were beating Whiz regularly with it, but also our SYNC opponents were regularly beating our best Whiz players with it too!

Now that worlds is over we can divulge the testing information that helped us come to the conclusion that CTM/SYNC were the corps to bring. In the end most of UK brought CTM, however 3 of the team (beyoken, rojazu and lpoulter) took Ben Ni’s SYNC deck which in the aftermath was generally regarded as the best corp deck in the competition, with Ben himself finishing runner up after a heroic run through the lower bracket in the cut. The win rate of Bens deck in testing was actually 84% - its super strong if you are expecting an Anarch meta.

Decklists and how-to-play guides for reference:

*lpoulter, rojazu, evilgaz, emilyspine, bruno, vinegarymink, beyoken, shanondin, seeheartype, echo, swiftie, rotage

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

Ben Ni and I discuss the SYNC deck on his channel… Enjoy!

5 Likes