Everything, Everywhere (A SYNC Thread)

Turnpike vs Data Raven is a bigger deal than you might think. Undoubtedly Raven is more taxing if they’re clearing tags but it does nothing in games where they go tag me. I find that in the tag me games you can Closed Accounts and All Seeing I the runner down to clicking for creds, at which point Turnpike’s encounter effect is thoroughly legit. And I find with Sync every credit counts, so the two rez cost difference is substantial.

Basically I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how good Turnpike is in tag punishment decks. I would include it over Raven in this kind of deck. If your only tag punishment is kill stick with Ravens. Either they’re tagged and dead or they’re not.

2 Likes

Turnpike’s solid, but not a replacement for Raven. It’s a better facecheck, but if they plan on never passing your ravens then you’re winning anyways. The tagging sub is meaningless once it’s getting broken, and raven’s on-encounter is way, way nastier if they want to actually get in.

Btw, it’s not either or. My list is currently a 3-1 split between the two.

1 Like

I find the hardest part of the deck is that 2/3 turns where the runner gives up and starts running with reckless abandon through my ICE. Usually this is the turn after I land a Hard Hitting News and they have fewer than 12 credits or something.

If you can get value out of the Ravens before that, then cool.

Then, hopefully you stabilise, get the mega resistors rezzed and start exchanging those agendas, closing accounts and psycho the Beales.

That’s my latest take and it’s really good. You should all try it :

EOI SYNC post MWL2 Kitty version

SYNC: Everything, Everywhere (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (11)

Asset (3)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (16)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (5)

10 influence spent (max 15, available 5)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

7 Likes

Thanks for the list!

Colour me still not 100% sold on three Kitty over the third GFI! Aren’t you able to pull the win well enough if they’re taking tags anyway? Or is it just punishing those runs through a Data Raven on RnD?

Interesting to see Celeb Gift over the more common Blue Level there, I guess it’s such a strong boost of money and you’re not necessarily digging for something like a Midseasons?

Well, I also made the Blue Level SYNC deck everyone played these last few months :p.
The reasoning on gift over BLC is that with HHN, you actually need more direct cash to be threatening, especially with astroscript being limited to 1.
So instead of using astro threat to score early on, you use HHN instead to rush out GFI / over-advanced beale with the potential of kitty + raven on the remote

Yeah, that was my thinking! I obviously knew you’d be on celeb gift for a reason as you’ve been running BLC for ages.

I’ll definitely give this a shot, I was running Kitties until pretty recently, there’s nothing like them for kicking the runner when they’re down: "It’s an agenda, I’ll st… awwww’

urg i hate how inadequate you make me feel calimsha

I look at this list like “yup, that makes total sense, why am I still playing BLC when there’s no rush aspect anymore.”

this guy <== bad at netrunner

Yea, that’s a solid list.

I’ve been testing a version without psychographics and beales as I feel that I’ve not had any problems winning when the runner goes tag me. It’s been too hard for them to get 7pts when I have EoI and kitties in the deck. The hardest times I’ve had have been when facing shapers who were dedicated to outmoneying me and clearing tags.

Could your agenda suite go: 3 BN, 3 GFI, 3 Kitties, 1 15 mins, 1 Astro?

Yea, that’s what I’m running. On the upside, there’s only 1 agenda that I care about losing. On the downside, the extra influence for the GFI is annoying. Had to cut a sansan in order to fit 2 gifts and an archived memories.

Tried, worse than 2 beale version.
Reasoning : you still want to score out and threatening an agenda win before the runner is setup and Beale is much better for that than more GFI.

Here is a crazy thought - this deck is stronger then the one pre mwl2. Losing 2 Astros hurts, but adding HHN to the mix more then makes up for it.

1 Like

The version pre-MWL2 with HHN was better.

Thanks for posting your version. Im not sure if I like it cause it lacks a bit of the flexibility of the version that I played pre MWL.
Bit its still strong i guess.

So I’ve been having some Good Times with this Sync deck I’m been slowly iterating. It uses Prisec and ice designed to swing the credit advantage to land a HHN. Two popular counters are Employee Strike and Networking, Breaking News can take care of the first and I included a Salem’s Hospitality for the latter.

PriSYNC

Agenda (9)
1x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set) ★★★
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) ●●●
2x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (3)
3x Prisec (Blood Money)

Operation (17)
3x Archived Memories (Core Set) ●●●●● ●
1x Big Brother (Trace Amount)
1x Casting Call (Old Hollywood)
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
1x Exchange of Information (The Liberated Mind)
2x Hard-Hitting News (23 Seconds)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Psychographics (Core Set)
1x Salem’s Hospitality (Salsette Island)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (3)
3x Resistor (Data and Destiny)

Code Gate (5)
2x Archangel (Data and Destiny)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (4)
1x Data Raven (Core Set)
3x Turnpike (Data and Destiny)
9 influence spent (max 15-3★=12, available 3)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

1 Like

Boy, you’re a real crazy guy, you know that?

Also, it’s a shame that famous IAA BN, score BN, Big Brother, EoI combo never took off before Hard Hitting News came out.

How are you managing to out-money any runners that have Temujin Contract (90% of all runner decks these days…)? 3 Sweeps, 3 Hedge, and 3 Pop-ups surely can’t be enough to get an econ edge vs a competent runner pilot.

I’ve been playing the Celeb Gift Sync and even with 2 Gift and 2 Restructure, it’s VERY hard to out-money a runner these days, let alone trap them into a HHN that will stick some tags. I just don’t see this list really working out unless your opponent makes massive blunders.

Since Boom is out now, I’ve tried out a few different decks with it to see what works. I like SYNC with GFI + EoI tricks, as well as BN to set up the unavoidable tags. This list is crudely adapted from a scoring variant that ran 2x Biotic Labor that I swapped for Boom, leaving 2 influence leftover:

Boom Sync

Agenda (11)
1x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set) ★★★
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny)●●
2x Project Beale (Future Proof)
3x Quantum Predictive Model (Data and Destiny)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (2)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)★★

Operation (14)
2x BOOM! i[/i]●●●●● ●
2x Exchange of Information (The Liberated Mind)
2x Hard-Hitting News (23 Seconds)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (3)
3x Resistor (Data and Destiny)

Code Gate (4)
2x Archangel (Data and Destiny)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (7)
2x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)
3x Turnpike (Data and Destiny)
8 influence spent (max 15-5★=10, available 2)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Escalation

For the most part, runners will eventually have to start wearing tags, at which point the game is mostly won. Runners with Networking are very tough to deal with (since the missing Biotic Labors were how I used to set up the BN EoI play). SSCG still works well, and can force some runs through tagging ICE, but is less reliable than Biotic.

I’ve been rushing agendas behind Data Raven, since it is taxing for most runners (essentially costing an extra click and 3c to break), which lets me land the HHN, or they will add the tags themselves. I still don’t see a lot of Plascrete, so Boom has been working well.

I guess the extra 2 influence should probably go to Archived Memories, since that works well with Boom and EoI. To be honest, most games that I have won with Boom could also have been won with EoI, but Boom is certainly faster when it lands.

1 Like

Looks solid. Forgot Sync was 40 card minimum. I might fiddle with the ice to get that Archived Memories in there: -1 Tollbooth or -1 Turnpike?