Everything, Everywhere (A SYNC Thread)

Because Lukas kind of had a deep seated love for NBN and we’re still working through his last set. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Damon is a Jinteki man. And he also is a huge, huge fan of Psi. Gods help us all.

1 Like

Yes. I’m still figuring out what to take to Regionals that doesn’t bore me to tears (hello Museum decks!), and Sync-EoI bullshit is a very close contender. Apart from that one time where I forgot that Resistor, even at strength 11, can still be traced through, it is very strong, and most of all hilarious with a lot of avenues to win.

How viable is insta-forfeiting all your GFIs against SYNC?

It would be really hard to win if you did that. All that’s left is 3x Astro and 3x BN after the GFI’s.

1 Like

I often try to bait the runner into one if I have the combo pieces in hand. Either he gets it or I score it (and swap it a turn later), both are fine. I did score a naked GFI that the runner didn’t run with two Astro tokens too, so the bait doesn’t always work.

If there aren’t enough agendas left in the game for everyone to steal/score then the corp essentially auto-loses due to mill. This is even worse with sync being a 40-card deck. If it had scorch or museum then that might be different.

2 Likes

This. I think ACing GFIs the second you see a tag land is the right play. Your victory condition is “steal three points” if you sac all three

If the corp has a click, he can just trash your singleton AC. And now you looks like a fool if they still have GFI / BN in their deck.

Pack 3x Frame Job, duh

Yeah, definitely not saying it’s good tech; just responding to the given example. better I think to lose your AC then keep it and let SYNC get 3 points.

I feel that’s accurate…
Calimsha’s pointing out that unless you actually sac all 3 of them before they blow up your singleton AC, then you aren’t much better off…

I do think that if you sac all 3 GFI and your win condition becomes ‘get 3 points’ then you could’ve just not sac’d two of the three and still won the normal way? :slight_smile:

You still need to steal 3 GFI and find you artist colony before the corp is at 4 and could score a breaking news. It feels a bit like magical christmas land to me.

2 Likes

yeah, definitely regretting even mentioning the possibility of sac-ing all 3, that hypothetical is definitely not the point. the point is, the corp scoring a gfi is basically game over at any point against any nbn opponent. You are almost always better off burning the agenda and living to fight another day that to sit on your AC and let them FA a 5/3 for the win (which, again, it almost always will be, sooner or later).

that said, it’s pretty shitty tech vs. these types of lists.Keyhole seems like it might be a good angle of attack, though not a lot of archetypes running that these days thanks to museums. Turntable obviously can do a little work as well, especially if they manage to crack your RnD and get to digging with those mediums.

Is Midseasons the right way to go in these Exchange lists? I’m finding in testing that the threats of tags are a lot worse. If I land MS tags, then a lot of my ice (Raven, Turnpike) are now off and the runner suddenly becomes a lot more aggressive.

Without kill or psychobeale as a win condition, giving the runner 10 tags just doesn’t feel that useful when I can make them painstakingly clear single raven tags all game.

This is the reason it’s not as good I think. You don’t really want the runner to go tagme if you aren’t set up yet. I’m not sure how often you could even fire MS succesfully, the EoI list I playis often poorer than every runner who isn’t Noise.

I threw Exchange of Information in my SYNC deck and it’s already proving its worth.

I won a game by scoring two agendas the other day, a Biotic’d Astro and a 15 Minutes. I swapped the 15 Minutes for a GFI and shuffled the 15 Minutes back, later in the game he hit a QPM while tagged and scored another GFI. Archived Memories for the EoI, swap QPM for GFI, good game. Didn’t even need to use the Astro token.

I don’t know how good the all-in on EoI decks will prove to be, especially if you can figure out what they’re doing early (like if you score a Vanity project…). But, it’s another way to quickly close out a game if the runner does go tag me rather than waiting for Psycho/Agenda or whatever. I’ve seen these decks put the runner in a total lose/lose situation; steal and have the agenda swapped (Midseasons or just floating tags from a Raven) or leave it and the corp scores (with an astro token, you can IA a Vanity on a SanSan to score it next turn).

2 Likes

I just won a 42 players Regional with this:

Only thing i missed sometimes was a second virus suite, and maybe more ice.
EoI is so strong.

1 Like

Not having much luck with this post MWL 2

The Kitchen Sync v0.2

SYNC: Everything, Everywhere

Agenda (9)
1x AstroScript Pilot Program
3x Breaking News ☆☆☆
3x Global Food Initiative ●●●
2x Project Beale

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard

Upgrade (6)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite
2x Keegan Lane
3x SanSan City Grid ☆☆☆

Operation (13)
1x Archived Memories ●●
2x Blue Level Clearance ●●●●
1x Closed Accounts
1x Exchange of Information
1x Hard-Hitting News
3x Hedge Fund
1x Psychographics
3x Sweeps Week

Barrier (4)
3x Resistor
1x Wraparound

Code Gate (4)
2x Pop-up Window
2x Quandary

Sentry (5)
1x Data Raven
1x Gutenberg
1x Information Overload
2x Turnpike

9 influence spent (max 15-6☆=9) ●●●●●●●●●
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

The 2 Keegans are the latest attempt, going -1 Eol and no All Seeing I (assuming if I get BN off click 2, I’ll most likely want to Exchange.

Keegan seems like not a great idea if the meta goes back to green. Sometimes I really want to see Hard Hitting News and I don’t, so I might try 2x of that and something else.

But basically, I won a GNK with old SYNC EoI and this new version feels super weak in comparison, to the point that I think I’ll just give it up until I see more Flashpoint cards.

Try Navi Mumbai City Grid if you’re going to use Keegan. Also, I would recommend at least 2 EoI, that card is insane with breaking news. You could consider replacing hard hitting news with 24/7 news cycle, as having 1 of those over hard hitting news seems like you’ll see the card when you need it more, rather than not seeing it soon enough, as its the case for hard hitting news. Just some brain droppings for you

I haven’t played SYNC long but I think Keegan Lane might not be doing what this deck wants to do. Your ice is focused on taxing rather than stopping the runner and blowing up their breakers won’t stop them from walking past a majority of your ice.

I also think that Data Raven should be a 3x in every sync deck. That ice is so efficient it’s silly and 2+ years after the core set, there still is no good way to break it aside from parasite/datasucker. Even Atman at 4 needs 4 credits + a click if they don’t want to go tag me.

1 Like