Exile

I this is the thing I came up with trying to use most of the cards we’re talking about. It’s all in on the Daemons. Too slow for fast advance, but glacier has a hard time coping with this deck’s inevitable ability to get in and stock the cash. It’s also pretty good against jinteki pe, if only for netshield & oracle mae.

Thrasher

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Hardware (2)
2x Omni-Drive (Creation and Control)

Resource (12)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set)
3x Ice Analyzer (Creation and Control)
3x Oracle May (Honor and Profit)[color=#708090] •••[/color]
3x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)

Icebreaker (8)
2x Dagger (Creation and Control)
2x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
2x Sharpshooter (True Colors)
2x Snowball (Trace Amount)

Program (23)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between)[color=#4169E1] •••[/color]
3x Cloak (Creation and Control)
2x Djinn (Core Set)[color=#FF4500] ••••[/color]
1x Keyhole (True Colors)[color=#FF4500] •••[/color]
3x Leprechaun i[/i]
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)[color=#FF4500] ••[/color]
1x Net Shield (Core Set)
3x Sahasrara (Creation and Control)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Spaces Between

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I can’t remember if I had keyhole in that original build but that is my R&D hate card. NBN is always going to be a tough matchup but I’m pretty sure that is the case against all the runners. At least they usually have weak ice that doesn’t destroy my economy. I’m actually worse against glacier decks.

I’m iffy on May as an econ engine, particularly without motivation. With 3 motivations and aesops at least extras are easy marks (again not the best justification for putting a card in the deck). What I think is okay with your use of it is that when it misfires you’re not losing something crucial (I’m guessing that you’re saying program every time?). That said, procontacts is probably overall better. Decks that rig build a lot tend to like casts + pro contacts for their econ/draw engine.

I think you’re remiss to not use corroder over snowball, and cache is just ‘okay’ in kate, given you don’t get the mill out of the deal (this is kind of my opinion). I think you’re better off using the influence elsewhere. Omni and cloak do add some nice recurring econ for runs, but you’re spot on, NBN should chew you up good. I would definitely give it a few plays and see what you find lacking, and adjust. I’d never write off a deck based on first impressions, its always different when it hits the table.

Also, isn’t this an exile thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, but I’m saying, If we’re looking to make something that’s really crazy and using a bunch of the mentioned cards, this is the top of the hill that I’ve found with Ice Analyzer, Sahasrara, Opus & Pawnshop.

It’d be a challenge to make this recursive since you have so many multi types, but if we dropped djinn, oracle may, & keyhole and brought in Pawn, Pro-Con, & Parasite + a bit more shaper recursion I could see it still working. The big thing about oracle may was that it drew the card as well as giving you credits. But, if exile can for free draw a card off the installation of a program, then exile gains a click on this Oracle May variant.

I think I’ll toy with something like that just to see what it can do.

What if you went ahead and added the pawn engine? Problem is it starts to veer towards homeless kasparov :confused:

I like Ice Analyzer in Kate, it synergises well with her ability too. Are the Sacrificial Constructs Aesop’s fodder in the build?

That deck makes my head hurt.

I was looking through some of the past FFG articles and found this one http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4195 talking about the runners released in Creation and Control. It has some pretty cool fluff regarding the different ID’s if you are interested in that kind of thing (which I very much am).

Exile is an identity that is simply a 45/15 shaper with an insignificant ability. As such he is strictly worse than kate. he is better than all non-noise anarchs, and worse than all criminals. He is pretty close in power level to chaos theory, +1 MU vs 1 link and drawing a card after you use clone chip is very close

Insignificant ability? Is NEH’s ability insignificant as well?

1 Like

NEH will make way more servers than Exile will recur cards from his graveyard.
Most shaper decks only have 3 clone chips to reccur parasite, NEH plays 13 cards that will always draw them cards, and also has 3 biotics to make the astro’s and beale also draw cards for them.

The big difference is that creating a server is a common activity, while playing something from the discard isn’t

It wasn’t really a common activity until NEH came along. Before that NBN was using an operation based economy. People adapted their decks to get the most benefit out of NEH’s passive card draw. If you are playing Exile, you should be doing the same ie scavenging femme to move counters or cyber cypher to move it to another server. Clone chip parasites. Scavenging imps to reload them. I can usually get about 7-9 passive card draw a game with Exile.

Baiting but I’ll bite. I am a fan of Exile, but I wouldn’t argue he is better than any Anarch ID currently out.

3 Likes

Of reina/Whizzard/Quetzel what anarch is better than this deck against NEH or RP?
Exile Midrange (45 cards)

Exile: Streethawk

Event (14)
3 Diesel
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Modded
2 Stimhack
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (11)
3 Astrolabe
3 Clone Chip
2 HQ Interface
3 R&D Interface

Resource (7)
3 Daily Casts
2 Kati Jones
2 Personal Workshop

Icebreaker (4)
3 Atman
1 Inti

Program (9)
3 Datasucker
3 Parasite
3 Self-modifying Code

Even though the list only contains 3 clone chips as ways of triggering exile, simply being a 45/15 shaper identity with 1 link is enough on its own to be strong. Identies are vastly overrated IMO, faction is way way more important than Idenity in power level.
My idenity ranking goes

1. Andy
  2. Noise
    3 gabe
    4 Ken
    5 Silouette
    6 Iain? (might be lower)
    7 Kate
    8 Chaos theory
    9 Kit
    10 Nasir
    11 Exile
    12 Whizzard
    13 Quetzal
    14 Reina
    15 The professor

With most decks identitys are pretty minor, the lone exception is noise, Noise gets to be a cut above his own faction, a noise deck is much less an “anarch” deck and much more a “noise milling juice machine” Exile however is another shaper, and can play the exact same deck that a Kate player plays, with the addition of personal workshop since PW is weaker in kate, despite being a very strong card.

I agree with you. I think ID’s are over rated as well. I could be wrong though.

1 Like

That is one controversial rating list. But perhaps let’s move this to another thread? “Ranking the Runners” or something

1 Like

Kate #7?! You crazy, bro?

I bit the bullet today and freed up some influence to put 3x inject. This card seems tailor made for Exile as it speeds up his game substantially which is normally his main drawback. Once Lady comes out I think this deck will be really good. Have any of you guys tried out inject? and if so how have you found it?

Whiz at #12 leaves me hard-pressed to believe you know what you’re talking about. Especially now that NBN is at the top of their game, Weyland has a super-hard-to-trash, super-annoying upgrade (and an identity tailor-made to abuse Adonis), Jinteki is spamming Clinics, Sundews and Ronins left and right, and HB has Eliza to keep their Adonises and Eves company.

p.s. And if we go the whole “IDs are overrated, faction is what matters” route, I’d argue that with the release of Blue Sun, Shapers obviously overtook Criminals as the best runner faction by more than a horse length.

2 Likes

If you only trigger exiles I’d 3 times, quit playing exile. There are 12 cards that trigger it. Play all of them, or at least 9. Otherwise play Kate.

That exile deck makes me sad, it would be 200% better as Kate. Looking over your rankinga I was confused and sure you were wrong, and now seeing how you build around the ID I can see why you value them so oddly.

1 Like