Feeling Blue About Blue Decks

Here is my speculative Perfumeshop build at the moment. I have only one live game with it (crushed a vegan Weyland BABW with it) so I don’t have a clear picture if it is better or worse than the deck @TheBigBoy conceived…

It will take much more playing to know if it does work consitantly. I did not miss Account Siphon at all, clearing 2 tags is too much of a tempo hit. I would rather double High Stakes Gamble and then Vamp the next round.

Gabe Perfume Shop v1.2

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core Set)

Event (19)
1x CBI Raid (Business First)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
1x Feint (Honor and Profit)
1x High-Stakes Job (Kala Ghoda)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Planned Assault (Honor and Profit)
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Vamp (Trace Amount) ••

Hardware (3)
3x Desperado (Core Set) ☆☆☆

Resource (10)
1x Hades Shard (First Contact)
1x Hunting Grounds (Data and Destiny)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
1x Eater (Order and Chaos) •••
2x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (7)
2x Crescentus (A Study in Static)
1x Keyhole (True Colors) •••
2x Pheromones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Business First

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Fortunately for me there is not much RP or Palana in my meta. Your plan is the same as other glacier matchups. Heavy pressure on all servers early game with sec testing, legwork, siphon, emergency shutdown. Once your rdi’s are up, you should be able to levy and let faust carry you through rnd to the finish line. Batty is definitely an issue. Hopefully you can trash it out of centrals. You should be okay if you lose a breaker, as Faust can be a replacement for anything. Levy will return that lost breaker eventually.

The tougher matchup can be Blue Sun as you have no reliable way to break those oversighted high strength multi-sub ice. Try to hold onto your inside job and emergency shutdown in these situations. That it your best bet. I am considering adding a Breach to help deal with this issue. You win this matchup by finding opportunities to make legwork or rdi runs. Keeping pressure on all three centrals is key. That is what will create the occasional opening to attack.

I have not tried Faust Gabe so I can’t compare. I can’t imagine playing this deck without a 9 card hand. It is so important to see your key pieces on turn 1. Gabe is just so sad when it doesn’t see desperado for the first half of the game.

I would also imagine that Gabe is trying to make as many successful HQ runs as possible. My deck does not do that. My deck puts enough early pressure on centrals to force rezzes and keeps corps poor, and then spends the rest of the game waiting for good legwork and siphon opportunities.

Thank you! I don’t think feedback filter is necessary. PE is probably this decks best matchup because drug dealer refills your hand every turn. If you still want feedback filter, I would cut inti and play breach. Desperado is just too good!

There is no better feeling than account siphoning PE down to 0 credits and then running and trashing their traps. That alone makes crim the best against PE.

SuckerStealth Andy

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (17)

Hardware (10)

Resource (10)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (2)

11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Chrome City

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I’ve been playing this list for a couple of time now and even though the NEH matchup is a bit shaky, I feel the Palana/HB matchup has been a huge blast. This deck totally wreck slower deck tuned to beat Dumblefork/Noise/Shaper. Not even funny to shit over all HB and Palana ICEs.

3 Likes

Without the traditional cloak support, only 5 stealth pieces seems a bit shakey to handle double-stacked medium-to-high strength sentries somewhere. Inside job and datasuckers help for sure, but … So a few questions:

• would a mongoose be better than second switchblade?
  • is the 3rd sec testing worth the loss of extra ghost runner?

HB sentries are clickable.
Jinteki sentries are low str.
Archer is problematic, but then Emergency Shutdown exist.
NBN Sent… Ok, those are jokes.
Trace can be paid for Assassin.

Also, how many sentries are actually played in current decks ? Answer: Not enough to warrant more stealth creds.

So nope, and nope.

I guess the datasucker tokens double as stealth creds in a way, since they can def lower some of the lower str sentries to 0 anyway. But yeah I know what wiley is afraid of, sometimes you have ichi 1.0, assassin, and vikram on the same server, and it can get taxing. I do like the list that you posted, though it’s not like it’s new, the whole yog and datasucker thing is what people did after switchblade lists came out way back. I still like my refractor better but I think both versions are fine

Isn’t for the PE MU, but for IG archive and other junk play. Andy deck have long story and many successful deck play with only 2 desperado.

I added a +1 data dealer -1 legwork. to counter 15 mins, news team and shy kyu. Isn’t really necessary, but most of the time accelerate the victory.

That’s something i’ve been tweaking out a year and half ago, before diving into PPVP. I was mainly wondering if this kind of list could still hold the current post mwl / mumba metagame and surprisingly, the answer seems to be yes.

So, let’s figure this out. There have been a few decks on NetrunnerDB sporting Gang Sign tech in Leela, and I’ve been following people’s research on this topic for a while. There tension in these decks, as you’ve noticed, is remote lock and getting the Gang Sign stuff down.

First, what we need to make this work: all 3 Gang Signs, all three HQI. After messing around and reading other people’s experiences, I’m convinced this is mandatory. You need them all as early as possible, and by building your deck around these pieces you can be a lot stronger than slotting in three Gang Signs and hoping for the best.

We have no way to tutor them, so we’re going to be clicking to draw. I’d actually seriously consider the Career Fair/Earthrise/Daily Casts engine here. We really want to draw cards, we need a lot of money to present a credible threat on the remote. Express Delivery doesn’t draw cards, but it does find us those early Gang Signs and HQIs we need to install, preferably before the corp has scored a single agenda.

The next thing we want are Inside Job. These are important for remote busting early, and combine well with the interfaces. Inside Job on HQ with 1-2 HQI is a fine play - even with Gang Sign out (see below).

There’s not enough money, but we can add good cards. You will have runs you have to make - open servers, SanSans to trash, Jacksons to force -so I see no reason not to add Dirty Laundry to the mix, and asset spam isn’t go anywhere, so Bank Job is a fine include.

There’s not enough draw, but draw isn’t the only solution. Express Delivery or Mr Li can add dig power to find those Gang Signs faster - it’s not draw, but it does pull you through your deck faster, which is really want we want here.

You have to drop the Desperado/Sec Testing to make room for all this, which is maybe for the best - you want Sneakdoor (powerful with HQI and Leela), so Archives is best left without ice, and you don’t really want to force rezzes early because Leela’s bounce is so potent. You aren’t going to be running too much outside of your power turns, and the glacier matchup freezes out Desperado/Sec Testing anyway. Early poking of HQ while you have Siphons and breakers is still sensible, particularly if the corp can’t rez anything big.

That leaves you with a ton of influence to spend on things like Turntable, Indexing, Medium, Keyhole, CyCy, other good breakers, DDOS, etc. Some people went Faust/DLR/Drug Dealer (e.g. Spags deck).

Those are my thoughts. I’ve been happy enough with Kati as my backup engine once I’ve got things rolling.

The biggest thing I’ve learned about the Gang Sign tech is that you still want to be attacking HQ hard, ideally with HQI. Your Gang Sign tech will rarely get all the agendas, and the corp scoring is a horrible thing you want to avoid even if it triggers them. It’s way better to focus on the server you are have built yourself to deal with (HQI) and can split the ice on (Sneakdoor). Hitting R&D is almost counter-productive anyway, as those agendas are easier to find in HQ, and it’s way more efficient to find them there!

The other thing I learned about Gang Sign is that agendas end up hiding in weird places.

On the note of HQ being more efficient than R&D - consider Fisk Investment Seminar. But it’s not a strong card. It’s quite situational, and it’s hard to justify more than 1.

I’d be interested in seeing if you buy these arguments and where it takes you. I’d steer clear of Au Revoir and Snitch - the setup time seems counterproductive to a deck that at its core is still quite aggressive in an opportunistic way.

6 Likes

Most recent iteration… Dropped the Sneakdoor, Box-E, Au Revoir+Snitch, went back to Desperado/SecTest. It’s really quite annoying: I can use two cards to get the same results that four cards can, without MU issues. Both economic engines are powerful, but it’s just so much easier to setup the Desperado one. The only actual problem is that it just folds to Glacier 100%. It does seem like there’s going to be a bunch of asset spam decks this season, though.

Currently I’ve been using the buckets of influence I have available for Really Efficient Breakers, and The Source/Lovegood. The idea is to choke out the agendas, force them to slow down to my pace. It works against NEH, but not HB. So far, it seems like the deck works very well if you’re dictating the pace and the corp doesn’t like it. But for a Glacier deck, they love a slow pace and do it much better than you do.

To that end, I’m now looking at Stealth breakers, much as Calimsha mentioned above.

I’ll see what happens if I go to CF/DC/Earthrise + Stealth. It should give me enough card draw, and the Stealth should work against the Glacier decks… I definitely feel that Leela doesn’t run Often, but her runs come in bursts. That said, I’m sticking with Desperado/SecTest because I can’t find a better engine. Easiest to set up for the best conversion rate. Au Revoir/Snitch I’ll have to revisit after Reflections is a console.

1 Like

I’ve actually pondered Doppelgange for this reason; no joke.

You run out of card slots with Gang Sign.

So holy crap, Calimsha’s stealth breaker suite is amazingly robust. I’m able to lock remotes now.

I did have to cut CF/DC. I determined that I didn’t need econ as much with Desperado/SecTest and Laundry, but I still needed card draw.

I only tested it quickly once, but it actually felt pretty good. It was against a Palana that didn’t get to stick an Agroplex, and that was trying to net/brain damage kill, so I can’t say it’s actually Good yet, but I didn’t have the feeling of missing parts or something missing that I did in previous iterations.

I’m going to keep working on it because right now it’s very fragile, with only one of each breaker and no way to get them back.

Here’s the Stealth version: Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB (Also known as: Please god don’t let Batty/Keegan near this.)

And the version I was on before going to Stealth: Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB (Never actually got Source + Lovegood out at the same time; usually Source just slowed the opponent down long enough for me to get Gang Sign+HQI online.)

I actually had almost the same list for Stealth, though I didn’t have HQI (I was still learning), and was working with Refractor (no Cloaks). NRE is cool.

The Batty/Keegan issue is real - you really do need a Breach/Passport/Switchblade backup set of breakers. Random net damage from Snare! or something can hose you too, and I have not found the pressure you put on ice rezzes to be helpful with Leela. Frustratingly, I suspect a straight swap to Andromeda might do a lot better (and that lets you swap at least one Earthrise for much needed Bank Jobs). I think we can do better and more consistent than Stealth.

Thought - if you’re locking HQ, consider the Corporate Scandal/Blackmail combo. Combine with Drive By/PolOp/gun to deal with Caprice and Ash, maybe a Shutdown if they happen to get ice rezzed on the remote somehow. Remote pressure is thus free!

1 Like

When Political Operative hits, something like that may well be real. The Op is good enough to slot in this sort of thing just to deal with Jackson.

Just won the Camebridge regionals with this runner. Previous iterations have taken 1st and 2nd at two different store championships this season. Hope you all enjoy!

2 Likes

congrats, looks strong. I tried one of your versions at some stage but drug dealer is a card I don’t really know how to play well. I’ll likely run my stealth andy deck at regionals but will make room for a feedback filter and a film critic I think, as I actually expect to see some IG, some argus, some PE etc. Did you encounter any damage decks? EDIT: I just saw the Levy actually, don’t mind me