Feeling Blue About Blue Decks

Given Criminal decks complete lack of draw ability, surely there’s something to consider with Earthrise Hotel? I think if you can justify 2 more >=3 cost resources, it’s looking like a really good card.

1 Like

Generally, if the card isn’t strong enough to go in the deck without Career Fair, then a deck with a package of Career Fair + Earthrise probably isn’t better than a deck without that package.

I guess I’m personally not a fan of Earthrise in Criminal decks, and there are a lot of reasons I feel like it isn’t seeing much play, but however you feel about Earthrise, I’m sure we can all agree that it pales in comparison to the Resources that Anarchs are pumping out in its stead.

Career Fair’s a great card when it’s paired with Resources that are also great. Criminal, sadly, doesn’t have those, currently (and even if it did, they’re less strong than they’d be in Anarch because Criminal has Siphon).

2 Likes

Totally on this.Career Fair with Earthrise itself takes up basically 5-6 slots,and I’m not really impressed by the performance of Earthrise in my Leela deck before.I’m still using Symmetrical Visage,not a draw machine actually,but it smooth the deck function.Without Career Fair it’s 1 click 4 credit hit on my Leela (which is huge no matter what situation you are in) and if you have to wait for Career Fair,then I don’t think it worth the slots.I’m sure Earthrise is not a bad card,just not right card in my deck.

Leela and Ken took 2nd/3rd after swiss at a 34 player SC in South London today - don’t sleep on crim!

2 Likes

My andy list just took 2nd at 42 person tournament. It’s a fun deck. Try it out and let me know your thoughts.

1 Like

So the reaction to Dumblefork has Corps packing their decks with more and more face-check punishment. Huge sentries like Assassin, Vikram, Ichi, and even Orion are everywhere. The time has come to unveil my master-plan:

Stealth Andy (45 cards)

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (16)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Inside Job
2 Legwork
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (10)
3 Desperado
2 Plascrete Carapace
2 R&D Interface ••••
3 Silencer

Resource (10)
2 Earthrise Hotel
3 Ghost Runner
2 John Masanori
3 Security Testing

Icebreaker (7)
1 Breach
1 Corroder ••
1 Passport
1 Refractor ••
3 Switchblade

Program (2)
2 Cloak ••••

Long overdue inspiration goes to @Matuszczak. After playing against his Stealth Andy in the SHL6 Finals this deck has been very much on my radar and I think now is a great time for it. All of the decks that are good against this get absolutely DESTROYED by Dumblefork, so if you’re meta is teched out with Mills, Assassins and Rainbows and the Blue Suns have left their big barriers at home, slice them up with Switchblade :smile:

Hopefully @bblum takes this in good taste, but the boardstate, chatbox, and scoreboard of this game say everything there is to say about why I love this deck right now.

I’ve been getting great results with this on Jnet and locally, despite having absolutely no experience with this archetype or play-style.

I’m currently testing HQI vs. Legwork and it’s really hard to tell which is better right now. Thoughts?

5 Likes

After testing Stealth Gabe extensivly about a month ago with above average results, I would definatly go with HQI. I think Stealth Gabe (or maybe even Silhouette, @Kelfecil won a nationals with that I think) is a better deck overall, but that argument is for a different day. The HQI lets you capitalize on the Stealth suite by pounding HQ every turn, and being able to get information and force Jacksons off the board just by having a card installed is amazing.

Hmmmm, I didn’t even consider Gabe. I felt like when I get a bad 9 as Andy the game is really hard and starting with 5 would only make this problem worse. Any differences in your list?

Also, Link vs Caduceus is so good.

1 Like

I’ve been considering going to Andy Stealth, too. Your endorsement may be the last push I needed. I’ve always assumed it was difficult to play; then again I think that about every archetype I’ve never played, but seem to be fine once I actually pick something up and play it.

Alright! Question, what about NBN FA?

er seems like a strange person to credit with the deck? I have been playing this list since regionals last year (well I played prepaid kate with proco at 2015 nats but that was a good choice) and pretty sure all stealth lists are still based on Dan’s original ideas. (EDIT: Now that I think about it, I played stealth andy at store champs last year, and also in the stimhack store champ invitationals last year)

My list is identical to the one listed except that I play a symmetrical in place of the second masanori, a couple of daily casts and one career fair (could be a third dirty laundry instead) rather than the passport and second plascrete, and I play 1 faerie and two switchblade rather than 3 switch. All about improving opening hands, and the deck does well v all glacier decks atm, and just needs to be played well and with some luck v NEH FA (early RDI and early HQ pressure can help a lot, Architect having disappeared from NEH decks has helped a lot). Ah I do also play one bank job in place of the third security testing, as a lot of my meta is corp decks that shore up every server quickly, mildly reducing the impact of that one security test over a bank job

I will likely play stealth andy at my sc and think it’ll go fine. RE: the HQI v legwork, after a fair bit of testing I went back to legwork. Once your rig is up and you have money and an RDI you can put so much pressure on R&D and remotes that single access runs on HQ are usually good, and legworks often seal the deal, as long as you have a good feeling for when agendas should be getting suck in there. The nice thing is that you can play legworks early in the game without sacrificing much tempo, whereas an early HQI almost always feels like a bad idea. TLDR Legwork is always good, HQI can feel cumbersome

I didn’t mean to give credit for the deck. Since I didn’t know the original creator I just cited the most successful pilot I’ve actually played against myself.

1 Like

If I remember correctly Dan’s old list had 3 Faeries and 2 Corroders. It looked very much like the standard Sucker Andy with Cloaks and Silencers instead of one of each Breaker suite. Also he built the deck after played against a runner deck with a Switchblade suite while he played Sentry RP at the time on octgn. Later he would go on to build the Code Gate RP deck with 2 Tollbooths as a counter to Stealth.

This list is Matus’s plus a Breach and a Passport because of natural draw improvement as well as having back up breakers vs Batty and Keegan. Or so I was told anyway.

Also a fun build I once found on netrunnerdb was a Stealth Andy deck with Levy and QT. It also only had 1 of each breaker. It was very cute. The idea behind levy was to rebuy your Ghost Runners and Account Siphons, in case 5 Account Siphons wasnt enough for anybody. It could also repair destroyed breakers too.

I too associate Stealth Andy with @Matuszczak

1 Like

Yeah I always thought the 9 card hand was a bit over hyped for stealth rigs, and the ability to run HQ, get money, and 2-3 accesses with HQI really good. Its kind of the same principle as perfumeshop, where you spend “fake” credits to get real credits, except this time you get accesses as well. My list is a little out of date for the current meta, would need some tweaking to get it right.

Stealth for the Professional

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core Set)

Event (12)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Express Delivery (Honor and Profit)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (10)
2x Desperado (Core Set) ☆☆
2x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) ••••
3x Silencer (Double Time)

Resource (15)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
2x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
1x Corroder (Core Set)••
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
1x Refractor (First Contact) ••
2x Switchblade (Up and Over)

Program (2)
2x Cloak (Creation and Control) ••••
13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

My buddy has been testing this list online for a while now and has been finding decent success with Exclusive Party instead of Delivery + Visage. I’m skeptical, but have yet to try it out. The deck is fun to play, it just can have a bad NBN matchup, as it is a tad slower than Andy.

Showing stealth rigs dominate a glacier isn’t convincing me of much. How do you keep up with silly yellow FA decks. The ones that can beat Faustcakes.

2 Likes

Little Engine is pretty good against Faust (he either can’t break it or he’s got enough money as it is). Little Engine is also good against Refractor (2 stealth credits to break), especially since yellow can slap Archangel or Tollbooth on the same server.

Choo choo?

2 Likes

I had a good amount of success with Leela running just the Refractor part of the suite. I think it’s the best option for Crim code gate problems. I didn’t even run Cloak, opting for Datasucker support and Passport to prolong Ghost Runner.

I found the Switchblade set up way too slow against NEH. Too many dead draws and bits and pieces.

You deal with Yellow the same way Crim dealt with NEH two years ago. You set up Desperado, Sec Testing and John Mass and you just disrupt them until you can find ways to make them bleed.

The lovely part of this plan is that you dont always need your full breaker suite and you especially dont fear Architect anymore as you faceplant into EtRs and Pop Ups. If that answers your question as to how a Crim deck with a Stealtg rig sets up against NEH.

I always found Stealth Andy to be a really favorable matchup for NEH, because after outlasting the second Siphon you could basically win while they set up. That said, that was in the 3 Eli 3 Architect days so it could be different now.