Feeling down about Netrunner

Nope! Game over, man.

3 Likes

Notorious B.A.G. is a super legit runner deck. Not even kidding.

4 Likes

I am pleased my jank was enjoyable for us both.

1 Like

I feel like the mechanics are becoming increasingly gonzo as FFG is forced to find new cards to print (hosting facedown, installing facedown as runner). The player who has the most hidden information got flipped, turned upside down.

(Aside: Any League of Legends players here? Iā€™m noticing the same effect there: Riot reworks old champions and gives them totally unique mechanics in the name of differentiation.)

Also, the pace of card releases is pretty nuts. Iā€™d love to see data packs slow down to the 1.5-2.5 month range to give people time to explore everything. Set rotation is not nearly aggressive enough to keep the buy-in cost manageable for new players, either. I think it shouldā€™ve been two or possibly four cycles in play at once, tops.

Iā€™m seriously considering turning my collection into a stimhack cube and just drafting, because keeping pace with constructed is overwhelming. Thereā€™s so much neat stuff in D&D that will make the cube quite interesting.

4 Likes

I got completely blown out by that card (Back Channels) this evening. All 3 pt Jinteki mushining and advancing overwiters with punitive to back things up.

With things like this, Holywood Grid, Faust etc I dontā€™t think the card pools ever been so alive. Thereā€™s also nothing to stop you running any of the old decks that have just gone out of fashion for some reason ( eg Caissa, Untrashable, Cambridge ā€¦)

I do agree about the double spoiler on the next two packs being a shame, but I guess itā€™s usefull with worlds incoming.

4 Likes

One of the things Iā€™ve found is there are a lot of different ways to play netrunner, and it helps to switch it up when youā€™re getting bored. This isnā€™t just playing different decks, but having a different outlook in what youā€™re trying to do.

You can try to build new decks at the cutting edge of cards being released. You can try to make old stuff cards work. You can play silly jank. You can try out new hot decks other people have come up with. You can try and become better with good decks you already play.

Some of the most fun Iā€™ve had recently playing netrunner is with 24/7 philotic. Iā€™ve also enjoyed refining a new spark deck. And playing good old reg-ass maxx. So switch it up. Try something new or old

7 Likes

hahaha, thatā€™s evil!

As the Geist player hereā€¦ I had already burned all my Econ Trashing other stuff, spending a full 1.25 turns to blow up the root when he already had unlimited money seemed unproductive.

Leg worked the takeover out of hand for the win!!!we

2 Likes

Pictures like this are fine but this isnā€™t a real game of Netrunner. ;D

Same boat. Back to chess and Twilight Struggle. Once it became clear I wouldnā€™t be going to worlds this year I lost motivation, ended up shelving ANR. Its time will come again, however.

Iā€™ve been playing a fanmade sealed format lately.

Very refreshing though this project is still in the balancing phase.

1 Like

Iā€™m on a Blue Sun flavor of the old Uncorrodible deck from Spin. Running Wisp 2x + Power Shutdown 3x and a ton of Destroyer ICE. Even with Shaper BS, it can put a ton of pressure on the runner to find the right stuff before I score out. 1x Biotic, 1x Midseason, some SEA/Scorchā€¦ It is effective, and I can post a list if interested.

My point, I guess, is that this is no longer considered a top tier deck. Therefore people donā€™t expect it, and I win because of that. There are a ton of decks right now like thatā€¦ Just gotta find your jank.

3 Likes

I tried it over the weekend with a friend and yeah, there needs to be more testing to see what cards need to be in there because I got completely hosed with breakers and it ended up costing me like at least 4-6 to get through any of my opponents ice. Iā€™ll definitely try it again once it matures a bit.

Now that there is a local tournament coming up, and Iā€™m actively testing for worlds, Iā€™m happy again. I guess I only cared about one of my three points :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We are having thinks about this on R4G - that is coming from oldschool CCG NR french players, Salem (Qasu maker) and Wormhole Surfer (R4G webmaster).

What I know is some guys said ā€œIā€™ve been playing cards I did not even remember aboutā€, that is one of their many goals :slight_smile:

They are organising an omnileague, right now.