Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

Sure thing man! It is always cool when someone is interested. You can take out the red cards (snare, junebug), for more purple transactions (green level, lateral) to get back to its roots. They have been a big help though. Executive boot camp and Dedication Ceremony are similarly silver bullets, and can become Beanstalk/Ice if you are trying to streamline.

2 Hostile Takeover
3 Spiderweb
2 Enigma
3 Restructure
1 Executive Boot Camp
2 Hollywood Renovation
2 Hadrian’s Wall
2 Fire Wall
3 Oaktown Renovation
2 Lateral Growth
2 Beanstalk Royalties
3 Project Atlas
2 Green Level Clearance
1 Dedication Ceremony
3 Mumbad Construction Co.
2 SEA Source
3 Bastion
3 Scorched Earth
1 Cobra
1 Snare!
2 Jackson Howard
1 Project Junebug
3 Hedge Fund

Basically you get your money from transactions, gotta then run for it. Scorch em if you got em.

HHN is what won me one flatline game and almost won me one against Spags. After the early game it’s a dead card, but it’s very good early. With False Lead it allows you to land Traffic Accident (and soon Boom!) guaranteed.

The DLR matchup is good enough that I don’t see the need for All-Seeing I, and honestly I would cut Jackson out of the deck if I continued playing it. He was never useful.

Subcontract is to help you compress kills out of Consulting Visit, as well as pulling kills through Sports Hopper.

Future Meta Calls for Weyland.

Advanceable Traps with BoN. No Jacksons, use currents. Figure out Econ on your own.

(will edit as comments come in.)

This thread shouldn’t be as dead as it is. Sure we’re gonna encounter a post-Jackson meta at some point, but doesn’t mean we shouldn’t prepare beforehand.

Destroyer of Worlds (extreme Silly)

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations

Agenda (11)
3x Hostile Takeover
3x Oaktown Renovation
3x Project Atlas
2x The Cleaners

Asset (11)
2x Jackson Howard ●●
1x Levy University
3x PAD Campaign
1x PAD Factory ○○
3x Tech Startup
1x Zealous Judge

Upgrade (3)
3x Prisec

Operation (12)
2x Beanstalk Royalties
1x BOOM!
1x Exchange of Information ●●
3x Hedge Fund
2x Paywall Implementation
3x Scorched Earth

Barrier (6)
3x Ice Wall
1x Meru Mati
2x Spiderweb

Code Gate (1)
1x Wormhole

Sentry (5)
3x Data Raven ●●●●● ●
2x Shadow

10 influence spent (max 12, available 2)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

I’m currently on Punitive BON (also with scorch) and am really enjoying it. The smaller deck size is very handy for finding peices early.

I derped really hard earlier and lost a game I could have won. Unrezzed Judge behind ice. Scorch and Consulting Visit in hand. I landed a Hard Hitting News and FORGOT TO REZ THE JUDGE. You know why? Because I’ve never had a Judge live long enough to pull that off before. I was quite astonished.

Nothing special about the Argus list I’m playing these days but it comes as close as I can think of to updating that good stuff Seamusmodernism for Flashpoint.

Argus

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (12)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (16)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (4)

Other (1)

13 influence spent (max 15, available 2)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Liquidation belongs to the large set of weirdo Weyland cards that are actually extremely powerful but demand a very specific combo deck to utilize effectively. I actually think a lot of cards are pushing Weyland flatline in the direction of more sophisticated Power Shutdown combos, e.g.

• click 1 install Jackson
  • click 2 Power Shutdown your whole deck
  • shuffle back Midseasons, Liquidation, BOOM!
  • click 3 Accelerated Diagnostics, win while trashing your entire board state, the most Weyland way to win possible

A lot needs to go right, including having three combo pieces in hand & the runner stealing an agenda, but it’s perhaps less far-fetched than many other flatline combos, particularly out of Titan where I think this belongs. Subcontract is another niche but intriguing piece here since it allows you to play cards in HQ in your AD pile at increased efficiency.

It’s a thing. People have done Shutdown Scorched combos before (some great Metropole Grid videos with them), maybe we need to be taking them more seriously.

4 Likes

The problem with Dedication Ceremony to turn on advanceable ICE is you’re counting on the runner faceplanting rezzed ICE. If they’re doing that, you’re probably winning anyways. Terrible as it is, the bad advanceable ICE of past cycles like Woodcutter & Tyrant are actually better with DC than Mausolus because they become more taxing. I don’t think triple-advanced Mausolus subroutines will ever fire against competent runners.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I don’t think I’m buying it. When BOOM! actually does arrive, NBN will be able to the Diagnostics-BOOM combo far more effectively. They even get to double BOOM, thus shredding all but the most hardened damage protection.

Diag into 24/7 (Breaking News) / BOOM x2 is far more consistent than any Weyland Diagnostics attempt - doesn’t require economic superiority (particularly difficult to achieve with Temujin and Beth around); twice the damage; much easier to assemble the combo with NBN’s far superior draw.

Oh, NBN will definitely be better at it. But it’ll still be a thing Weyland can do, look on the bright side!

1 Like

Here is hoping that Weyland gets some card that lets them land a double tag that isn’t garbage ice… Double tagging seems to be a “Weyland” thing.

1 Like

2x NACH will be the plascrete of the post BOOM! meta.

Weyland has a wonderful NACH counter in faction at least.

I get so upset when Lizzie breaks buildings, the bad pub makes her go into hiding.

Here’s my current pet project:

Butchershop Titan

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (11)

Asset (13)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (7)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

15 influence spent (max 17-2★=15, available 0)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Scorch is hard. Tags and traces are everywhere and so are their counters. Temujin is everywhere, so runners are richer than you. Who needs Scorch though when you can do 5 meat damage off a Prisec and DRTs?

Atlas train is the obvious path to victory. Go fast and spam assets. Force the runner to waste their time checking remotes. Tempt them with Merger, then surprise them with Prisec, Snare and DRT. If they are timid of running remotes, sneak out a 3/2 (you’ve got 5 of them). Play mind games. Fast track a Merger, install Snare on SanSan and install DRT in remote.

May be a dumb idea. Needs tweaking. Go ahead and tear it apart, I’m looking for critique.

Are the DRT specifically for when they hit prisec? Do you rez them if they’re just running R&D and hope that they hit a snare?

I’ve been asking myself the same thing. Prisec doesn’t trigger in RND so with only two snare… I don’t know. I think it’s situational and board state dependant. If both Snares are in RND halfway through game and they Makers, sure rez em. If there is a Snare in hand and only single access…meh. But even just rezzing on a single access forces them to slow down and possibly spend time going to trash them.

Also you can protect a DRT with a Prisec. :wink: that’s always fun

If SanSan ever comes off the MWL, I would consider a Data Raven. Mausolus will probably be really good for this deck. But what Weyland deck won’t be better with Maus?

Thought I’d throw a deck out here. I’ve been actually having success with this. I… I’m not 100% sure how/why this list works (if I saw this list on NRDB I’d scoff and say “hah what trash”), but it is working. I nearly 100% of the time kill. I haven’t even been playing with BOOM! since it’s not out yet, this is all with Scorched (though there are a couple of games that I could have won if BOOM! was in the deck, but ended up losing because it’s not).

I think it’s due to the monetary pressure you can put on a runner, even with Temujin out. Between Profiteering, Hostile Takeover, and Stock Buy-Back. SBB can get you a ton of money, and they have synergies with News Team!

Offense is the Best Defense

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (15)
1x Chronos Project (First Contact)
3x False Lead (A Study in Static)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Profiteering (Second Thoughts)
2x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (7)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ●●●
1x News Team (Data and Destiny) ●●
1x Snare! (Core Set) ●●
2x Zealous Judge (Fear the Masses)

Upgrade (3)
3x Prisec (Blood Money)

Operation (13)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set) ●●
1x BOOM! i[/i]
3x Consulting Visit (The Liberated Mind)
1x Hard-Hitting News (23 Seconds) ●●
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
2x Stock Buy-Back (23 Seconds)

Barrier (5)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set)
1x Meru Mati (Breaker Bay)
2x Spiderweb (The Underway)

Code Gate (2)
2x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (4)
2x Archer (Core Set)
2x Data Raven (Core Set) ●●●●
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

This list is actually slightly altered from what I had been playing. It represents -1 Stock Buy-Back, -1 News Team, +1 Zealous Judge, +Data Raven compared to my older list, and I think this is better but I haven’t actually played it since making those two changes. Still not 100% sold on the Snare! in the face of News Team…

False Leads is basically your win condition. Score it early!

Archived Memories is MVP of this deck. So many times I’ve won on Scorch - Archive - Scorch. It’s also there for BOOM!, in the event that gets trashed, and for HHN if that’s already been used once (however, if HHN has been used you’ve hopefully won).

I’ve been surprised by how effective Zealous Judge has been. It makes HHN actually have teeth if the Runner has the 8 credits to clear, and can be quite taxing for them to deal with.

I’d love to include 1x Subcontract, now that I saw it in another list and remember it exists. I’d have to figure out what to replace. Possibly -1 Zealous Judge for the spot.

4 Likes

This is the build I’ve been playing with. It’s fun. but it suffers from the usual Weyland problems, most notably ICE:

Agenda (13)
1 Corporate Sales Team
3 False Lead
3 Hostile Takeover
3 Oaktown Renovation
3 Project Atlas

Asset (13)
3 Dedicated Response Team
3 Jackson Howard ●​●​●​
2 Public Support
3 Snare! ●​●​●​●​●​●​
2 Zealous Judge

ICE (11)
2 Archer
3 Bailiff
1 Cobra
3 Data Raven ●​●​●​●​●​●​
2 Quandary

Operation (9)
3 Beanstalk Royalties
3 Hedge Fund
3 Scorched Earth

Upgrade (3)
3 Prisec

Prisec makes both Dedicated Response Team and Zealous Judge far more playable than they ever were and situations in which the former fires are easy to come by between Argus’ ability, Snare!, Data Raven and Prisec itself.

Notably, this deck has no SEA Source, HHN or any other “traditional” tagging mechanisms. You are not going to win a trace against Temujin-fueled decks and you don’t even need to, just using False Lead and stacking Prisecs is enough.

Sadly, while at first I thought it could be polished into a T1 deck, I don’t think it’s possible with the current Weyland card pool. It can beat most Shaper, Anarch and Criminal decks, but some just steamrol.There’s simply not enought ICE to protect your assets and you end up putting your DRTs behind Quandary, which is not okay.

Things will change with Mausolus, I guess.

1 Like

Nice to see someone playing nearly the exact same deck as me and coming to the same conclusion (-2 PS +2 enigma). I’ve given up on traces out of Argus for the same reasons.

I’m hoping for something other than just Mausolus to pick up Weyland a bit.

2 Likes