Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

New Focus - 2 Bailiff, 2 (2 inf code gate, DNA Tracker not feasible), 2 Hadrian’s. Adding the tax to the ICE prevents Temujin meltdown. Current build utilizes 3 Tollbooth and will cut 1 to add 3rd if Snare is required.

1 Like

@Ulkrond how is the testing going. What does the list look like

1 Like

Dark Souls

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Agenda (6)
1x Government Contracts
1x Government Takeover
1x Hades Fragment
3x High-Risk Investment

Asset (8)
1x Cerebral Overwriter ●●
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
2x Project Junebug ●●
2x Snare! ●●●●

Upgrade (2)
2x Prisec

Operation (18)
2x Consulting Visit
3x Hedge Fund
1x Housekeeping
3x Oversight AI
3x Punitive Counterstrike
2x Restructure
3x Scorched Earth
1x SEA Source ●●

Barrier (9)
2x Bailiff
3x Curtain Wall
2x Hive
2x Spiderweb

Code Gate (1)
1x Tollbooth ●●

Sentry (4)
2x Errand Boy
2x Taurus

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

2 Likes

Glee for Slee!

I am definitely pumped; I think she’ll be suprisingly good. It would be interesting to hear others opinions about using her, I’m currently thinking about Gagarin with Tour Guides and Hives and maybe some sort of tempo scoring plan based on forcing them to keep drawn up / trash her. I can finally sleeve up He3 Deposit!

1 Like

She is certainly going in my old Gagarin shell that I was playing. Total Recall is back baby!

Maybe it’s time to bust out the Corporate Troubleshooters/IT Departments/Sandbergs again for surprise swings of ICE strength that might cause the runner to bounce on a run?

2 Likes

I’ve actually never played asset spam… But Chief Slee made me want to use Hive and Tourguide and similar nonsense. Based off of Low Orbit Ion Cannon. Mills = Slee

Orbital Railgun

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon

Agenda (10)
2x Corporate Sales Team
2x Global Food Initiative ●●
1x Helium-3 Deposit
2x Oaktown Renovation
3x Project Atlas

Asset (24)
3x Bio-Ethics Association ●●●●● ●
2x Commercial Bankers Group
1x Docklands Crackdown
1x Elizabeth Mills
2x Executive Boot Camp
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
2x Mumba Temple ★★ ○○○○
2x Mumbad City Hall
3x Museum of History ○○○○○ ○
3x PAD Campaign
2x Tech Startup

Operation (8)
2x Consulting Visit
2x Hedge Fund
3x Scorched Earth
1x Hard Hitting News

Barrier (7)
2x Bailiff
2x Hive
3x Spiderweb

Code Gate (2)
2x Datapike

Sentry (3)
3x Tour Guide

13 influence spent (max 15-2★=13, available 0)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

points to stands” will be taking Weyland to victory this weekend at my SC.

5 Likes

Can the Sultan of Swat bring home the big W?

1 Like

Been playing a lot of Blue Slee recently. I’m loving it - Blue Sun flexibility at its finest - but I don’t know that I’ll take it to my first round of SCs, though. Having trouble balancing the threats in a way that is consistent enough to feel good. Most of my wins come from rushing or getting a perfect Slee storm. Often find myself able to set up a partial Slee charge, but not have enough ICE to also score under that threat. You could put more ICE over Slee to open a window after they trash it, but you can’t force them to run before they’re ready. Then you’re stuck with ICE stuck over Slee if you find another piece to score with. If Weyland’s version of Full Immersion RecStudio had been able to hold agendas, we’d maybe be on to something.

Upcoming testing docket includes Inazuma, Marcus Batty, and Corporate Troubleshooter. If nothing really clicks I may have to give Gagarin a try, but the abundance of Whiz, Vals and Switchblades worries me.

I have enjoyed play Errand Boy, though. Fun piece of ICE.

The influence is a bit steep, but Data Ward + Slee seems likely to be pretty funny, if not really any better than Hive. Have to break the subs even if you pay the 3c tax and have no tags.

Of course, you could go full jank and put in Data Raven too, then go for Judge to rez on their turn… and Boom! and Breaking News and oh hey suddenly it’s a yellow deck how did that happen.

6 Likes

Data Ward is funny, but for same influence I’m running DNA Tracker which just feels better.

Fair enough, much scarier when unbroken. I forgot about that credit loss, that’s really nasty to hit with a rezzed Slee staring you down.

Out of curiosity, how many times have you actually fired Slee? Are you running anything to snag the kill if they draw up to 5 first?

I win either via Slee, just via Punitive, or scoring. I haven’t been keeping close track, but Slee wins are at least 25% of them. I’m running 1 Neural EMP, 2 Punitive and 3 Consulting Visit, any one of which can make Slee lethal.

3 Consulting + 1 Neural is evil, I like it. :ok_hand:

I don’t think I can go back to Blue Sun without 3 Consulting. Extra OAIs, Best Defense, Ark Lockdown, 1 anti-current, Voter Intimidation, Foxfire; at least two of those have all in there at all times. Tech toolboxes are great.

Now that I think about it, with that, MCH, and Project Atlas, Weyland is totally the R&D tutor faction. (And I guess Aggressive Negotiation, but who ever used that.)

Now that I think about it even more, I guess that should have been obvious. :sweat:

Anyways, I realize this is slightly out-of-scope for the thread, but any thoughts on Slee out of Jinteki? AOYCR would be in-faction.

Its probably garbage, but has anyone tried the twins in blue slee? Seems it is probably the only id to pull the combo off at all with any sort of reliability.

Its probably garbage jank. Sorry. Its late on a Friday night and I have been drinking.

Twins is fun, but I doubt it’d work any better with Slee. Especially since I see a lot of Shapers running strength-maintaining breakers.

…that being said, I haven tried since Localized Product Line came around…