Grip, not Hand: Yes We Khan!

Sure, why not throw another terrible and expensive breaker into the mix? :wink:

We’re essentially describing a Vamp deck right now, where the runner directly trades money against the corp. But Vamp comes for free via our breakers.

Lessons from the Reina-headlock decks should indicate we need to consider a ton of money - outside of Temujin, Criminal struggles for non-run based economy, and certainly infinite sources. Security Testing does not look good vs the decks where Temujin is not helpful, and isn’t enough. So all I can see is a set of Kati Jones (and/or, shudder, TriMaf). We’ll also need Daily Casts, Sure Gamble, and probably all the Career Fairs and Earthrise.

Edit: Unless you want to go all-in on Pheromones, somehow, with Sneakdoors etc.

Which is why I’m liking the Compromised Employee so far; if they pay to rez and I pay to derez, we’ve traded money… Except the Employee gave me some money for the rez so I come out ahead.

In fact, I was de-rezzing Nebulae that have 3 counters, just because derezzing it costs 2 credits and a reinstall… But I have plenty of money on Ice Analyzers, and 3 Compromised Employee, so them rezzing it gives me 3 credits…

Currently I’m testing out FAO to see if winning a money war like that can convert into a cleaner board so that I don’t have to spend so much.

EDIT: For some followup; The ICE Analyzers are surprisingly useful, but I think I may try Cybsoft MacroDrive instead for a bit. The timing weirdness of needing to wait for them to rez ICE to get Analyzer credits, and then pass the ICE without it installed to be able to put it back in… I suspect it’ll end up being better installing it, Birding it, passing it and using Cybsoft to reinstall, and repeating every turn until they’re sick of it. :smiley:

2 Likes

I can get behind the Employees, particularly as their pseudo-link is rarely wasted where the de-rezzing is less useful.

Here is my shot at the idea.

Khan’s Perfume Shop

Khan: Savvy Skiptracer

Event (16)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Emergency Shutdown
1x Inside Job
2x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp ●●

Hardware (4)
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip ●
3x Desperado ★★★

Resource (10)
2x John Masanori
3x Same Old Thing
2x Security Testing
3x Temüjin Contract

Icebreaker (6)
1x Breach
1x Eater ●●●
2x Faerie
1x Golden
1x Peregrin

Program (4)
1x Keyhole ●●●
2x Pheromones
1x Sneakdoor Beta

9 influence spent (max 12-3★=9, available 0)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

Struggles with draw, but the idea is basically the same as Gabe’s Perfume Shop. Temujin gets you 4 bucks back to charge pheremones, which are surprisingly purge resistant in that they keep their money for the next turn. Pheremones either helps you maintain aggression, power your stupid expensive breakers or install your stupid breakers via Khan’s ability.

Struggles mostly with draw and on the fence if you even need vamp in a build like this.

Edit - Swapped Passport for Peregrin, which it should have been to begin with.

If the whole plan is basically to use Pheromones to break, derez and reinstall, wouldn’t:

a) A full set of Pheromones
b) Peregrine

be useful additions?

Vamp seems questionable given the idea is to use the Bird breakers for the same purpose.

It probably needs all the Special Orders.

1 Like

Passport is supposed to be Peregrine. Stupid Netrunnerdb.

Yep, x3 Pheromones is probably a good call and I am also thinking drop vamp. Maybe run Memstrips…? I dunno.

Is this what we’ve come to?

1 Like

We are already in a Khan thread bro. Besides, the MU of this build is pretty hungry. Its either that, Djinn or Cybersoft.

Box-E helps with the MU and the handsize problems. On the other hand, you’re spending 4c on not-Desperado.

I’m in your HQ, Vamping you with ma Pheromones.

This is almost erotic.

I guess I’ll post the version I’ve been tinkering with

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/38300/birds-of-go-away

Birds of Go Away

Khan: Savvy Skiptracer (Blood Money)

Event (14)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Career Fair (Breaker Bay)
1x Easy Mark (Core Set)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (2)
2x Desperado (Core Set) ★★

Resource (13)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
3x Temüjin Contract (Blood Money)
2x The Turning Wheel (The Liberated Mind) ●●

Icebreaker (6)
2x Aurora (Core Set)
2x Golden (Blood Money)
2x Peregrine i[/i]

Program (5)
3x Sahasrara (Creation and Control) ●●●●● ●
2x Scheherazade (Second Thoughts) ●●
10 influence spent (max 12-2★=10, available 0)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Escalation

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

1. I dropped the technical writers for emergency shutdowns/1 easy mark. I never got enough credits off the technical writer for it to pay off sufficiently.

2. Aurora is just a placeholder until we get Secretary Bird. That is also why I have the emergency shutdowns. I need a way to turn off eli.

3. The MOST important piece is Sahasrara. Until the birds cost effectively zero or 1 credit to install, it’s hard to use their ability and not destroy your economy.

4. It’s real good against a glacier style deck such as EtF or Palana. Rush the problem is the ice is just cheap as all hell. Haven’t tried it against asset spam yet.

Edit: mini rant

Khan’s ability is not bad. But it’s not worth three damn influence and the fact that it only fires on the first passed ice fucks with runs constantly. I genuinely can’t believe that they tested it with this influence level and said “yep, this 100% on par with Smoke”.

[quote=“Arthur_Barnhouse, post:172, topic:7504”]
“yep, this 100% on par with Smoke”.
[/quote]Did they actually say that?

I mean, I don’t have their office bugged. I assume if there are two runners with 40 card minimum released in the same cycle and one has 12 influence and one has 15 they must have felt the 12 influence was stronger.

They don’t design all cards to be the same power level, even IDs. Smoke is meant to shake up the meta. Khan is meant to be something that lots of people try out but only a few stick with - they were deliberately conservative with her power level.

I’m sorry. Is it your contention that the goal of the developer is to sometimes make bad IDs?

I would reserve completely writing her off until we see the console, but yeah she should have probably been 17 influence given her support thus far.

1 Like

Bad is a relative term. Even if they didn’t deliberately make some stronger than others, it would work out that way because of the nature of card games and so the less powerful ones wouldn’t get played.

They make bad cards all the time (Window, Hellion Alpha, etc). IDs are usually not as bad because they are flagship cards of the game, but they still don’t intend to balance them perfectly.

1 Like

There’s this dude in a hoodie that would like a word with you… Says something about being blacklisted and exiled?

1 Like

Yep. Probably they knew exile wasn’t very good and shrugged their shoulders and sad “wattya gonna do? Sometimes we make bad cards.”

Nah Exile was probably meant to be good and then they realised “holy shit program recursion is super powerful we shouldn’t print any more after C&C”.

8 Likes