Hand Made Alters

Sorry if I spam you or something but this is getting better every time :smile:

Enjoy!

8 Likes

Very cool! Waiting for IDs :wink:

No IDs yet since some commissions came up but #OHYEAH!

5 Likes

You can see the Astro alter in the Eurogrid link but wait till you see the following one! The first that was not mad on one of my cards but as a commission to someone who send his cards :).

AND THE SEXIST OF ALL! OH YEAH!

Maybe FFG should consider printing full art Agendas as prices for tournaments.

The most used cards of all after all. The only drawback being that you usually need three of them.

3 Likes

This seems interesting, the quality has improved a lot! May I ask what does the artist use? Acrylic paint? Permanent/alcohol markers?

I was actually curious to that, as well. The level of detail she’s achieving on the cards through paint is fantastic.

Judging from the way the hand is painted on the guy on House of Knives, I can see some brush strokes, leading me to believe the artist may be using acrylic paint. It’s easy to use and mix, waterproof, easy to apply and dries very fast. One of the best ways to paint cardboard if you are really worried about damaging it (which you should, you don’t want marked cards ;)).

1 Like

It must be my personal inexperience with acrylic paint, but the linework is incredibly precise in 99% of the instances. Quite impressive for acrylic.

With gentle strokes and a thin brush, you can do that. It takes a lot of time and practice, though, I’m not totally sure that is what the artist used here, though, But the Mopus looks like it was painted with crayons :smiley: Which would not be a great choice, as it would ruin the sleeves.

1 Like

You could do a thin layer of sealant over the crayon to prevent it from ruining anything. That opens up a lot of great avenues for interesting styles of customization. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry but I was afk for a long time.

She uses acrylics, IMHO the best thing to use on cards as it was also stated above.

1 Like

New cards, IDs this time. @kiv, still interested in some IDs? What do you think of these?

I really love the Gabe Alt.

Both are for sale. Contact me or Christina directly if you would like some of them.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Another Alt Art Card by Christina. Up for sale. Feel free to post your comments.

https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/12573846_822480501197296_6639518381290111026_n.jpg?oh=5d60d65f751fe839b0c47f1ac5fbaf26&oe=574284C1

While we’re on the topic, my girlfriend just made this for me. The picture sucks because my phone sucks.

4 Likes

If we’re doing that, here’s the one I got from some friends last weekend.

http://imgur.com/QR4p0TW

1 Like