Harmony Medtech Evolved

Hey all, I’ve been playing some iteration of this deck for about 6 months in kitchen table NR but in the last 3 weeks I decided to really put it though its paces and tweak the core build.

The main idea behind this deck is to make a large differential between what the runner needs to score and what the corp needs to score. The scoring differential is achieved with the inclusion of Global Food Initiative & Shi.Kyū.

I’ve found its weakest opponents are Noise & Valencia Estevez. Like all corp decks Noise can be shut-down if I hit cerebral static early—sadly the same cant be said for Valencia Estevez—in its current iteration this deck has to rely on smart plays and praying to the FSM that VE doesn’t draw to much Blackmail + recursion.

I’d love to know what you think and how I could improve this deck.

Twofer V2

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (6)

Asset (11)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (9)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

12 influence spent (max 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on your asset choices here? I can’t see how this would play from the list. It seems like there’s nothing to force runs on unadvanced remotes—other than Melange, arguably—so it’s unlikely you’d land any Shi.Kyū with a shell game strategy. I just don’t understand the choices made, why Private Contracts over another MHC, why only one Jackson, also probably not enough ICE to really protect a remote as you’d want to with Adonis. Also, RnD seems pretty porous with some of the low trash cost assets and no traps that fire from there.

The 3x GFI / 3x FP is obviously a super solid agenda suite for this archetype. Even with Film Critic, the low density makes the runner work a lot harder to get to 6. In the dream scenario, where you land one Shi.Kyū and they hit all the GFIs, the runner might need to score four agendas to the corp’s 2, that’s incredibly rough in a deck with only 6 agendas.

3 Likes

Thanks for the critique.
Forcing runs on un-advanced remotes - This is a deck build is likely a product of average players. After I drop a few econ assets the runner starts to think that the remotes are mostly safe and they usually end up doing a blind run expecting to trash more econ assets and instead hit Shi.Kyū. Alternatively I can keep Shi.Kyū in hand or put them in the archives if they are doing data-sucker runs and the like.

Private Contracts over 3x MHC - I went this route because I like watching the runner pay 5 to trash and if they don’t I can have a lot more burst econ especially when I’m waiting for an agenda.

Single Jackson Howard - Its a case of there not being enough influence to go around.

Porous R&D - A lot of times Shi.Kyū gets hit here, and I’ve run snare before but I just don’t have the room for more traps at the expense of ice and econ.

Hope this clarifies my decisions (however average them may be).

1 Like

This deck has too many weird choice on various things.I can’t tell if this is a rush deck or not,since even with Ash (only 1) and Caprice,rush out 2 5/3 is too hard (4 full turn,10 credits,let alone the ICE you need to rez and many other aspects),the econ choice here is also weird,I assume Adonis here is same as Sundew in RP,but judging by your ICE you don’t really have much ability to protect your Adonis.
And Shi Kyu is a little bit overkill for me.

1 Like

I’ve played a similar deck for a while. There’s really no need to include ShiKyu with x3 GFI; it’s difficult to trigger anyway. Also, no Mushin?

1 Like

This is my build, helped me win a GNK tournament recently. Seems fairly straightforward, though I’m still balancing the ice choices.
Harmony Medtech: Take Your Medicine v1.0
Might want some more Snare!s, taking out some money. No need for Shi.Kyu thanks to GFI. Don’t like Mushin since I can’t protect the card with a Caprice/Batty/Ash too. But if you can play psi-games well, it’ll win games.

1 Like

I’ll take this thread as an invitation to talk medtech :smiley: I played a bunch of this ID back around honor and profit, it’s fun to see it getting a bit of new life.

the concept is solid, but as others have said, you have some questionable choices. both MHC and Celebrity Gift are flatly superior econ choices versus private contracts - I actually like a one-of melange, but the adonises seem tough to protect, and a singleton junebug just flatly unnecessary.

re: shi.ku, it’s so easy to land, people. hold em in HQ, seed one in the trash, do what you have to do. while we’re on that subject, 3x jackson is an absolute must. I’ve had games where the runner medium-dug to the actual bottom of RnD before realizing all 6 agendas were in hand or in the trash.

Last off- I think the best place for GFI is actually to thin agendas out of a 2-pointer medtech build (which has always been better, honestly). a combination of never-advance scores and light fast advance can put you on game point stupid quick while the runner struggles to find 4 (thanks shi.kyu) of your 8 agendas. coincidentally, the never-advance score pattern also makes shi.kyu stupid easy to land (while fear of shi.kyu in turn makes it easier to score), and generates a lot of wasted runs on assets/econ.

2 Likes

Do you have a current deck you like?

Haven’t had much chance to test GFI (most of my play is IRL and my group isn’t much for proxies of spoilers…) but along with markus I think there is some real potential for the 2-pointer rushdown version to come back (a la The Thing That Should Not Be but with nasty markus trashes instead of sansan?).

the TLDR of this is that I don’t have a meta-ready list, but I’m definitely going to be sleeving this ID up and getting some testing in. I’ll be sure to stop by and post if anything looks promising.

1 Like

I’m also looking forward to playing medtech again with global food. Here’s a list i put together but like voltorocks, I really only play with physical cards and don’t proxy so haven’t had the chance to try it out yet.

Couple of thing i can see probably won’t work with the list: too much expensive ice and pad campaign is probably better than sundew.

I included roto to help with trashes from batty. Also its only 1 influence. Other option would be getting rid of 1 tollbooth for a couple of ichi.

Agenda (6)

Asset (9)

Upgrade (8)

Operation (6)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (4)

12 influence spent (max 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

From the original list, I’d look at removing Adonis and some of the other assets. Using the influence for Backchannels and Overwriter. You definitely want a Mushin or two (or three). If you’ve got traps then they’re awesome, and even without, bluffing them is great economy. Back Channels allows you to get rid of un-run traps for many dollars (Mushin + advance, next turn double advance, sacrifice for 18 credits).

I was toying around with Mushin / Backchannels with some success, but there were some problems. The biggest thing is that Jinteki has good enough econ cards in house, and with only 12 influence, you have better things to spend it on, especially with Food in the picture now. I ended up swapping them for Green Level, because a little extra econ didn’t hurt, and the extra card draw was really attractive.

I’ve been working on a rush deck using the 3 pointers, and it does pretty good work. The Ice is what I’m having problems with at this point, and I’ve been swapping between using Restructure and MHC.

Full Boar

Agenda (6)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]•••[/color]
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]

Upgrade (7)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
3x Marcus Batty (The Underway)

Operation (11)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) [color=#8A2BE2]•••[/color]
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (5)
3x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
1x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)
1x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing) [color=#FF8C00]•[/color]

Code Gate (4)
1x Enigma (Core Set)