Has Netrunner finally moved beyond "good stuff" decks?

• The Anarch breaking suite
  • Singleton Passport
  • 2x John Masanori
  • 2/3x Security Testing
  • Eventually 2 Bankjob which is really really nice against NEH
  • Either Sneakdoor + HQI, or 2-3 Legwork
  • Medium is really really great to dig into NEH R&D, 2-3 RDI also do the job

The rest is usual criminal good stuff (Inside Job, Siphon, Desperado, etc)
Oh. And Feedback Filter. This is the card who will turn your matchup against PE Killteki from an horrible uphill battle to a walkover.

[Edit]

• Compromised Employee is really great against Blue Sun, pretty much a dead card against everything else
  • Itā€™s almost impossible to win against RP without parasite so either youā€™re dropping this matchup and try to consolidate the rest or try to build a bastard deck who will give you a better average win ratio against the field but with a severe drop in your win ratio against NEH
  • El-Ad played a Data Dealer in his Andy, worth a shot against both NEH and Killteki, by selling your NAPD/1 Pointer to score an astro or something like this.
1 Like

Multiple copies of breakers, John Masanori, and Bank Job are the main ā€œunusualā€ components.

Also, Iā€™ve been testing with Clot, and Iā€™m worried that it might make Kate too good. Weā€™ll have to see, but I think that ā€œgeneric good stuff answer-for-everything Pro Contacts Kateā€ is going to be extremely strong once again.

2 Likes

Iā€™m telling yā€™all: Clot + SMC/CC is gonna be brutal for any corp that, you know, wanted to score from hand. So that lets you tech against whatever else is in the field without taking too many card slots.

2 Likes

Until an asset comes out that prevents the Runner from installing programs in the Corps turn. Then weā€™re even again. Itā€™s all cyclical right?

Sounds like an NBN identity. Probably at 21 inf, because hey, that ability is so much weaker than 2 recurring credits for traces.

1 Like

While I almost fully agree with your cardchoices, I think there has never been a meta where it was more ā€œcorrectā€ to cut datasuckers. One of the few things that are common between RP and NEH is that Datasuckers doesnā€™t actually do that much. Another card thatā€™s been severely weakened by the current meta is Corroder, I think itā€™s not worth the influence in Andy anymore (my latest testing has been with Breach+Inti).

This is gonna be great against RP. Maybe Planned Assault -> Same Old Thing in Ken?

1 Like

Thinking of Criminal stuff, Iā€™ve been pleasantly surprised by 1-of Breach in addition to 1-of Corroder.

No, no, donā€™t leave! Let me explain!

2-of Corroder takes up a bunch of influence, but people do it because all the other options are worse, right? Well, Breach does suck against a lot of things, but many of thoseā€¦ arenā€™t seeing as much play, it seems like. Iā€™ll take the worse match-up against Wall of Static to crush Curtain Wall right now, though. Itā€™s a tolerable replacement that allows you to get in against Blue Sun for waaaay cheap, and while itā€™s not ideal or anything itā€™s at least functional.

So if youā€™re running 2-of Corroder in criminal, consider giving Breach a shot. Frees up some influence for another Clone Chip or Parasite or whatever.

7 Likes

Well, I believe this will be even better with Tinkering or Paintbrush.

1 Like

Hey, I totally respect that choice!

2 Likes