[HB] Breaking Breaker Bay: Upgrades Incorporated

Pretty much. Cyberdex has additional value as a party pooper for Archives datasucker runs, purges from R&D/HQ accesses, and occasionally enabling NEXT Gold blowouts.

Exactly. I like Cyberdex in Haas more than any other glacier-ish deck. RP doesnā€™t really need it and Blue Sun canā€™t seem to make room for it.

Speaking of room, Iā€™ve been thinking I would really like all 2 pointers in Haas, but it means losing a utility slot. Scoring 4 times seems easier with all the 3/2s, and quantity accesses are rough for the runner vs bioroids.

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve been using to moderate success. Parasite resistant, bunch of money and usually able to rush out one or two scores before Anarch can touch the score server. It won me a small GNK, going undefeated, this weekend. The 2nd Archived Memories could be something else, not sure what yet.

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Agenda (9)
2x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Eden Fragment
1x Hades Fragment
3x NAPD Contract
2x Project Vitruvius

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Eve Campaign
3x Jackson Howard ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Upgrade (7)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY
2x Breaker Bay Grid
2x Caprice Nisei ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (6)
2x Archived Memories
1x Biotic Labor
3x Hedge Fund

Barrier (5)
3x Eli 1.0
1x Heimdall 1.0
1x Wall of Static

Code Gate (7)
2x Datapike
1x IQ
2x Tollbooth ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
2x Turing

Sentry (5)
3x Architect
1x Ichi 1.0
1x Ichi 2.0

Other (1)
1x Excalibur

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

1 Like

Nice! Iā€™ve been running a very similar list with very good success at local league nights and Casual tournaments.

• -1 hades, -1 NAPD -2 archived memories, -2 datapike, -1 wall of static , -1 eve
  • +1 pri req, +1 Vitruvius +2 ELP + 1 heimdall 1.0 + 1 heimdall 2.0 + 1 biotic labor

I donā€™t love the heimdall 2.0 though, been thinking about replacing it with sherlock as RnD Ice vs Kate

ELP is nice but I think it would make the Shaper match up harder. Sherlock makes sense though, I might try that.

Iā€™d be wary of cutting much of the End the run ICE. I can score an early 5 for 3 behind a wall of static and a datapike against a lot of Anarch decks.

Iā€™m not so sure on that front. Scoring 4 times is totally doable, but scoring 3 times is not that difficult in this deck.

Also needing to score 4 times versus 3 Parasite 3 Clone Chip Anarch decks would be a pain in the rear. Part of the value of this agenda suite is relative flexibility on scoring choices.

Also, what do you cut?

Fundamentally why the NEXT suite is so appealing. Alright early game etr that transitions well into a more developed board.

You cut the utility slot, depending on your build.

My deck runs 9 assets (full sexbots and Jackson), 7 upgrades (2 Ash, 2 Caprice, 2 BBa, and a Crisium) and 18 Ice, and 4 Ops (3 Hedge, 1 Archived). Thatā€™s 38 cards right there.

10 agendas leaves you one spot. Iā€™m trying a Biotic there first, but Cyberdex, another Archived, or another Crisium can all be good.

I love NEXT ice but parasite ruins it. I donā€™t feel that solid about using datapike since itā€™s only 2 strength for the same reason

I was thinking of Archived Memories, but Vitruvius is really the AM in this deck. I give it agenda counter 90% of time, sometimes even two counters.

A great thing in this deck is that you use the abilties of your agendas, unlike in HB FA, where scoring puts you behind, not ahead.

1 Like

Eh - itā€™s not super, but it holds up surprisingly well. You canā€™t give them any extra time to find extras, thatā€™s for sure.

Finally a thread about

!

Next/BBG/Caprice EtF did major damage in Poland. What I actually want to know is how to beat this beast. And please donā€™t tell me I need to parasite Silvers and itā€™s an auto win from thereā€¦

1 Like

Only way Iā€™ve found is get to the agendas before they hit the remote. Either theyā€™re running 3-pointers and then agendas are sometimes waiting for their turn in, or theyā€™re running the HB FA suite and centrals tend to be pretty fruitful. Usually, Iā€™d just concede the econ war and let them have their server, nuking stuff only if lightly defended, going for RnD / HQ with Medium + Nerve Agent. Biggest problem with this approach were ABTs that hit two+ pieces of ICE.

3 Likes

Some truth to this - but be careful, because maintaining the possibility of running the remote makes HB conserve resources.

If you went full nutter Ice Destruction Iā€™d bet youā€™d do okay - like Noise packing Immolation Script, cutlery and a Planned Assault (Plus parasites) - youā€™d have a decent shot. Caprice and Ash are force multipliers.

Drive-By should also be boon to Criminal versus this sort of deck. It forces the corp to rez early, making it clearer exactly what is in the server.

So, turns out Breaker Bay Grid is really amazing!

I (similar to @bahram) hate playing with 3-pointers though, and Iā€™m not confident in my ability to win PSI games via Caprice. So basically, what Iā€™m asking here is if people have played HB FA/Rush with BBG and SanSans, and whether thatā€™s equally as good as the Glacier/Rush plan?

BBG and SanSan do not share synergy, but usually you build multiple remotes anyway with this deck. Having both a strong Econ+Ash server and a SanSan server really puts pressure on a runner I would say. A FA build would lose the NEXT ice in favor for more sturdy pieces like IQ, Turing and Viper. This way, the NEXT Gold+Troubleshooter backup plan is lost. Dunno how much of a blow that is.

Maybe the Polish players could shed some light on this, if they tested the alternate approach? (@Matuszczak , @Jander ā€¦)

This concept, without Next?

This build should suit. Give it a whirl.

There is issues. I know the issues. But this is a good start point, and if if you see the same issues and decide to fix them, rather than abandon the build, keep with it. If you dont wanna work on the build, just cut your loses.

That said, if you wanna play something FA, i still recommend NBN.

1 Like

I tried to fit BBG in the rush / Sansan shell and it was awful. It doesnā€™t have the deck slots for a conditional econ card.

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying out a new build using 2x Marcus Batty to either win with NEXT Gold or destroy the rig. It can also be used like a bad Caprice to just End the run. Still working on the agenda suite but for now I am running all 2 pointers.

In NEXT build I have one remote with 2-3 ices and a couple econ remotes, 0-1 ices. Two equal remotes would be hard to make. Anyway, I dislike FA in HB, usually you wonā€™t make use of agendas, theyā€™re just points. 3-pointers are really ok. Matuszczak didnā€™t lost a game with HB and I lost only to him in the finals having huge agenda flood all the game.

Caprice is more of a deterrent, I rez her very rarely.

This really depends, I think. Even in FA HB, when the opportunity arises I really like to overscore my Vitruviusses. Instant Archives access can be as good as an Atlas token in a lot of cases.

Iā€™ll try the Glacier build as well. The shell is rock-solid at least.

Next is actually really good in HBFA as it forces Kate(the worst matchup) to choose between using recursion on parasite or clot. That being said I agree with Calimsha. NBN has too many cards that you really want right now in FA not to use it (SanSan, SFSS, dbs, booth, sweeps, wrap, pop, Jackson, etcā€¦). And Astro + SFSS and SanSan+SFSS are the only two ways to NoAdvanceFastAdvance against clot.