[HB] Breaking Breaker Bay: Upgrades Incorporated

I’ve been playing this variant lately and it definitely has some bugs in it, but I like the flow of the deck. I’ve several times laid what looks like an asset and have used double biotic at 13 credits to seal the deal with a 3 pointer.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/359133

I personally don’t like the next ice as it gets parasited easily. Parasite silver, yog bronze, and d4vid if they corporate troubleshoot? I feel like anarch, especially maxx does well against this style deck. I feel like HBFA wants a lot of NBN cards to run smoothly, but have so many more bluff options to even out the lack of tempo. That’s why I’ve been running that deck listed above. It’s a hybrid style that I can change my plan and adjust to board state.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think Breaker Bay + San San is a good idea. So much of this decks strength comes from it’s commitment to it’s strategy. Breaker bay is best in a protected remote generating a ton of value - which is where you’d normally like to put your San San. Now, a few biotics thrown in to score out is another story.

Caprice is valuable just as a deterrent, if nothing else. You may suck at Psi games - but does your opponent know that?

As for 3 pointers, this is a super turtlely glacier deck. Scoring 4 times is sometimes really difficult. Also Eden Fragment is nuts here.

Not getting your list. Just getting a cannot find error. Did you publish?

There was some noise a while back about an article on this. Whatever happened to that?

I gave up on finishing this article when clots cames out. Turns out, the deck is more resilient to clot than what I expected at first so I guess I should just kick my ass to finish it.

3 Likes

What do you find the most useful as your last card slot? I’ve been running 1 biotic labor but never could make good Use of it and with everybody playing Kate + Clot I dont see it useful in the future.

For the new cardslot I thought about Fast Track, Restructure or a 2nd Archived Memories and keeping the 2 Tollboths.
Alternatively swapping a Tollboth for 1 Blacklist and 1 Targeted Marketing could be an interesting tech against kate.

Interesting the Biotic isn’t strong for you. They can’t all be Kate/Clot.

All my tech slots are bunker cards: 2 Crisium and a CVS.

i took my first stab at a really competitive hb with batty and next gold and found that he can really ruin an otherwise good game. you can fire him anytime, and he gives you a 66% chance to win from any position.

it seemed too powerful to exist to me, so I got to thinking: does this combo work for sure? you resolve a single subroutine, so you ignore the rest of the card - the subroutine is “X net damage.” If you resolve that sub from wormhole, does it know what “X” is? does batty?

wishful thinking

4 Likes

There is still Corporate Troubleshooter. I know it is not the same, here exist more “ifs”, but still it could very easily kill you the same way as Batty.

Breaker Bay plus sansan doesn’t make sense to me. You can’t even use BB on sansan, so you’ll end up trashing it yourself a lot of the time.

2 Likes

Fair point. You could make an argument for both. Should be asked officially.

Is the HB deck youre working on Based on the Shell from jander etc.? Just swapping out carprice for batty or do you think this needs a different one?
I’ve been thinking about EBC to rez all the Next Ice, blacklist for the lockout and maybe Lab Dog to kill Clone Chips.

as far as i know it’s the same Caprice midrange etf people were running in store champ season with one Caprice, two Batty, the breaker bay grids, and a wormhole for extra cheese

1 Like

I would find it hard to be anything other than normal.

I love the Wormhole touch here. Batty into anything on the board.

Not sure if it’s worth it, mind, but it is fucking hilarious.

Why Batty over Troubeshooter?

I reckon because Batty can’t be stopped by things like Sharpshooter or Deux X? I supposed if you Troubleshoot up to 11 that would help but that’s expensive.

Also David.

1 Like

How do you play against Kate? I spent some time testing a Selevin/Jander/Mats version and could not beat Kate (I think it was 10%). I cannot really create an R&D taxing enough to keep her Maker’s Eyes out even with 2x Crisium. I feel the late game is bad enough that we don’t really want to get there, but if I try a faster play style my centrals get correspondingly hammered more (or the remote gets gotten). I feel like Kate is able to play your game better than you no matter the tempo you choose.

Make a taxing RD, Ash or Crisium the base, draw aggressively to close the game out. My trick is to just have HQ be a dead server. Get a taxing remote and rd online asap. and force plays out. Keep HQ empty of agendas, and drain Lady counters out.

PPVP Kate isn’t really popular here right now, so I don’t have much experience against it.
You can tax Lady with Next Silver and also put Ash/Crisium/Caprice on R&D.

You can also Batty a bypassed Gold for extra style points.

My experiemce is completely opposite. How do you beat it as Kate? MaxX should have definitely an easier time with NRE for Gold, Yog and all the ice destruction.

2 Likes