Identity: Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future
Cards: 49 / 45
Agenda points: 21 / 20
Influence: 15 / 15
3x Domestic Sleepers
1x Executive Retreat
3x Priority Requisition
3x Project Wotan
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Eve Campaign
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
2x Archer ●●●●
3x Eli 1.0
2x Ichi 1.0
1x Mother Goddess
3x NEXT Bronze
3x NEXT Silver
3x Viktor 2.0
3x Hedge Fund
3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY
2x Caprice Nisei ●●●●●●●●
My name is Peter and I want to tell you some words about the deck, which I managed to build several days before small tournament in Russia (17 players, cards up to Upstalk). I also want to tell you some more words about the current position of HB in general.
When I was thinking about some deck concepts that I didn’t managed to test in tournaments before, I suddenly realized that Domestic Sleepers allows to exploit some outdated strategies in HB. I’m talking about Slow Advance, of course. So, if you include 7*3/5 agendas + 3*Sleepers, you’ll need to score only 2 3/5’s and 1 Sleepers, while runner’d have to score 3 3/5. In addition, Sleepers works perfectly with Archer, which usually no one expect to meet in HB deck.
After all this thoughts, decklist became nearly obvious. Let’s play some slow advance!
Finished at 4th place, with the HB results 4-1 due to very unlucky agenda flood in 1 game (got 6 3/5’s in a first half of a deck, howarded 3 of them and still got 2 back in several turns, woot).
1) Protect your economy. Once I even had three remotes: one for scoring the agendas, one with Howard and unrezzed ice and one with Eve, protected by rezzed Ichi 1.0
2) Rototurret is the most useless ice right now. If you can, use it to eat Faerie. This will make runner to search for killer, and when after that you’ll rez Ichi 1.0 or Archer – let it be surprise for his economy or even his rig. Believe me, it is one of the best possibilities to open a scoring window.
3) If the runner expects you to rez Archer – let him think that Archer is everywhere. Don’t simply rez ice because you can. This will make him unsure and unable to count the cost of the run on a server with unknown ice. Sometimes you can give him some free accesses, just remember that runner need to score more agendas than you do.
4) Don’t forget about Project Wotan ability if the runner is going to click through your bioroids.
5) Games are not going to be fast. If you don’t like such playstyle – maybe you shouldn’t take this deck.
Funny and ????? moments:
1) Archer suddenly trashed rig with the total cost of 23 credits (Leprechaun with Battering Ram and Torch, and Garrote), because runner didn’t expect to meet Archer behind Ichi 1.0 in a remote with a single card.
2) 2nd rezzed Archer saved 1st Archer from being killed by a Parasite.
3) Project Wotan stopped runner after he played Dirty Laundry and paid 4 to pass through the first ice in order to gain access to RnD.
1) Decklist turned out to be nearly perfect. I found out that Interns is nearly useless in this build (plans were to recur parasite NEXT ice, trashed Caprice and Ash and depleted Adonis).
2) NEXT ice is wonderful. You want, for sure, a lot of NEXT ice to be rezzed. So install them on remotes, archives and sometimes centrals and rez them as soon as possible. If you’ll try to defend HQ and RnD with NEXT ices, you’ll make yourself too vulnerable to Parasites. So try to mix ices everywhere.
3) Archers were wonderful, but sometimes I even had to score 3rd 3/5, because 1st Sleepers was stolen, 2nd was used as Archer food and 3rd was somewhere in the deck. It is not a problem, anyway, but in several games, I might have won a LOT earlier. But it is very difficult to evaluate it – Archer drains a lot of money/time from runner, being rezzed in the right time.
4) The deck is rich. You can easily find yourself in position where you can comfortably score, being able to raise up defenses in centrals AND scoring remote at the same turn. If you can – try to play around Account Siphon. For example, there is no reason to rez Eve in the same turn it was installed. And usually there is no reason to rez ice in HQ to prevent 1 random access. Agenda setup in this deck protects itself not less than heavy defenses
5) Current HB position is VERY strong. It is the only faction that don’t need to import additional ice anymore. So you can use the influence to import some more threats. With the appearance of NEXT Silver HB received a lot of cheap taxing ice with ETR (don’t forget, that NEXT bronze became taxing ice in late game, too). Furthermore, this build of slow advance is the first deck that I’ve seen, that is so strong in late game.