Heartland of America Circuit (HAC) (Updated!)

Less than 11 hours 'til we kickoff this circuit!

The top four players will qualify for the HAC Invitational Final at The Covenant Store in Tulsa, Oklahoma on December 5th, 2015.

A third of the total entry fees collected will be set aside specifically for small cash payouts to be distributed among the top four players.

The top eight players are guaranteed playmats. The top four players will receive custom HAC Qualifier playmats, made and produced exclusively for these qualifier events. The fifth through eighth place players are guaranteed playmats from previous tournament kits and events. The playmats available include…

• 2015 Summer (Tri-Maf Contact)
  • 2015 Spring (Silhouette)
  • 2014 Store Championship (Wotan)
  • 2014 Summer (Deep Red)
  • 2013 Season Three (Project Vitruvius)

The ninth through sixteenth place players are guaranteed deckboxes from previous tournament kits and events. The boxes available include…

• Enforcer 1.0
  • Silhouette
  • NBN
  • Vulcan Coverup

Every player will walk away with at least one official alternate art card from previous tournament kits and events. The cards available include…

• Corporate Troubleshooter
  • Scorched Earth
  • Swordsman
  • Femme Fatale
  • Plascrete Carapace
  • Pop-Up Window
  • Chaos Theory
  • Reina Roja
  • Aesop’s Pawnshop
  • Adonis Campaign

2 Likes

Thanks @CrimsonWraith for running a great event, and shout out to the Boulder crew!

What’s the format of these tournaments? Six rounds of Swiss with no cut?

It depends on the TO and the player count.

We had 26 players at our event (details to follow whenever I pool them all together) and ran five rounds of Swiss with a top eight cut - same standard used for 2015 Store Championships. The top eight cut felt like overkill, in hindsight I would’ve run no more than a top four cut (and I’ve always been partial to pure Swiss).

Qualifiers for SMC were all 5 rounds of swiss with no cut and top 3 seeds qualify.

1 Like

Elliot and I were glad for the opportunity to claw our way from 5 and 7 to 1 and 2, respectively, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Same for MAC.

1 Like

Leaving it to T.O. discretion but I recommend swiss +1

I’ll try to set-up the Kansas City event tomorrow and if not tomorrow within the next week.

2 Likes

OKC details finalized and Kansas City on the map

Alright boys and girls, @flowerscandrink, @Asclepius, and I are bringing the Houston meta up to Austin for the ANRPC this Saturday. Locals will have to settle for 4th.

4 Likes

Remember to call in and register beforehand; we only have 24 spots total!

Quick stupid question: are alt art cards allowed?

If standard rules are enforced, yea they are allowed with a solid color backed sleeve.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who came out for the Kansas City HAC qualifier! We had 15 participants who all hopefully had a blast. It was awesome to see players from all over the KC area, Lawrence, Springfield, and even as far as Ames, Iowa! The playmats look even more amazing in person, so well done @SamRS and whoever else helped get this thing going.

Also shout-out to @ElderMason for spearheading this event, since it wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t! Thanks again to our awesome TO, Matthew who made the event smooth and easy.

I’m looking forward to seeing some familiar faces in December.

6 Likes

Update! Houston is will be hosting a qualifier on Saturday November 21st at Geek Life.
728 W 20th St, Houston, TX 77008
(713) 864-2880

Facebook event page:

5 Likes

I’m there!

What was the final tally on number of qualifiers? 8 listed in the original post, we had one in Houston so that’s at least 9 plus the last chance qualifier in Tulsa would make 10. Trying to get an estimate on how big the tournament might be, maybe 20-30 players? Inevitably some qualifiers won’t make it out to Tulsa.

1 Like

I qualified, but I can’t make it. :cry:

With the lcq, there will be 40 players, minus whoever doesn’t drive out.

1 Like