Help with my Kate deck

Hello everyone, I was hoping I could get your help with this deck. The idea behind it was to put heavy pressure on R&D with early indexing and RDI. Killing ice with parasite and bringing them back with Clone chip.

I love Grimoire in this deck, for the MU and the instant kills on 0 Strength ice with parasite, but since I only have one core set, my one copy doesn’t always make it to the table. I added the toolbox so that I can go that route if Grimoire doesn’t show up. Maybe the answer is taking out grimoire and adding another Data Sucker and a mem-chip of some sort.

MO and Kati provide all of the econ I need, but it MO isn’t installed on a Leprechaun, I am hurting for MU.

I appreciate any thoughts and advice you can throw my way!

Kate-Man-Die

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (15)
2x Diesel (Core Set)
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Indexing (Future Proof)
1x Modded (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (7)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Grimoire (Core Set) ··
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
1x The Toolbox (Core Set)

Resource (6)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Program (18)
2x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ··
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ··
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) ·
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
2x Leprechaun (Upstalk)
2x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) ·
3x Parasite (Core Set) ····· ·
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) ·

Cards in deck: 46 (min 45)
15/15 influence used
Cards up to Upstalk

I don’t think you need the magnum opus or the personal workshops. Opus is expensive and slows down your early game in exchange for a strong long term economy; but you’re looking for early pressure, so opus isn’t a great choice. It also forced you to spend time and deckslots on cards like Leprechaun, drop the opus and you can replace leprechaun with something more generally useful. Personal workshop is also slow, and doesn’t work with the self-modifying codes your are using to find your breakers (I’d add a 3rd copy of self-modifying code while your at it- its really good).

1 Like

Thanks benjaminwald05. What do you think about my console dilemma? I am rebuilding this now…

I’d cut Toolbox for sure. Grimoire is nice with your parasite spam; you may want two though.

If you want to save influence, Astrolabe is the best Shaper Console. With the Parasite spam build, a lot of people run Astrolabe and a couple Akumatsu Chips.

As for your econ, Personal Workshop may indeed be overkill. It doesn’t work with Kate’s ability or Modded. Also, a customary decision is to choose either Kati Jones or Magnum Opus. Because they’re both permanent econ, once they’re both installed they compete with each other for clicks. Best to choose one and supplement it with temporary econ, like Daily Casts, Dirty Laundry, or more Modded.

Happy tinkering!

1 Like

Here is my update to the deck so far. I have taken out all Magnum Opus and added 2 Daily Casts for a little clickless economy while I pump up Kati. I removed the toolbox and added Akamatsu Mem Chip and Cyber Solutions Mem chip so that I can put out a couple SMCs (3 of those now) and run with impunity.

I have also removed the Leprechauns and Personal workshops.

The goal is still to get some early Indexing and R&D Accesses in before they get set up. Then destroy ice and continue R&D Assault.

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (16)
2x Diesel (Core Set)
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Indexing (Future Proof)
2x Modded (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x CyberSolutions Mem Chip (Fear and Loathing)
1x Grimoire (Core Set) ··
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (6)
2x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Program (15)
2x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ··
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ··
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) ·
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set) ·
3x Parasite (Core Set) ····· ·
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) ·

Cards in deck: 45 (min 45)
15/15 influence used
Cards up to Fear and Loathing

Deck built with Net Deck Connecting to the iTunes Store.

Looks good. Only final suggestion is to find room for 2 Scavenges. They work well with test run, especially to get femme out cheap.

Thanks keno bob! How about -2 Modded and +2 Scavenge?