How do I (ab)use...?

Cards seem like they work together but not sure what to do with them? Ask here.

I’ll start us off with a few questions.

Cerebral imaging with special report? Doesn’t necessarily need to be shutdown combo. Could this be used to sculpt r&d, maybe to allow blind accelerated diagnostics?

Jinteki Biotech with Jeeves? Brewery with punitive seems like too much work, brewery with neural EMP seems like it doesn’t do enough, and never-advancing a 5/3 is cool but not that powerful. What else could be done? Is Improved Protein plus “Clones” in one turn impressive?

Never-advance and fire a Ronin. Brewery and fire an already-advanced Ronin. Brewery + Neural after you rez a Bio-Ethics or two at the start of the turn.

Getting yourself 3 points in a turn is plenty powerful. There was some talk in the HB FA thread about how useful it is to be able to close out a game using double Biotics to never-advance a GFI. Heck, depending on how the game is going, you might pull off a win never-advancing that Fetal AI that’s been sitting out there unprotected since turn 2.

With IPS, I guess you could score it and play Aggressive Negotiations to grab whatever you need next. Is it the 3/2 you need to win? Is it Neural EMP? Snare? Who knows?!

NAing a “4 pointer” seems fine, yes, but what do you want to play with that ? Slow ToLs & GFIs? i mean, you still need 3 pts ?

Clone retirements plus more “clones” perhaps?

I had a go at that CI deck I mentioned before. At one point I tried out a Bioroid efficiency research package, but it didn’t seem great.

Triple IT dep, triple magnet, triple Jeeves, triple indian stock exchange, triple jackson (=15 inf), triple subliminals, triple interns, triple clones
aka 24 cards

Agendas : 3 improved, 3 fip, philotic
aka 7 cards

Remaining stuff:
Triple gambles, double Sandburg, 13 hard etr, preferably punishing, cheap & neutral.

–>
“Martini” engine makes
1x indian, triple sub = 6cr for 2 clics, or 1 with jeeves.
2x indian, triple sub = 9c for 2/1 clics
3x = 12c for 2/1 clics.

Sandburg is just for the topping, this is a prison deck of another kind.

This looks pretty sweet. Does 3 fip refer to The Future Perfect? Are you going to post this on nrdb?

Yup, it’s Future is Perfect.

Oh, if I had to post untested decks each time I’ve got one idea, I’d be the highest corp post count on NRDB :slight_smile:
I can post 2 decks a day like that :wink:

Without Bootcamps, this will die to False Echo or Val stuff anyway.

I played a kill combo deck like this a while back. It was actually extremely successful for me, I think I won a GNK with it, but much of that was because people weren’t sure what I was doing. Oh and also Rebirth had just come out so I killed two Criminals who rebirthed into Silhouette & then immediately exposed Psychic Field.

The kill combo for a runner with full grip is: rez Hiro to reduce hand size to three, do (at least) 1 net from a Bio-ethics Association, flip ID to reveal The Brewery & deal 2 net, gain a click from Jeeves, play Neural EMP. But you can also kill if the runner screws up late in their turn, as usual with Jinteki. The clearances meet Jeeves alliance requirement & help cycle into combo pieces. There’s too much economy in the list & it folds badly to a teched Whizzard or pretty much any anti-net damage card.

Bio-Ethics Biotech

Jinteki Biotech: Life Imagined (The Valley)

Agenda (9)

Asset (20)

Operation (10)

Barrier (2)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

I’ve actually built a deck around this that has achieved some success for me. (It won a tournament, but to be fair it was a very poorly attended tournament where I placed 1st out of 2 people.)

Slam Jammin Jeeves

Jinteki Biotech: Life Imagined (The Valley)

Agenda (8)

Asset (23)

Operation (9)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (3)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Fear the Masses

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

##Strategy Notes:

• Jeeves is great but you need him on the table and rezzed before you spend clicks and if your opponent is smart and has the money s/he is GOING to trash it after you use it once. It’s like a SanSan City Grid, but more flexible, so it can’t be allowed to live. To that end, there are Tech Startups and Advanced Assembly Lines so you can get it from R&D or HQ into play, and Team Sponsorships to recover it from Archives.
  • If the runner ends a card with 2 cards or less in hand and you have Jeeves + Tech Startup or Ronin on the board, you can murder by flipping the ID then using the bonus click to activate Ronin. And there are Psychic Fields in the deck, mostly to discourage the runner from just running every remote but it also synergizes with the murder strat.
  • With Jeeves + Nisei and Improved Protein Source, it’s not too hard to get to 4-5 points without using your ID ability. Once you do, all you have to do is get an agenda on the table for a turn. You don’t even need money! Scoring IPS from 0 credits (or TFP from 3) is amazing.
  • Things that make this deck sad:
    ** Rumor Mill-this deck was built before Rumor Mill came out. I may need to swap out something for another Targeted Marketing or a Cerebral Static to counter
    ** Whizzard-This deck does rely on the relatively high rez to trash ratio of its assets to keep them around.
1 Like

Here’s my version. Decided against the plan of NA a 5/3 and instead have some ways to FA the last 2 points (or 3 with IPS).

Eli because these decks lose easily on centrals. Fairchild instead of third Eli because landing a brain is helpful.

Jeeves only fires once in these decks, unless somehow the Runner can’t get to him. Make it count!

Red Jeeves

Life Imagined (The Valley)

Agenda (10)
2x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
1x Chronos Project (First Contact)
2x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
1x Improved Protein Source (Fear the Masses)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)

Asset (16)
2x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) ••••
2x Chairman Hiro (Honor and Profit)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ••
2x Jeeves Model Bioroids (Salsette Island)
3x Psychic Field (Honor and Profit)
2x Ronin (Future Proof)
3x Snare! (Core Set)

Operation (15)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Medical Research Fundraiser (Honor and Profit)
3x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)
1x Neural EMP (Core Set)
2x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts) ••
3x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)
1x Successful Demonstration (Creation and Control) •

Barrier (3)
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
2x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •• ☆☆

Code Gate (3)
1x Crick (Breaker Bay)
1x Fairchild 2.0 (Blood Money) ••
1x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (2)
2x Cortex Lock (The Valley)

49 cards (minimum 45)
13/13 (=15-2☆) influence used
20 agenda points
Cards up to Blood Money

1 Like

For these decks that use Psychic Field to discourage running, would it be worth adding Prisec (like in the deck of the week) to make it even less likely they’ll run?

The impact of a Psychic Field is far more than Prisec for your deck slot, wiping the entire grip is much more likely to set up a flatline than a single meat damage. Also, if you’re not packing tag punishment, part of the Prisec effect is of limited utility.

That said, the Prisec-Psychic Field combo is pretty hilarious. Runners have a 50% chance to access Psychic Field first, setting them up for a 67% chance to lose the game on the spot (assuming a lot of things, including psi chances & no I’ve Had Worse or damage prevention).

also kind of funny with prisec and order-of-access, had this happen the other day:

• runner has NACH installed, corp has server with 2 uandvanced cards in it
  • runner Queen’s Gambit’s one of the 2 cards, passes turn
  • corp advances the other 3 times
  • runner runs on click 2, accesses the card advanced by the corp first: steals vanity project, trashing NACH. Pregnant pause. Accesses PriSec, takes tag.
  • corp uses false lead to make the runner end the turn tagged
  • gg
2 Likes

New idea: Chum is good with ICE that has useless or even detrimental subroutines (like Aiki and Little Engine, also Cortex Lock once the runner has used up all their memory), since the runner will need to break those subroutines anyway if they don’t want to get damaged by chum. What kind of deck could use these four ices?

Problem: Chum + Engine dies to Gordian.

Chum+ Fairchild 1 or 2?

These things also die to yogsucker.

Gordian is a weakness, but they still lose 3 net credits getting through, so it’s not a disaster. Yeah stuff that people normally click through is also funny, like Chum-Popup if they don’t have a decoder (but loses its power once they do, since they can let chum fire and still get in for 1 credit).

Another idea I had was playing zealous judge in IG. You tag with prisec on a central or from them hitting a snare, then you can give them a tag whenever you like. If the runner always clears the tags on their turn though, you won’t have enough clicks to Boom them, so how do you take advantage of this?

1 Like