Ok, there’s been a ton of talk about how to grow the Netrunner community lately…a lot of heated debate and good back-and-forth on some other threads. This has me thinking that our meta here in Utah needs to do a bit more work on the ground to attract new players at the LGSs who aren’t supporting NR currently. A couple of us want to start doing Netrunner Demo Days at those stores and I want to get some feedback on how y’all would run a Demo Day at a store.
Our current gameplan is thus:
- Schedule a NR Demo Day with a specific store
- Market that Demo Day with the local crowd leading up to that day (use any available channels to market)
- Coordinate with the store to possibly have some NR products on hand
- Show up with 2-4 of our players and 5-6 types of decks to demo
- Have a laptop + monitor to play the Netrunner tutorial videos to attract attention
- Bring Netrunner swag to capitalize on the sick nasty Cyberpunk theme
- Evangelize Netrunner.
Does anyone have any creative ideas they’ve used or would use to make a Demo Day really hit home? Probably going to sacrifice a lot of good evenings and Saturdays to cover all the stores we want to cover, so want to make these impactful. No idea is a bad idea!