How to tell a key card -- the hate

Yeah, you’re remembering correctly. I was going to say EtF, but thought that was going against the spirit of the post. Biotic is a fantastic card, but it doesn’t fit the flavor or theme of HB as well, I don’t think. I went with Archived Mem because it’s got that bioroid endurance, unrelenting, non-creative feel. If it worked before, let’s do it again.

Noise was definitely OP pre-Jackson, and I would argue he was really the strongest runner in the golden age of Prepaid Kate.

I can’t remember when Magnum Opus was ever considered too powerful. Shapers were garbage in the first cycle, and only became good once Creation and Control hit. Katman won Gencon that year running on Professional Contacts, Desperado/Sucker, and Daily Casts. Maybe the meta didn’t embrace Vamp enough then.

SMC is the definitive Shaper card. Great faction-defining design - Shapers can deal with anything, so long as they can muster the econ. Mopus is mediocre econ, clicking all turn for credits is only good if you’re set up. Criminals are the econ faction on the color wheel. They make money while pressuring you.

IIRC, I think Magnum Opus was considered powerful in the Genesis cycle after Test Run was released, but not overly powerful, but it’s gone down after C&C and @Alexfrog’s excellently analyzed comparison article to ProCo, then both have been outclassed by run-based econ and Prepaid econ. It’s gotten a resurgence after Beth.

I hear worry over Magnum Opus when people talk about post-rotation and losing 4 3/2 agendas, like the current World Champion post here:

1 Like