Hybrid NBN post D&D

Since core set making news, I’ve been trying to build an NBN deck capable of successfully fast advancing and threatening the kill. But I’ve always found them mutually exclusive due to both requiring so many credits. With the release of D&D, I think NBN hybrid decks are in the best position they have yet.

24/7 Fastfood

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (12)

Asset (5)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (17)

Barrier (2)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

I, for one, welcome our butcher shop overlords

Should this move to the untested thread?

Though this isn’t exactly the most highly played of deck archetypes, I wouldn’t call it an untested or non-competitive archetype when a NEH Hybrid list took third at the Psi Games. I mean hey, Fisk and Adam get a thread…

On topic: the list I’ve played is not too dissimilar from Warpstoned’s list, but I opted for Elis over Architects. It’s almost certainly not the best list of its type but it’s surprisingly strong. 3 CVS is surprisingly essential. You can’t really score on board without Booths. I’m a big fan of opting against the 24/7 or Midseason and leaving your Ravens and Breaking News for that job.

It feels pretty crazy to install BN on SanSan with access to clot on the field, use an Astro token and kill Kate. Of course, it’s a reasonably flimsy plan and this deck could be a classic case of combining two good strategies (AstroBiotics and Shop, respectively) to make something not quite as good as either. Whatever the case, the deck’s not bad, and it’s a list to respect. “Slightly worse than AstroBiotics/Shop”, even if true, is still a high bar.

AstroButch (49 cards)

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center

Agenda (11)
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
2 Breaking News
3 NAPD Contract
3 Project Beale

Asset (8)
2 Daily Business Show
3 Jackson Howard
3 PAD Campaign

Upgrade (6)
3 Cyberdex Virus Suite
3 SanSan City Grid

Operation (12)
1 Biotic Labor
1 Fast Track
3 Hedge Fund
2 Scorched Earth
3 Sweeps Week
2 Traffic Accident

Barrier (4)
3 Eli 1.0
1 Wraparound

Code Gate (4)
3 Pop-up Window
1 Quandary

Sentry (4)
3 Data Raven
1 Turnpike

I think that people will be packing sufficient meat protection that even a full-on bshop won’t work, much less this watered down version. The better hybrid is with psycho IMO, but midseason on kate is tough, and she’s the match to beat. I think the 1-armed bandit Astrobiotics is the only thing that you should be playing.

speaking mostly on worlds, but the overall meta should look like worlds.

2 Likes

i think you could swap the 15 minutes to The Future is Now. It’s not offering much protection since you have so many 1-pointers. It’s also not offering much 24/7 enabling as you have so much fast advance. The Future is Now has a large upside.

I think you might as well just drop the midseasons as they compete with your fast advance dollars. FA’ing and paying for ICE when rich, 24/y when you’re poor.

If you can find a way to get to at least 2 shipment from san sans and 1 or two DBS’s in there I think you’re even closer to where you want to be.

After winning a handful of games due to simply having BN and any other agenda scored in order to 24/7 meat damage, I think at least two are staying in the deck.

As for those packing enough meat damage protection to not be killed, that is exactly why I’m attempting to build a viable hybrid. The versatility to simply score out if they are unkillable. Regular fastro is what I have played for a long time.

I find 15 minutes to be one of my favorite agendas in the game. Future is Now is a great card, but I think 15 minutes is downright broken.

A previous version of this deck did not have midseasons, however I find that it is an early game intimidation factor before i have spent my money on fast advancing, as well as just about my only response to NACH if I can money up to kate

I love shipment from sansan, and am upset I can only fidn room for 1. DBS would be fantastic if I can find a cut.

I have experimented with Archangel instead of enigma and have found it to be wonderful. I may make a straight swap, or if I can find room for 11 Ice, use both.

Thank you for the feedback guys. I’m still moving a lot of pieces around, and appreciate the suggestions. DBS may find its way into the next iteration.

As a reminder midseasons only provides “hard” intimidation if they see it in HQ. Otherwise they either worry you have it or they don’t.

15 minutes is awesome when it’s one of 2 1-pointers and you can set them back to two-scores to victory. When its one of 4 though the ability of the card is pretty diluted in my opinion.

I feel like we need to talk more about tracer ice and Rutherford grid, cause that card is honestly pretty nuts. I ran into a shinobi in making news and was so so sad

I think the problem with that card is that it only works if the runner can’t break the ice. If they can, it’s blank. It’s probably great on the times when you can somehow coax a runner into running a Shinobi without a relevant breaker or the ability to tutor one up on the spot, but it’s pretty sad the rest of the game.

1 Like

Which, Shinobi or Rutherford? If you don’t shake the bp, shinobi isn’t great if you can use a mimic on it, or atman 3, but it’s a fairly gnarly tax for non linked up runners. but yeah, it’s never the card I want it to be all the time, this isn’t shinobi’s time, no matter how much I may want it to be.

Oh, sorry, I was talking about Rutherford. Increasing the trace strength does nothing if the runner has breakers installed.

I think it’s more for traces like troll and tmi and information overload. I saw a deck with rutherford in it, and it was fairly powerful, increasing each non avoidable trace for 2 is bleh for the runner. Even more horrifying in making news.

It’s equally horrifying in Making News (that is: not much). It doesn’t do anything extra if you’re playing MN and it certainly doesn’t do any worse if you’re not. Though, yes, Rutherford Grid and Making News can add onto traces together, this doesn’t ‘break’ either of them and is an additive effect, not a multiplicative one.

It’s certainly not top tier, it just demand a level of respect for what it could potentially do. I think a str 6 manhunt trace makes the card with a second look, even if it doesn’t directly put agendas in your score area.

The only ICE it really compliments straight out are TMI, Information Overload, Troll, and Ichi (since the trace is so often left to fire).

Also Manhunt, Ash 2X3ZB9CY and Bernice Mai