Hypetown, or How To Bring Caissa Back

Still at work but SUCH EXCITE VERY CHESS WOW about the Caissa ruling from the latest FAQ! Share your Caissa ideas here!

2 Likes

Doesn’t this only affect how caissa interact with cards that host programs? I don’t think the lack of Shrehahereazade was the one thing holding the chess decks back…

That said… Maybe a personal workshop chess deck? I don’t know whether you go in shaper or anarch. If you have deep red you can easily install caissa onto ice whenever you like. Maybe in Nasir? Rook works to give you more credits then!

Edit: also London Library becomes a pretty sweet combo card with deep red. You get to put your caissa wherever you want for free, just using the click to install. Maybe Hayley madness?

3 Likes

What is the ruling, so lazy people like me don’t have to put in the time and effort

London Library and Technical Writer was the first thing that came to mind. I feel like Employee Strike is good Blue Sun insurance that could help make Caissa robust.

EDIT: Just realized that LL doesn’t really do much other than save you the small install cost. Probably not worth the slot.

• Bishop can be hosted on any piece of ice if it is already hosted
on another non-ice card.

So Bishop and Scheherazade work together, why is this a thing? Maybe some autoscripter stuff? Are we being trolled?

It’s (obviously!) a bit more to set-up, but Deep Red-Scheherazade-Pawn-Wasteland is almost analogous to a Desperado that pays out two credits.

Is it worth it? And if so, who would it be worth it for? Exile has the most obvious synergy, but that’s all of your influence and a quarter of your cards blown on that combo.

It may not seem like it, but this is huge because it makes Pawn combos give one more credit which is A LOT of credits in the long run.

I hope it becomes viable because the cards are awesome :smiley:

1 Like

How does this change anything with Pawn? It could always do this… and I think it has always triggered wasteland.

I played a few games with the set yesterday and the only thing I decided was that if Caissa had a day, it was gone.

1 Like

You can cash out your Pawn for a real Caissa and get a credit. That’s not nothing. I am not even slightly optimistic that this will do anything for the viability of Caissa, but it’s a nudge. LONDON LIBRARY PROF CHESS. Isn’t going to be a good deck. But at least it’s a deck now.

1 Like

[quote=“MasterAir, post:10, topic:5455”]
Isn’t going to be a good deck. But at least it’s a deck now.
[/quote]I think this is the heart of why I’m glad about this. It’s not that there’s some OP chess deck out there now, but there are certain to be decks that come along that are already bringing shez or LL for some other reason and now might be able to use a caissa with their rig.

Oh, and because no one else has helped him out and actually summarized this ruling: It affects Knight, Rook, and Bishop, and it basically says they can use their click abilities to move off a non-ice host. this means shezerezade, london library, and in more edge cases things like leprechaun and omni drive could host them temporarily without “trapping” them on that host card.

4 Likes

I never really understood why people insisted that the Caissa and Scheherazade were supposed to work together. The synergy is mediocre at best and thematically there’s nothing.

3 Likes

At the time the card pool was tiny and we were looking for anything to up the power level of Caissa. Also Anarch’s had no money. That’s why people insisted that they should work together

4 Likes

Installing lots of things is feels cool and Anarch (other than noise) doesn’t have the same amount of program turnover that shaper do - it seemed unnecessarily hamstringing that one of the best anarch enabler for that strategy didn’t work with anarchs highest turnover programs (and anarch at the time had very little going for it so people were trying every strategy).

I wonder if Bishop and Knight would be cool in a Hayley Chameleon deck?

I’ve been running this the last couple days to pretty good success*. Actually it was 3x Wasteland but then I started thinking about NBN so I swapped one for a Clot. Note that it doesn’t benefit at all from the new ruling (no Caissa other than Pawns), so not totally pertinent to this thread, but somewhat :stuck_out_tongue: .

Once you get the Pawn combo going it’s really good. One credit and card each run for each Pawn that gets queened, plus fires your Wastelands once a turn. So just like most slow decks, once you get your engine going you can be quite unstoppable, but getting your engine going before losing is the crux.

I like the idea of Employee Strike, but I fear the influence is already maxed out.

*have not yet played NEH Fastro or Blue Sun.

Exile Scheherezade Wasteland

Exile: Streethawk (Creation and Control)

Event (14)

Hardware (9)

Resource (9)

Icebreaker (4)

Program (9)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

If we’re talking modern Exile I’m definitely interested. I’ve got a similar idea, but it uses Technical Writer instead of Wasteland. That card is AMAZING with Pawn cycling. I’ve cashed them in for anywhere from 6-14 credits. That said the deck feels a bit slow, so I’d definitely appreciate input.

Let’s Chess again like we did last summer v1.2

Exile: Streethawk

Event (15)
2x Diesel
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Levy AR Lab Access
3x Scavenge
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run

Hardware (9)
3x Clone Chip
3x Deep Red •••
1x Plascrete Carapace
2x R&D Interface

Resource (3)
3x Technical Writer

Icebreaker (6)
1x Atman
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1
1x Femme Fatale •
1x Gordian Blade
1x Sharpshooter

Program (12)
1x Clot ••
2x Datasucker ••
1x Parasite ••
3x Pawn •••
2x Scheherazade ••
3x Self-modifying Code

45 cards (min 45)

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

played it for a while, by the time it was setup the tech writer credits were worthless, so TW was a wasted click most of the time. I scrapped the chess pieces to play cache-shop and it worked a lot better.

1 Like

Sneaky Streetchess

Exile: Streethawk (Creation and Control)

Event (13)

Hardware (10)

Resource (4)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (14)

46 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

This was my first pass at a modern Exile Streetchess deck. Hot damn, I’d forgotten how powerful Pawn + Cher was in Exile. Build your own proco for the low cost of two clicks and two cards.
I did notice that Stealth was a concept we didn’t have around the last time Streetchess existed, so I decided to go that route first, since the chess combo gives me enough velocity to get all the stealth pieces installed, which lets my chess combo continue humming, and lets me into servers for little credits, so that the Pawn-Cher chain lets me keep going.
After playing it once, it seems pretty resilient. Everything hums and synergizes with every other part of the deck. The clunkiest bit was Memory concerns, so I may be swapping out the Akamatsu for Cybersolutions. (DaVinci pays for it easily.)

Things to note about Modern Streetchess:
You MUST have Plascrete. My list doesn’t, and I will die so quickly to SEA+Scorch it isn’t funny. It’s a flaw that I need to patch.

Blue Sun requires you to play Employee Strike, or be ok with losing your Chess Combo. Because it costs influence, you have to skimp somewhere, and I chose to skimp on Parasite, as it seemed to me that the corp should either be trashing their ICE to my Caissa, or let me continue comboing on their face.

Marcus Batty requires Sacrificial Construct, or else don’t host your rig on Cher. I chose to try hosting the Stealth rig on Cher first, to see how that played… It’s powerful, since the breakers cost so little, and your tempo isn’t slowed by breaker installs. If I were to try not relying on Cher so heavily, I’d probably pull the constructs entirely, but for the first run, it seemed quite good.

While Wasteland looks fun, you can’t skimp on Deep Red or Pawn, and Rook and Knight are so powerful that they’re worth their influence costs. And you need at least one Cher… Not much influence left. There might be an argument that you don’t need the Legwork since they’ll ICE HQ anyway to stop your dumb chess combo? Technical Writer seems fun, but Kati pulled her weight… I might try the Writer.

1 Like

I looked at the title, thought to myself ‘I bet Rielle made this thread’

And well…

I’m a smart guy.

5 Likes

He is so smart! S-M-R-T!

1 Like