I Guess This is NEARPAD? - 1st Place Store Champ, SHL2 Carry

[quote=“Flickerwisp, post:20, topic:3067”]
Do you see this deck working in Making News with Manhunt?
[/quote]Not this deck, no. You lose your NEH drawing power, which is key to the deck, and losing Midseasons would kill a huge win condition for you. I’m not saying Manhunt sucks (it totally does), but just that it won’t work for this deck.

4 Likes

I played several games with this last night. Couldn’t get DRT to stick. It felt like a waste of 9 influence. do you have a secret to making that stick? If not license acquisition and hostile infrastructure are strictly better.

I’m loving Hostile Infrastructure more and more in this deck as it provides you some protection against the runner trashing your assets, but more importantly, I think, it really punishes rampant Keyholing, especially if you get 2 rezzed.

I’ve also been a fan of using Shell Corporation over Marked Accounts, but I’m also running Ghost Branch as well. I typically IAA the Ghost Branch, then next turn install and click the Shell Corporation and advance the Ghost Branch one more time, which usually works out to protect it fairly well.

Dedicated Response Team seems like a much more likely way to flatline aggressive runners. What would you cut (both in terms of influence and card slots) to make room for the Hostile Infrastructures? Don’t you also think you’d need more econ to support the rez cost?

1 Like

It’s listed in the writeup somewhere, but consider not rezzing DRT too early, especially if you are hoping a 1/5 chance they hit a Snare or TGBT in HQ. Further, DRT never “sticks” but instead tells the runner: YOU MUST TRASH ME BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE. So, if you can rez two to hit for 4 meat damage, then they are forced to spent 2 more clicks, 2 cards, and 6 bucks to get rid of them. Only rezzing one is significantly less taxing.

[quote=“gumOnShoe, post:22, topic:3067”]
If not license acquisition and hostile infrastructure are strictly better.
[/quote] Don’t be hyperbolic on my thread, buddy. Not cool.

I have the deck below, which I played a bit to see if it would be better in a post-Eater world. I found the HI’s expense much more prohibitive and much less threatening as well. The runner can just money up and win in my Centrals. To be fair, I only played a handful of games with it, so it may deserve more testing.

Modern Assets

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center (Upstalk)

Agenda (11)

Asset (17)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (4)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (3)

• 3x Architect (Up and Over) ••••• •

17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

I’m pretty familiar with these archetypes (not so much DRT, but lateral NBN) having played it consistantly for 3 months. I have played with HI and given my few games with this last night, HI has felt more valuable. I wasn’t being Hyperbolic. Getting assets to stick was hard (I rarely had more than 4 in all my games last night due to persistent trashing). I’ve warped my meta by playing a lot of lateral NBN, so my opponents are usually smart about this (DBS doesn’t stick, I rarely get more than 2 drip sources, they’re checking all the time for SanSans). In that environment I prefer encryption protocol, snares! and HI to just another card that needs to be trashed and costs me 3 influence.

I’m not saying this deck is bad by any means. You took a SC with it and I’m sure you’re orders of magnitudes better with it because you played it more than I have. I was looking for a little guidance and noting my observations from my ample experience. DRT seems really all-in to me, and I’m a bit adverse to that since I can’t get it to stick. (They get sniped from hand if I hold them, and all my remotes always get checked)

1 Like

Why would Hostile Infrastructure get sniped/checked less, though?

1 Like

If they are checking all your remotes do you not want more psychic fields more than hostile infrastructure?

Two drip sources sounds like the deck is working fine to me, do you want need more considering the cheapness of the ice and the massive mid-game burst of diversified portfolio

It’s not a massive mid-game burst if he’s rarely getting more than four assets to stick.

2 Likes

It’s sooo much more expensive. You’re eating into sansan trashing credits when you get above the 3 credit mark. 3 credits is security testing+desperado; that’s an almost non-entity for criminal economy. HI+Snare! is very good. Encryption Protocol makes HI tend to stick, which really leads into a solid diversified portfolio to make that midseasons stick.

It may just be a meta thing or the persona I’ve built up locally, but DRT has been a relatively dead card for me.

I think what you said above is probably key. If you watch the stream with Dan here (first game), he had no idea what I was playing and didn’t check all the remotes. Once the meta starts attacking this deck’s remotes then HI/Snare/Psychic Field is probably the right move. Maybe I’ll bring the HI version next week to the Store Champ and fuck with everyone.

3 Likes

What would you cut if you only had 15 influence?

These archetypes were the initial design idea behind NEH. Way to play to the true design goal here. Love it.

9 Likes

Man, I wished that video worked for me! No browser / machine combo on my end has yet been able to load it, which is weird.

You probably need to “follow” dan on twitch?

I guess ill upload things to youtube SOMETIME

3 Likes

I was doing the turtle econ thing (enjoyed it) and am moving on to this style of asset spam to mix it up. Since you’ve already played it a bunch may I please have some speculation on how those games may have gone if you just dumped the rest of the influence into 2 scorched?

TIA

Went undefeated corp-side with this deck (with some minor modification) at a 25 player SC in Orlando on 2/28. I was consistently against very strong players throughout the tournament, as well.

I was already a NEARPAD player, and came to similar deck-building conclusions on my own (City Surveillance is shite). However, this post convinced me to drop the last ELP and try a singleton Psychic Field. Changes well worth it.

Players who focused hard on my remotes expressed that they wish they had hammered centrals. Players who hammered centrals expressed that they wished they had gone after remotes. I love this archetype’s ability to change tack and make a winning line of play from some very dire situations.

Very underrated, IMO.

4 Likes

CIty Surveillance is so much damn fun to plop on the runner though, especially when they are poor.

I’m not about to say it’s 100% optimal (after all, I don’t include SanSan in my build, but that is for other reasons) but it is SO much fun to watch runners try to deal with it when used correctly.

So glad you swept corp side with this deck! It’s nice when you have winning lines whether they hit centrals or remotes. Very few runners (if any?) can focus on both.