[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

How is your agenda density increased? They both run 7 in 54 cards.

@rumirumirumirumi I haven’t tried FT yet, but I can see the appeal. I wouldn’t like giving away the fact that I’m installing a VP, though. I’d prefer to make it look like it could be another upgrade.

You could run 7 agendas in 59. That’s the spread I think they were referring to.

1 Like

Ah, yeah. 59 might be the way to go with Museum around. Could be more aggressive about dumping cards in archives. Diluting the Cricks and Shocks is a concern, however.

The difference between running 3 Vanity Projects and running 2 is massive. The later is much, much safer because it prevents pile-ups on HQ and means that once you score one Vanity, there’s only one server you have to worry about.

After testing, I think the ideal agenda spread is 2 Vanity, 3TFP, 1 Hades/Filler 5/3, 1 Filler X/2 agenda. Running an aditional Vanity to run a 3/1 is not worth it, because the only agenda ability you could care about is Chronos Project and you can never score it at the right time.

I’ve been able to score Chronos Project in the scoring remote by passing it off like a Caprice or Batty. People tend to leave the scoring sever alone if there isn’t anything being advanced. I agree with you on the spread, but Chronos Project has been very scorable.

Thoughts on using 59 cards and using 2 GFI 2 TFP 3 VP? or even 3 GFI 1 TFP 3VP? Makes VP that much less of a detriment since they are much more likely to need 3 scores if you include more GFI.

Also thoughts on Shi-Kyu? Again helps force 3 agenda scores rather than 2, but is kind of expensive to activate…

Been doing some testing with DBS over ELP. DBS is, as always, great when it works. Hiding everything at the bottom is even better when you only have 7 agendas.* However, it does nothing in the bad match-ups, or when you need to get the game under control. I’d rather run ELP to discourage marginal econ trashing, or even Capital Investors as Melange #4 or 5. As for ICE, I tried a Mother Goddess instead of a second Rainbow, which is usually identical but can occasionally lock out one server early game. Swordsman pulled its weight in about half of my games, given the Faustian world we live in. Chronos/Blacklist is also looking more and more tempting by the day.

*= as an aside, I wonder if Shannon Claire is worth it for burying that last Vanity…

Published the IG deck I’ve been playing with post-Kala Ghoda - it attempts to kill with Cerebral Cast recursion leading into a Scorched or Ronin

5 Likes

I feel like Defective Brainchips might be good in this type of deck, especially at 1 inf. Win Cerebral Casts, if they take brain, they take 2. If they take tag, double Scorch. Cool build.

1 Like

More of a shoutout to a build that I don’t think got enough attention. Net damage is in a crazy good spot right now, I think. This deck has been a monster. Even at a recent SC, runners just throw their hands up and wonder what they did to deserve this in their lives. This deck at 59 cards can be played in 30 minutes consistently. Don’t be that IG player that takes a whole round to score a point. Learn your deck, play it FIRST in swiss if your opponent doesn’t mind, and play it confidently.

Endless Repression

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions

Agenda (10)
1x Braintrust
3x False Lead
1x Philotic Entanglement
3x The Future Perfect
2x Vanity Project ••

Asset (29)
1x Allele Repression
2x Genetics Pavilion
2x Hostile Infrastructure
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Museum of History ••••
3x News Team ••••• •
1x Project Junebug
1x Psychic Field
3x Ronin
3x Shi.Kyū
3x Shock!
3x Snare!
2x Sundew

Upgrade (3)
3x Hokusai Grid

Operation (6)
2x Celebrity Gift
3x Hedge Fund
1x Scorched Earth ••••

Code Gate (6)
2x Crick
2x Lockdown
2x Lotus Field

Sentry (3)
3x Komainu

Other (2)
2x Kitsune

15 influence spent (max 15)
24 agenda points (between 24 and 25)
59 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

Looks solid - How often are you actually paying into multiple ShiKyus? I usually find that 1 is enough, 2 even gets redundant. News team is interesting. Is only two Museum right? That seems like one of the best reasons to play IG right now. Also, have you tested Server diagnostics? It’s considerably better than Sundew in IG in my experience. And thank you for playing Hokusai. I see people running less than 3 in IG and I just wonder about the world sometimes.

1 Like

One thing I’ve been having fun with is recurring a single Cerebral Overwriter for the IAA play. Landing it once makes the runner wary, landing it twice…hasn’t happened yet.

If I could play 6 Heritage Committees, I’d probably ask for 12. Drawing like crazy and planting traps on R&D just feels so good. The runner never checks what card I put there.

I’ve also been playing with Hades Shard, but it feels superfluous with the museums, but I’d probably go or 3x museums to keep the cards moving through. I’d kill for a Corp ProCo.

Thanks @hhooo. Ski.Kyu’s are more food for Philotic. News Team is for the tags to seal the Scorch. Combo with tagged Runner: Click 1 - Scorched Earth, Click 2 - Advance Allele Repression and rez and trash to get Scorched back in hand, Click 3 - Scorched Earth. Pretty nasty.

Museum could definitely be a 3x, but I haven’t found it to be too much of a problem retrieving and keeping one out so far. We’ll see.

What benefits do you see playing Server Diagnostics over Sundew? I’ve heard a lot of people say that it’s better in IG. Just not sure why. Takes 2 turns to pay a profit at same trash cost. Then I can’t install any ice? Not sure what I’m missing. I am definitely curious.

Hokusai is my favorite definitely. One on HQ, one on R&D, one dmg per quality run. Amazing.

1 Like

IAA overwriter is fun… Mushin-Advance overwriter is even more fun. Especially when you do it twice and threaten the Ronin flatline on the next turn. I’m sure someone around here (;)) can tell you what 8 brain damage feels like.

The best part is that it completely shuts down the overpowered Analog Dreamers…

1 Like

I imagine it’s because it will pay out whether they run it to trash it first click or not. That and IG usually runs very ice-light so the restriction isn’t so bad. In all honesty, I still prefer Sundew though.

I’m certainly considering going up to 59 cards to put in 3x instead of 2x for some of the juicier cards…it’s just another Fetal in my build.

It’s less relevant with today’s metagame, but still worth keeping in mind that criminal players can just Security Test your Sundew to turn it off. Not so with Server Diagnostics.

I’d be careful with this list post-Kala Ghoda, Artist Colony turns a bunch of your traps and the Philotic win condition into a huge liability. And there’s enough yellow decks using News Team and 15 Minutes around to guarantee it makes its way to a lot, if not the majority, of Shaper decks.

Gotta splash that Elizabeth Mills. XD

I can see that being a problem. If I start to lose games because of it, I’ll have to make some adjustments definitely.

So I’m trying to give IG a spin, does anyone have a good list for a post-MWL Cambridge-style kill deck? This is what I’ve been using, it seems to work but mostly against people on jinteki that mess up badly.

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (8)
2x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) •••
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (22)
2x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) ••••
2x Hostile Infrastructure (All That Remains)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
3x Mumba Temple (Kala Ghoda)
3x Museum of History (Kala Ghoda)
3x Ronin (Future Proof)
3x Shock! (True Colors)
3x Snare! (Core Set)

Upgrade (5)
1x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
2x Crisium Grid (First Contact) ••
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
1x Hokusai Grid (Humanity’s Shadow)

Operation (12)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)
3x Neural EMP (Core Set)

Barrier (2)
1x Ashigaru (Up and Over)
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Code Gate (1)
1x Crick (Breaker Bay)

Sentry (4)
1x Architect (Up and Over) =☆ ••
1x Cortex Lock (The Valley)
1x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
1x Swordsman (Second Thoughts)
14 influence spent (max 15-1☆=14)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Try and fit a Blacklist or two in there. If you are going for the kill, you will need to stop their recursion. And I’d make it 3 Hostiles just to make trashing the Blackmail that much more painful. It’s worked pretty well for me.

Then again, I’m not very good.