[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

This is eerily close to where I landed with Kala Ghoda cards in IG. More asset economy over Celebrity Gift but the same varied ICE and upgrade spreads. I think being able to make every central, and maybe even a scoring remote, taxing is important in IG but I’m just starting to play it now. Great list!

Necro-ing this because someone pointed out: Shi.Kyu is a “may” ability, so you don’t have to trigger it against an Artist Colony deck. That said, having dead card slots is never good & the runner also might hold AC in hand until they’ve already picked up some negative points. Still I think I exaggerated how bad SK gets hosed by AC.

I think the release of Global Food Initiative was a decent reason to cut back on Shi Kyu’s. Now that Artist Colony exists, there’s pretty much no reason to have it.

1 Like

I think Philotic is a great reason to have it, but the introduction of AC has really put the breaks on it being something I would consider otherwise.

This is the “Graveyard” type deck I took to the ANRPC Örebro qualifier. Went 3-1 during the day (1 default win).

To The Grave (ANRPC Örebro Qualifier 1st)

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (8)

Asset (30)

Upgrade (1)

Operation (11)

Barrier (1)

Code Gate (2)

Sentry (1)

14 influence spent (max 15-1☆=14)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

I had limited testing before the tournament but the deck performed really well. Flatlined the runner twice with chairman hiro, neural, ronin and flatlined noise after running him out of cards. The game I lost the runner aggressively checked all my cards (none were ambushes), won psychic field psi game and then siphoned me to end the game.

The deck is very weak to lamprey locking and account siphon. Almost folded to noise recurring lamprey but managed to hold on somehow. I feared the keyhole but didn’t face any during the day.

2 Likes

I went undefeated at a store champs with this list today. I went against my own advice & played some Artist Colony fodder. Then I flatlined a bunch of Anarchs.

I’m truly curious how people feel about Museum of History in “Industrial Graveyard” (Hiro+Ronin flatline) decks. Is it doing work? Do you find it dilutes your draws? What are you shuffling back & why? Do you just fire off Neurals & Ronins with little chance of a kill simply to shuffle them back? My instinct was that this is a combo deck & combo decks want to draw their pieces, not recycle things. It worked for me but others are obviously having success with MoH, too.

Silicon Valley (Endless Death) - undefeated Victory Pt Store Champs

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (7)

Asset (28)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (10)

Barrier (1)

Code Gate (1)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

I’ve been having success with IG and museum just by endlessly recurring Ronin and hiding the agendas with Jackson and the museum itself if necessary. I don’t think I’ve every scored a point other than to remove a particularly damning current. I went with 3 fetal, 3 tfp and 3 global food, though I could easily lose a slot or two and play napd contact, philotic and a chronos project if I wanted. As a jinteki deck that leans on caprice, it feels pretty strong without doing anything in particular. I run 3 hostile infrastructure in case people try to turn off the ID somehow, and run 2 CVS for the imps that invariably try to ruin my day

So the spoiled product recall seems pretty great for IG, even just installing and then recalling a shock can get you 5+ credits and a shock in archives. Between eli, architect, Ichi and cerebral overwriter you can get close to the alliance requirement.

Questions I wondering are a) how many do you play, and b) what are those last 1 or 2 HB cards you play to meet the alliance requirements? (A cheeky green level clearance maybe?)

1 Like

I don’t know… half the things you listed are on the MWL which makes for pretty tight influence (Jackson and GFI are basically mandatory so there’s -6 influence right there). Also, many IG run very ice light to fit all the Assets (just look at the last list!!), so adding multiple Eli, Ichi, Architect is harder than it might be in other decks.

It certainly has synergy, but I’m not sure it will be worth 6 HB cards in the deck… will have to play around with it. Diversified Portfolio is probably just a better option in most cases.

So you’re not scoring out but you’re leaning on Caprice? Do you have Caprice on Archives typically then? I’m curious if you could share your list, sorry if you did already and I missed it. This sounds like an interesting alternative route to me. I guess I’m just too used to Personal Evolution mind games where you have a limited supply of Ronins & rely on making one stick.

When I played a Caprice (still go back and forth on her from time to time) she went on Archives or RnD depending on the matchup (there may have been a couple where I put her on HQ to avoid siphon spam). I was never unhappy to see her, but there were many times when I just couldn’t rez her to any effect. She gets rather expensive for those repeated runs.

1 Like

I agree with @Sabin76 here, I don’t think there’s space in Genomics lists to meet the Alliance requirements. The most splashable HB cards are OK in Genomics (Green Level is great, Encryption Protocol is funny, Viper’s a solid ICE) but don’t necessarily meet the deck’s needs. There’s plenty of economy, a card that nets you around 5 credits for the cost of warping your entire build doesn’t seem worth it. I’m afraid that the six card Alliance requirement is actually absurdly high and all of these cards will be tough to use out of faction.

The best combo I can think of; Product Recall -> Sealed Vault. That still nets eight credits for two clicks, so it’s just 2x Hedge Fund. Though if you’re doing Turtlebacks I guess you got money for installing Sealed Vault, too.

I love Product Recall in concept, but even if you rejiggered your influence and managed to not make your deck worse than what we already have, what are you using all the money for? IG doesn’t really hurt for money.

Perhaps I’m not playing enough econ assets, but if I’m low on money I usually feel pretty helpless. Hostiles and Snare!s are expensive. Lamprey Noise, Siphon Spam, and Vamp are all real threats because traps no longer fire and they can run on my advanced Ronins without fear. That said, you can kill from 0 credits if you have a Mushin’d Ronin and they end the turn with < 3 cards.

Ultimately if you have enough cards in archives to use Product Recall you have enough cards in archives to drop a naked Sundew, Melange or any other asset and use it for your economic needs.

And even then, at 2 influence a piece, I think there are far, far better options.

1 Like

There are so many things I don’t agree with here I’m overloaded with responses, so I think I’ll just post my list.

I think product recall would be great in a deck that played bigger ice, and installed lots of ice. You could put it in a build with museum of history and constantly make money and put the museum to constant use.

Siphon isn’t really a problem in IG if you have lots of assets I feel, I run Mumba Temple and Hostile Infrastructure AND Museum, so that could just be my experience.

Finally, I think melange and Sundew are awful in IG, melange takes too long, and Sundew can be played around.

Alright, now that I got that out of my system anyway…

Museum of Purgatory and Samurai

Agenda (9)
3 Fetal AI
3 Global Food Initiative ●​●​●​
3 The Future Perfect
Asset (19)
3 Hostile Infrastructure
3 Jackson Howard ●​●​●​
3 Mumba Temple ●​●​●​●​●​●​
3 Museum of History ●​●​●​●​●​●​
1 Reversed Accounts ●​
3 Ronin
3 Shock!
ICE (15)
2 Cortex Lock
3 Crick
2 Datapike
3 Harvester
2 Komainu
2 Shinobi
1 Tsurugi
Operation (7)
2 Celebrity Gift
2 Election Day ●​●​●​●​
3 Hedge Fund
Upgrade (9)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY ●​●​●​●​
3 Caprice Nisei
2 Cyberdex Virus Suite
1 Hokusai Grid
1 Mumbad Virtual Tour ●​●​

There are a ton of flex slots but playing with Election Day, I’d say that isn’t one of them, though when Palana Agroplex comes out I might have 4 more influence to play with. Mumbad Virtual Tour isn’t necessary, but if you’re playing against an aggressive runner that keeps lots of money around, this keeps them firmly in check placed on a central. You also don’t really need ash, but sometimes you’re not quite able to rely on caprice on archives alone, or you have to clear a current and need to score an agenda. I only have 1 Hokusai Grid, cause it always goes on Archives, I’m not really looking to badger someone going into R&D or HQ a lot, I’m simply trying to make archives intensely painful. Cyberdex is for Imp, and Reversed Accounts is for when a feedback filter or some other counter for net damage could come into play before you sic your Ronins on the runner. My plan for this deck is to ice up Archives and whatever other central is most vulnerable ASAP. Against criminal, it’s going to be HQ, unless I have a bunch of assets placed for anti siphon reasons. With 3 hostiles and cyberdex and mumba temple, it’s consistent enough not to be a worry. Against Anarch, I pretty much just wait for Faust to kill himself, otherwise the Ice Suite is enough to be a pain in the ass against pretty much everyone but Valencia. Cortex Lock and Datapike are ice that could potentially be changed, along with harvester if you feel Yog is a problem, but Harvester works so well here for the purposes of leaving the runner with no cards in his stack to draw. You want the runner to draw cards often, playing Astrolabe against this deck is suicide.

Can I just talk about how much I love Election day in this deck? I might even play it along side of Palana Agroplex (1 rez 5 trash. When your turn begins, each player draws 1 card.) Overdrawing with jackson and trashing all your cards and drawing 5 is tremendous value, and really confuses the runner as to where your agendas are. Cause they aren’t ALWAYS in archives, that’s what Jackson is for. Hostile Infrastructure is for when the runner actually gets into archives and you jacksoned all your agendas out and left the shocks for the runner. Museum of History is an absolute must trash, so managing its trash cost is a must as well. This isn’t super difficult with Caprice in archives which, again, always goes on archives. If you have another one and you’re really worried about Criminal nonsense, then a caprice on HQ could work, but it almost never goes on R&D unless you have another one ready to go on archives. Crick is valuable for retrieving Caprice or Museum or Ash during an archives run, so don’t forget to leave one of those guys in there just in case. Crick isn’t as mighty in this deck as it would be in RP, but it’s still super cheap to rez and does something the runner doesn’t want to ever happen, so it stays. The Ice is just expensive enough that it’s relevant throughout the game, and is cheap enough to rez with Mumba Temple. You might think that 15 ice isn’t enough for a 59 card deck, but with the insane amounts of draw you should have, you’ll see enough of it while dumping useless things into archives.

So how do you win? Ronin, duh. Don’t bother trying to score agendas unless you have to. I wouldn’t say don’t try to score a global food if you have the chance, cause it’s the only agenda here without protection, but it’s not really worth it if you can safely store it into archives or a central that isn’t being run often. If you have the ability to chop away at the runner, taking 3 random cards is almost always worth it unless they’re running Wyldside. Diesel only nets the runner 2 cards, Quality Time puts the runner on a time limit, and is kind of expensive anyway, and the other sources of draw force the runner to wear a ticking clock around their heart. You will probably end up needing 2 ronin to kill, but if you can hack away at the runner enough, or they’re running faust, You’re probably going to win by default. Just the threat of Jinteki stuff should keep the runner from being reckless, and that’s what you use to defend your servers. Also, Komainu is super nice here, as the runner will probably want to kill it, and that means more Hostile Infrastructure work

This deck runs at variable speed, but is essentially glacier as clicking for credits to be able to threaten Snare! or advance Ronin is completely valuable, as your archives is the server you want to focus on the most. The basic idea is to kill with Ronin, so if you wanted you could throw a snare! or two in there, maybe even Shi.Kyu, though I’m hesitant with artist colony on the rise, and I don’t run philotic. All in all, you could easily make a variant of this deck and keep the contents generally hidden while still being this archetype of a totally hostile Corp deck.

Nice.

ok now read the write up:p

(Edit: I’m an edit whore)

How do we feel about Palana Agroplex? I find myself drawing with IG more than any other corp, so that seems nice, but it artificially increases runner hand size by one & throws off the Hiro, Ronin, Neural math. Could be good in attrition decks.

Um also Disposable HQ is going to be bonkers good in IG flatline decks. Hiding the agendas just got trivially easy.

I think it can be really poweful in grindy/glacier versions of the deck, but I don’t know what to cut to make room for it. Fitting Museum was hard enough.