[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

I’m finding more and more (in Palana testing) that similar to wyldcakes maxx, I don’t mind, and maybe prefer, drawing “too much.” I think its definitely good as a 1-2 of in IG.

3 Likes

Thought I would share this with you guys

This list has been the work of a few months of tinkering between Cory Hockman and Jamieson.
It has placed 7th, 4th , 4th and 3rd in Store Champs held in different metas and piloted by 3 different players.
We have done a full play guide and deck breakdown here; [Android: Netrunner] Deck Guide // Industrial Genomics // archive the impossible 1.0 - YouTube
( there is an error in the video about double stacking mother goddess but its unique so you obviously cant do that, sorry for the slip of the tongue, I meant to say 2nd ICE not double)
You can watch the deck in action on peach hack here; Netrunner - Industrial Genomics vs. Kate - Giga-bites Cafe Store Championship 2016, Round 1 Game 2 - YouTube

archive the impossible
Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions

Agenda (8)
2x Fetal AI
3x Global Food Initiative •••
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (31)
1x Blacklist •
2x Cerebral Overwriter ••••
1x Chairman Hiro
1x Contract Killer ••••
3x Hostile Infrastructure
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Melange Mining Corp.
3x Museum of History ••••• •
3x Psychic Field
3x Ronin
3x Shock!
3x Snare!
3x Turtlebacks

Upgrade (2)
2x Hokusai Grid

Operation (10)
2x Diversified Portfolio
2x Heritage Committee
3x Mushin No Shin
3x Neural EMP

Other (3)
1x Excalibur
2x Mother Goddess

15 influence spent (max 15)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

2 Likes

Very nice work. This must be what John Hartmann was playing at the Giga-Bites store champs in Georgia? There’s a video up of the ICE suite simply embarrassing a stealth Kate rig.

Curious about Contract Killer & no Philotic Entanglement—what does CK get used on? Film Critic? I know you sometimes get an easy flatline if the runner ends their turn on 1 card in grip but that’s extremely rare, particularly against Anarchs.

I looked at these card choices while tweaking my own list (further up the thread) for a store champs yesterday, where it went 4-1 and I finally lost a tournament game with Genomics. I feel like I let the deck down because I could’ve ICE’d RnD & the result probably would’ve been much better :cry:

The all-Mythic ICE suite is brilliant here & surprisingly tough for runners to handle, even in the Age of Faust. Forcing Atman@4 or Femme is great in the Shaper/Criminal matchups. I’m not sold on Turtlebacks or Museum so my main differences are that I’m on 49 cards, PAD Campaigns, & 2 Hiro so it’s easier to find him as he’s basically the win condition.

Yes - John got the list from Cory after playing cory in a previous event -

Contract Killer - big help against Film Critic or even a Kati in some cases but also an unadvanced Contract Killer can be double advanced and used in a single turn - it only needs 2 advancement to charge where like Ronin you need 4 - so its just another card that aids in the kill

Museum is a big help - get cards back into R&D is a huge help. if i have them out i will discard snare to get it back into R&D as I usually leave it un protected

The mythic ICE has been great - sometimes it fun to see people spending time and clicks setting up a rig or playing cards early just so they dont loose them to net damage.
One of the last modifications to the deck was cutting to 1 Hiro and going to 3 Hostile Infrastructure - too many Whizzards out there that can trash too easy and Hostile protects you from keyhole and apocalypse

2 Likes

How has Hiro been working for you? I felt the runner gets too many random accesses against a Museum deck to risk increasing your agenda density.

I can’t speak for Museum decks obviously but Hiro has gotten me far more wins than he does losses. He’s basically the deck’s primary win condition. The deck would be substantially worse without Hiro, and remember that he’s expensive to trash even disregarding the ID ability. Your opponent going flat broke to get 2 points…not so bad, makes NAPD look weak, A+ would Hiro again.

1 Like

I would second that Captain murder is so good, its often worth it to run a jinteki clone of him as well in the deck.

1 Like

Bio-Ethics Organization is going to change the game for IG, thoughts?

Pretty instantly 3x in both my attrition and straight kill builds. Seems like the only real place for it except maybe some PE.

3 Likes

I think the same thing, I can’t see how PE would ever get it to fire more than once. I think with Agroplex, you could wear the runner down pretty fast, taxing recursion before they can get use out of their cards is pretty cool. That’s just my bad idea, but there’s so many good ones to be found with this card. How much net damage can we do with no cards on the board other than 3 of these?

more than enough, up to 3 ronins, contract killers to some number, emp etc.

If you’re dirty, shutdown diagnostics 3x emp 2 times is 6 by itself lol.

What’s especially mean is comboing it with Hiro. Rez him to drop their hand size, then Bio Ethics pings them, then they only have two cards and we all know what happens then.

I feel like employee strike might be important

Yeah I see these as an added Neural EMP for IG basically, making it trivial to pull together a flatline combo with Ronin and/or Hiro. The trash cost is probably too low for PE, which already crumbles to R&D lock with the easily trashable traps.

And @cmcadvanced is right, Employee Strike is becoming increasingly relevant as a tech card against the IG, Cerebral Imaging, etc. I’m starting to see a lot of it in my meta & it can be brutal. Probably adding Cerebral Static as a counter will be correct at a certain saturation level, as the low agenda density gives it a chance of sticking in a lot of matchups.

1 Like

You know, I’d feel better about cerebral static if it did anything other than counter early game Whizzard and Employee Strike. I want it in Gagarin surely, but inf problems arise. Here’s hoping jinteki gets a low cost current

what does kill IG look like now do you think @x3r0h0ur

Sadness the deck

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions (The Source)

Agenda (8)
1x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]•••[/color]
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (34)
3x Bio-Ethics Association (Democracy and Dogma)
2x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) [color=#8A2BE2]••••[/color]
2x Chairman Hiro (Honor and Profit)
2x Hostile Infrastructure (All That Remains)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
3x Mumba Temple (Kala Ghoda) [color=#708090]••••• •[/color]
3x Museum of History (Kala Ghoda) [color=#708090]••••• •[/color]
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
3x Ronin (Future Proof)
1x Sealed Vault (The Spaces Between) [color=#006400]•[/color]
3x Shi.Kyū (Honor and Profit)
3x Shock! (True Colors)
3x Snare! (Core Set)

Operation (10)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]
2x Diversified Portfolio (Honor and Profit)
3x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)
3x Neural EMP (Core Set)
1x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (2)
2x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) [color=#FF8C00]••[/color]
15 influence spent (max 15)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Democracy and Dogma

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

im testing with bioetics, otherwise its 1 more hiro (-1 cuz of plop) and I think more traps.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/625994

I really like allele because you can instantly refresh face downs, recur mushin, recur emp as needed, pull agendas to hq where they’re safe wo Jackson, etc. So many uses.

Strong win rate vs randos, works pretty well. Its still just “eventually guess the overwriter”

1 Like

Why contract killer?

I can’t speak for Brian, but it’s a great way to force Councilman and a fourth pseudo-Ronin just creates more combos.

1 Like